17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>

From our Rules forum:

Freedom of Speech:

While we believe very much in the freedom of speech & expression, you DO NOT have an absolute right to say whatever you want in this community. WS is based in the United States, but is not an agency of the Federal or any State government - so the 1st Amendment to the United States Constitution and similar State amendments regarding your right to free speech DO NOT APPLY HERE. Anything that goes against our core beliefs and the purpose for which this community was designed may not be allowed. Posts and comments that are meant to incite conflicts between members or outside parties are strictly prohibited. WS Administration has the absolute right to edit, modify, close or delete any content found in this community. While this rarely, if ever happens, we will not tolerate individuals or groups creating problems with the overall membership.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7825556#post7825556"]Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Now let's all discuss this case and not each other. :tyou:

The dogging in this thread is going to stop. Every poster has a right to their opinon. If you don't like it move past or state your opinion and move on. That doesn't mean you have to repeat the same thing over and over or tear every post apart. That is dogging. Dogging repeatedly and spamming is against our TOS.

I have asked several times to move past the opinion posts. Get back to the facts not your opinion, & your theory. Do not continue to post the law unless you back it up with a link. And if you are not a verified attorney don't go there at all stating it as fact. And if you are a lawyer and going to post as one, get verified. We verify attorneys and professionals for a reason.

TO's start this minute. Do not personalize your posts. If you are using the words you or your or you think, or no you're wrong, you are on the wrong path it is personalizing a post. Turn it around!

I'm finished warning. Get off the opinion, and theory. And talk about the facts. The opinion about George getting out of the car, whether he violated an order or direction is off the table for the time being. We have beat that horse to death.

MOVE ON! There are many facets to this case, much news and it is time to sleuth instead of bullying and bickering.

Could if it hasn't be discussed beyond reason get some information on the SP not including the photo of zimmermans bloody head.

Do you think news is trying to sensationalize in the other direction now?

I don't really know about sensationalize, but this article is far more complementary to GZ than many previous ones. I do not object to that since I have never seen GZ as a monster who deliberately tracked and shot Trayvon intentionally, he made a series of extemely bad choices and his judgement does not appear to be entirely sound.

I kind of wonder about the how he got his gun story as well. If he got the gun because it was suggested by either PD or Animal control because of a rogue dog in the neighborhood that was menacing people, then I kind of wonder why he got a permit to carry...since I am presuming that the aggressive dog was not following him and his wife to work or to Target or Walmart or anywhere. He could have got the gun and kept it at home to deal with the neighbors aggressive dog, but that is just a stray thought of mine, since I can't seem to wrap my head around any authority, PD or Animal Control actually telling someone to get a gun to deal with an aggressive dog. IMO JMHO and stuff.

Do we know if the hearing is still on for Friday? About the Sunshine provisions of unsealing records? And if so what time is the hearing? Thanks.

So if George or his wife shot a dog with there concealed weapon would they be claiming SYG?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/25/us-usa-florida-shooting-zimmerman-idUSBRE83O18H20120425

Reuters) - A pit bull named Big Boi began menacing George and Shellie Zimmerman in the fall of 2009.

The first time the dog ran free and cornered Shellie in their gated community in Sanford, Florida, George called the owner to complain. The second time, Big Boi frightened his mother-in-law's dog. Zimmerman called Seminole County Animal Services and bought pepper spray. The third time he saw the dog on the loose, he called again. An officer came to the house, county records show.

"Don't use pepper spray," he told the Zimmermans, according to a friend. "It'll take two or three seconds to take effect, but a quarter second for the dog to jump you," he said.

"Get a gun."

That November, the Zimmermans completed firearms training at a local lodge and received concealed-weapons gun permits. In early December, another source close to them told Reuters, the couple bought a pair of guns. George picked a Kel-Tec PF-9 9mm handgun, a popular, lightweight weapon.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimm...ry?id=16177849

"The person who took the photograph of a bloodied Zimmerman, asking not to be identified, told ABC News exclusively that they did not see the scuffle that night, but did hear it. The person recalled seeing Martin's prostrate body on the wet grass and said the gunpowder burns on Martin's gray hoodie were clearly visible.

So, I am still wondering if a bullet fired at close range in the front would leave powder burns in the back. Am I missing something obvious here? So, had the cops turned Trayvon over and that's when said photographer saw the burns? And took the pic of George's bloodied head when LE were present?

Do we know if the hearing is still on for Friday? About the Sunshine provisions of unsealing records? And if so what time is the hearing? Thanks.

It appears that Judge Lester's calender is not available online. Hopefully we can find something verifying the hearing and the time.

~jmo~

So, I am still wondering if a bullet fired at close range in the front would leave powder burns in the back. Am I missing something obvious here? So, had the cops turned Trayvon over and that's when said photographer saw the burns? And took the pic of George's bloodied head when LE were present?
Its a puzzlement, imo. It isn't clear at all.

Yes, it is still on for Friday, 9am I believe. :seeya:

With him laying on his stomach so long you would think his front would have been blood soaked and it was dark and the hoodie was dark gray. Come on something not right here.

IIRC, the charging document says that he was shot in the chest. So it seems that regardless of where the powder burns were observed, the prosecution is taking the position that the shot was at close range to the chest, not to the back. I don't know the answer to your specific question, though.

But we don't know what the rules were at GZ's development do we?

I haven't seen that info posted anywhere but I may have missed it.

From thread 11, post # 453
In September, the Sanford police helped the Retreat start a neighborhood watch program.

"Some residents called me wanting to do a startup," said Dorival, a civilian police employee. About 30 people came to the clubhouse for that first session, she said. "Everyone was enthusiastic." Zimmerman volunteered to be captain.

"I told them, this is not about being a vigilante police force," Dorival said. "You're not even supposed to patrol on neighborhood watch. And you're certainly not supposed to carry a gun."

From 31, post # 334
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...Handbook.pdf&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13353992052071

What do you think the address was he went to get?
If it wasn't "john's" address then maybe it was Trayvon's.

I keep thinking that Trayvon got to his back door, didn't have the key, knocked quietly, then a little louder, trying to get in and that is where GZ saw Trayvon and confronted him. I think he thought TM was going to break into his own (temporary residence) dwelling.

I have heard rumors that TM got almost home and rumors that his phone was found near his own door. One witness was worried about an elderly man who lived three doors down and to the north of her. That sounds like Trayvon's building and the same witness (911 caller said that the altercation started out further down from where it ended behind her house.)

What if GZ came up on TM there and TM, in an effort to get away from GZ, knocked him away and took off running. GZ catches him and the "scuffle" begins.

Time will tell when all the witnesses come forward, their statements are known and all the facts are aired at the trial. That SChool teacher, IMO, will be one of the Prosecutions best witnesses...based on her very detailed 911 call. That an the murder caught on the 1st 911 call.

I thought that some of the first Officers on the scene attempted CPR, and he would have had to be turned over for that, but I thought this picture was taken before other Officers and first responders arrived, at about three minutes after the shooting, but Perhaps they had arrived although I don't know how anyone would see powder burns on the hoodie if they were attempting cpr...so I guess it's kind of a mystery. Powder burns on the back of his hoodie would be really BIG news though.

Has anyone read of any clubs or organizations that George Zimmerman was a part of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500