17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine my surprise with reading about MY perception of movements and failure to consider "walking around in circles" after reading this several weeks ago:
I never speculated on what he did after he reached the end of the path (other than the general statement he started to return his car). I simply said that him reaching the end of the path fits well within the timeline of him telling the dispatcher he won't follow anymore. If it came across differently to you, my apologies.

So...TM's dad and SO go to movie, come home to an empty house, and don't notice a crime scene close to their home? How the heck long were they gone? And where did the nephew go?

iirc the dad had not seem Trayvon since the evening before.

So TM's father didn't find out about the shooting till the next day?

Quote:
“I had gone out for dinner,” dad Tracy Martin told People magazine. “And when I got home, Trayvon wasn’t there. I tried calling his cellphone several times, and it went straight to voice mail.
“I figured that they had gone to the movies,” he said of Trayvon and his nephew. “So I laid down, thinking they would show up later.”
But Trayvon never did. The next morning, Tracy “started getting worried” when the nephew said he hadn’t seen Trayvon.

Yeah, it's pretty amazing that the SPD was content to let this young black man lie in the morgue as a 'John Doe', not even bothering to try to find out his identity, much less contact his next of kin. Isn't it?

Yeah, it's pretty amazing that the SPD was content to let this young black man lie in the morgue as a 'John Doe', not even bothering to try to find out his identity, much less contact his next of kin. Isn't it?

When did they identify him?

I find it even more amazing that a neighbor didnt say something to them or that they saw some sort of crime scene upon arriving home. Were they new to the community? jmo

Do you have a source for this?

IIRC, The father said they came to him the next morning (as in less than 9 hours after they left the scene).

I find it even more amazing that a neighbor didnt say something to them or that they saw some sort of crime scene upon arriving home. Were they new to the community? jmo

I think I remember that the crime scene had been cleared and everyone was gone by the time Mr Martin and his g/f returned home around 11ish.

To be blunt, you really don't know what he did for that amount of time. You can speculate all you want to, but nothing implies there was constant movement for that entire amount of time. At the very least, he could have been pacing or walking in circles as he was talking to the dispatcher. The timelines not fitting whatever direction you perceive a person to continuously move to (or away from) doesn't mean much without all of the facts. You're assuming he never stopped walking or continuously walked in one path or route. That's a very big assumption.

Well I am sure George told the detectives all about those circles, pacing or handstands he was doing while searching for that address. Yet they still say that dog don't hunt.

When did they identify him?

Tracy Martin called the police department himself the next morning to file a missing persons report. The SPD drove to his home and showed him the gruesome pictures of his dead child for identification purposes.

Trayvon was visiting his father at the community. There was no reason for the neighbors to know who he was.

Amazingly enough, the entire crime was all cleaned up by the time Mr. Martin and his fiance returned home from dinner. Some suggested that the (SPD) didn't want to work in the rain. Yeah, really!

Well I am sure George told the detectives all about those circles, pacing or handstands he was doing while searching for that address. Yet they still say that dog don't hunt.
I'm sure he gave a play-by-play of what happened, multiple times.

Trayvon was visiting his father at the community. There was no reason for the neighbors to know who he was.

Amazingly enough, the entire crime was all cleaned up by the time Mr. Martin and his fiance returned home from dinner. Some suggested that the (SPD) didn't want to work in the rain. Yeah, really!
Another poster just suggested the family claims they returned at 10:30, while local news was on the still-active scene at 11.

Strange huh. The crime scene of a homicide was just 200 feet away from their apartment, and was only ~3.5 hours old at the time the parents returned (10:30).

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/02/us/trayvon-martin-shooting-prompts-a-review-of-ideals.html

The local 11PM news showed that there was still an active crime scene at the time.

This is being really insensitive. I can't believe the dad is being questioned for not noticing a crime scene. It's not like it was right in his backyard, right behind his house. He probably did see lights and sirens, but why would his first thought be that something happened to his son? They were probably tired, made assumptions about where the kids were, and just went to bed. That is not unreasonable. I don't think they were expecting that Trayvon had been shot and was dead. Good Lord. These people are VICTIMS. Let's treat them as such instead of bashing them because they didn't know Trayvon was dead seconds after they got home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther