17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else think they hear a boy screaming 'mama' on the 911 tape? I do

ETA: possibly 'stop'

I've only listened the one time, couldn't do it again but I thought I heard the same thing as well.

~jmo~

I've never understood why that info is being asked on so many forms anyway.

Because of the equal opportunity laws. Ask anybody working in the employment office of a sizable company. It is a nightmare.

Ohhhhhhhhhh, so it was just to make it shorter, not to make GZ look bad. Ok I'll go with that.

No, I am not saying it wasn't possibly to make GZ look bad. But there is a big difference between photoshopping and adding something that doesn't exist to the picture, and editing something into a shorter version.

I hate arguing here because I am not trying to be on Team Zimmerman. But having grown up in a family of defense attorneys I am somewhat sensitive to people jumping to conclusions concerning GUILT or INNOCENCE.

Go ahead and make fun of my little stick dudes all you want to, but I'll jump on the "poor George got his head bashed" wagon with all of you the minute someone can explain how TM's body wound up face down in the grass with his feet where George's head was getting bashed before the gunshot.

Please don't use gravity defying metaphors like flipping backwards, spinning around, and/or rollling over.TM wasn't shot with a cannon or a howitzer, it was a 9mm pistol. It's ballistics don't have the inertia to pick bodies up and reposition them elsewhere.

TMFight.png
TMFight1.png

Please stop the comparisons of this case to others. It's a distraction, it's apples & oranges, and it's disrespectful to the victims--this isn't a contest.

Sorry. Didn't see this before I posted my last response.

One of the basis for the Florida SYG law was to keep a person from having to bear the expense of missing work, paying bail costs, etc., while an investigation is done.

ETA: See: Fla. Stat. § 776.032. Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force

Excerpt: So if a person used force lawfully in self-defense against a criminal attacker, then his actions are justified (not merely excused), and he may not be arrested, criminally prosecuted or sued. It seems obvious that persons who have obeyed the law should not be arrested or prosecuted. Nor should criminals or a criminal’s relatives be able to harass the victim by filing a civil suit.

(2) A law enforcement agency may use standard procedures for investigating the use of force as described in subsection (1), but the agency may not arrest the person for using force unless it determines that there is probable cause that the force that was used was unlawful.

No, I am not saying it wasn't possibly to make GZ look bad. But there is a big difference between photoshopping and adding something that doesn't exist to the picture, and editing something into a shorter version.

I hate arguing here because I am not trying to be on Team Zimmerman. But having grown up in a family of defense attorneys I am somewhat sensitive to people jumping to conclusions concerning GUILT or INNOCENCE.

So I imagine you are outraged with SPD at the moment? I know I am!!! :)

BBM

I know that.......follow the posts back. I was responding to a post saying the media would not "mess" with evidence. The poster said they only did it to make it shorter. I agreed with sarcasm........

teh, I thought you always agreed with sarcasm. :p I know I do.

Ohhhhhhhhhh, so it was just to make it shorter, not to make GZ look bad. Ok I'll go with that.

Photoshopping by a news agency is a serious deal. I'm not sure it should be insinuated unless there is obvious proof.

I haven't been able to read all of the posts so I apologize if this has already been mentioned.

One of the things that bothers me about GZ's call to non-emergency is this: The operator indicated to GZ they didn't need him to follow TM. Okay, yet, GZ continues to provide information about TM - where they're located (operator asks for additional information AFTER he tells GZ to not pursue) etc. It's obvious they're still on the move and the operator continues to takes information from GZ while he's on the move following TM.

I feel the operator should have continued to reiterate to GZ not to follow TM. Instead GZ received what seems like an "go ahead" with the operator continuing to ask questions about where they're moving to.

I'm not blaming the operator. I can only say I became confused at that part. Either you want him to stop following or you want him to continue.

Go ahead and make fun of my little stick dudes all you want to, but I'll jump on the "poor George got his head bashed" wagon with all of you the minute someone can explain how TM's body wound up face down in the grass with his feet where George's head was getting bashed before the gunshot.

Please don't use gravity defying metaphors like flipping backwards, spinning around, and/or rollling over.TM wasn't shot with a cannon or a howitzer, it was a 9mm pistol. It's ballistics don't have the inertia to pick uip bodies and reposition them elsewhere.

TMFight.png
TMFight1.png

BBM

With all due respect, Trayvon certainly could have rolled over. We do not know the exact circumstances. And we do not have the autopsy report confirming the trajectory pattern of the bullet(s).

Interesting comments from Zimmerman's attorney.

Sonner, who is representing Zimmerman for the first time, took the increasingly high-profile case after Zimmerman’s father reached out to him on his son’s behalf. He did not say whether his client is employed, but he did say that threats against the volunteer watchman are so great that he and his family (he is married but has no children) may never be able to ever return to their home at the Retreat at Twin Lakes. Sonner too has received threats, and his phone is jammed.

Read more: http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/04/02...ts-have-been-spun-by-the-media/#ixzz1quXhFpsX

< mod snip >

~jmo~

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/04/02/george-zimmermans-lawyer-facts-have-been-spun-by-the-media/

So, Daddy reached out to Sonner. Interesting

Because of the equal opportunity laws. Ask anybody working in the employment office of a sizable company. It is a nightmare.
Why, because they can't slam the door in someone's face after one look?

Yeah, that's a real nightmare, except for the people it helps. :banghead:

Gosh, sometimes I think we forget that the Civil Rights Act was passed in 1964.

That's the same year the Beatles came to America. I was four years old.

I think businesses/society/whatever have had plenty of time to learn to deal with the fact that they cannot discriminate against people on the basis of race, creed, religion, or disability. And I'm really glad to have spent my life in a society where discrimination isn't accepted anymore and attempts at least to be a model for the world. :cow: :twocents:

One of the basis for the Florida SYG law was to keep a person from having to bear the expense of missing work, paying bail costs, etc., while an investigation is done.

But the SYG law does not prohibit arrest as long as it is done in good faith and with probable cause---just like arrests for every other crime in America.

Saying that the police would be liable for anything if it was later proven to be self-defense is a sweeping assumption IMO, and that is what I meant.

I mean, Trayvon Martin is missing his LIFE, personally I am not too concerned about the person who killed him missing out on those things. From what we know anyway,George Zimmerman is pretty much imprisoned--missing work, not going out, secluded, etc.

JMO MOO IMO

I haven't been able to read all of the posts so I apologize if this has already been mentioned.

One of the things that bothers me about GZ's call to non-emergency is this: The operator indicated to GZ they didn't need him to follow TM. Okay, yet, GZ continues to provide information about TM - where they're located (operator asks for additional information AFTER he tells GZ to not pursue) etc. It's obvious they're still on the move and the operator continues to takes information from GZ while he's on the move following TM.

I feel the operator should have continued to reiterate to GZ not to follow TM. Instead GZ received what seems like an "go ahead" with the operator continuing to ask questions about where they're moving to.

I'm not blaming the operator. I can only say I became confused at that part. Either you want him to stop following or you want him to continue.

George was looking for a house # so he could tell the 911 dispatcher exactly where he was at.

No, they edited it to make it shorter. Photoshopping a wound onto a head is a whole different matter. imo

they don't have to invent a wound to photoshop it, you can enhance, change coloring, change tint, etc of the exisiting photo traits. I do it all the time with photos of my granddaughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member