Trial Thread 4/25/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Derstine is leading somewhere with the EOA references.

Gang related material isn't allowed in Genest, but they don't keep up on gangs in London................huh?

How do they know what not to allow?

JMO.............

I am sure all visitors listed were checked out by RCMP...JMO or local police ie: OPP

I don't imagine the Crown was trying overly hard to prove a romantic relationship today; they've already heard testimony re his semen mixed with her blood in his car.

The gestures, whether brotherly or loverly, are affectionate.

ETA - I hope we see this video on London Free Press

plus the jury has already heard about the Super 8 visit with pics....I think the crown feels there is no need to dwell on what has already been proven.JMO

He could have slipped her pills when they were holding hands. JMO

plus the jury has already heard about the Super 8 visit with pics....I think the crown feels there is no need to dwell on what has already been proven.

respectfully...not all encounters that are sexual in nature confirms the pair were lovers...does that mean she fell in love with him that very first meeting and had sex within the hour...I doubt that...JMO

He wanted to make sure she didn't talk. It looks as though as soon as important information came out on TV that they were talking back and forth with each other. Obviously he was keeping her up to date and vice versa.

I wonder still if it was the comment "You'll do anything for a little bit of love huh?" is why she finally turned around and said he killed her.

I still do understand all of that. She said she did it, then him now her again.

Did she really kill Tori??? I really want to know the truth to this.

Would she really lie for him now?

I wish I was there to see the facial reactions to her testimony. I really think that speaks to what really happened. What things he reacted to etc.

This is how Christine Bratchford described her testimony regarding herself murdering TS,

"Though her language grew markedly less specific and moved from the active to the passive tense — “a bag was placed over her head”; “she was struck with the hammer”, etc. — McClintic claimed to have been the one who smashed the little girl in the head until she stopped moving.

I realize she has shown bias in this case but she did watch the testimony. I have serious doubts myself as to actually did the deed. JMO

hmm, I agree. I was looking for anyone who may be able to give a theory as to how he may have handled the texts / calls to all the other girlfriends while he was with TLM on April 8.

I saw the manipulation and control he had over TLM clearly when I watched the video showing them at the "box office"
- It shows a pretty girl and guy walk through
- followed by TLM & MR, TLM opens door herself and comes in first
- TLM stands right by door, almost unsure of what to do at a movie theatre
- MR comes in, almost behind her, he is looking in the direction of the unknown pretty girl
- it seems TLM senses this
- TLM slips her arms around MR waist
- MR quickly reacts, by acting like she will spill his Timmies
- all the while MR is still focused on the direction of unknown pretty girl

Also, the viedo depicts a well dressed, somewhat good looking man MR, and TLM is very insecure, wearing large clothing, a black hoodie pulled up on head... Not at all a likely couple in my opinion...

This all shows me TLM loved him, he was simply using her, and would go with whatever was better looking... He didn't want her cramping his style or interfering with potential new women either... And it seemed from the video she is almost shy to admit thats whats going on, but she knows it's true.

IMHO

Thanks for this analysis, LoyalSleuth. I agree - I think she seems slightly in awe of him.

Although she's painted as very ruthless and cunning, I think it's still very possible for her to be weak and easily manipulated in other areas of her life, compartmentalized aspects of her personality.

That's my take on why she ended up the one on video at the school for the actual abduction and at Home Depot, purchasing the murder weapon. Some would see this as evidence she's making the decisions; I see that she has, somehow, ended up as the as the one taking the most risk in terms of incriminating evidence.

Anyone who pats someone on the back or head is "not into you". JMO

maybe not Milhaven but a detention centre...I am sure they checked everyone out..if not then there is something wrong with our system...JMO

I think the fact that these videos had no audio shows that there is something wrong with our system. JMO.

The point of the videos was lost without the audio. To show he was there? The sign-in sheets do that. So would a still image or two. JMO

Don't mind me... just slightly annoyed.

The visitor door is locked. They must ask permission to enter over an intercom.

Gifts are allowed. But must be inspected by staff. Beverages are not allowed.

RaffertyLFP: The Genest video cameras are stop action and images must be strung together. Court wlll see video from Rafferty's visit on May 8 and 12th

See above post for the answer to gifts being inspected :)

Rafferty's mostly electronic activities between April 8 and his arrest on May 19, including more than 100 instant messages and text messages on many days.

However, his cell activity was quiet between the hours of 5:03PM and 7:03PM on April 8th, 2009, the day Tori Stafford went missing, and was sexually assaulted by Rafferty, according to Terri-Lynne McClintic.

On April 10, 2009, records show Rafferty's phone and Carole McClintic's phone, which Terri-Lynne used, exchanged 44 text messages.

Johnson also testified that Rafferty and McClintic kept in very close contact after she was arrested and held in custody in April and May of the same year. Rafferty also visited McClintic while she was being held at the Genest Detention Centre in London.

http://www.1047.ca/local-news/michael-rafferty-trial

respectfully...not all encounters that are sexual in nature confirms the pair were lovers...does that mean she fell in love with him that very first meeting and had sex within the hour...I doubt that...JMO

Who says you have to be in love with each other to be lovers? I define it as people who are intimate, not in love.

JMO

...hmm...IMPORTANT question....Does anyone think they will release today's videos ...so the reporters can show us...my guess is : "NO" ...since the Trial is still on with no verdict....Imo I would love to see them...I am sure I am NOT alone IMO...hmmm robynhood

Robynhood, I think they might - London Free Press has posted a lot of the evidence to date, including the audio of the interview with MTR and the video clips of his car at various locations. You might check want to check their site later in the evening.

I'm not sure how they decide which evidence to post - maybe it just comes down to workload and staff. I get the impression they're a small outfit. I appreciate their reporting - it's a fresh perspective from the big news organizations.

Here's the link to their trial videos page:

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/04/19/19653076.html

The next gap in Rafferty's phone use came between 5:05 and 7:46 p.m. According to McClintic's testimony, Tori was raped and killed around that time, as it was beginning to get dark.

At 7:46 p.m. four instant messages that Spitzig sent between 6:35 and 7:11 p.m. were delivered at once to Rafferty's BlackBerry.
His voicemail was called one minute later, records show, and the call bounced off a tower near where Tori's remains would be found more than three months later near Mount Forest, Ont.
I guess this is when he put the battery back in his phone. JMO

In fact, they did have sex the first day they met.

Lovers doesn't refer to people that are in love. It is the socially acceptable term for people that are sleeping together.

TLM seems to be the type that would love anyone who pays her the kind of attention that she seemed to be be getting from MTR and yes IIRC they did have sex on their first encounter. I also didn't say - just because they had sex that they were lovers!!!!! I believe that TLM was head over heals for this guy. MTR wanted her for one reason...and it wasn't to be his girlfriend...he finally found "the one"....the one that was crazy enough to go along with his sick fantasy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member