Trial Thread 4/26/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
he did not finish high school he only got one credit his graduating year. JMO

He got one credit in his grade nine year at that school. No information of any other credits at any other high schools has been found that I know of.

MOO

still can't see how any of this proves that HE knew it was a kidnapping from the get go or that he was involved in the murder...yes he was with them both..yes he did drive, of that there is no doubt..did we actually see him hand the money over to TLM.. besides we have TLM's confession that it was she who actually did the deed...she didn't testify that they both swung the weapon...only her... yes we all agree that he may have helped her clean up the crime scene for reasons that haven't been mentioned to date as we have not heard from the defence..JMO and yes TLM is a liar for many reasons...that has been stated and proven on this site many times so won't go into detail again...
nice one AG on catching the coat scene at the theatre... JMO

What 8 year old child would go along with being kidnapped without making a stink? I can not see how he could not know at some point in time that she was being held against her will. It wasn't like it was a 10 minute drive or something, it took hours. Even BA said she didn't see a child in his car, so a child being hidden in the backseat (maybe?) of a vehicle proves to me that he knew she wasn't just being babysat. I don't hide kids I am babysitting from public view in my vehicle. Maybe he didn't initially know it, but at one time he had to have known. He had ample opportunity to stop her murder if he wasn't part of the initial plan IMO.

I do believe that you need to be aware that you are participating in the kidnapping, sexual assult to be found guilt of 1st degree.

Yes, as I stated earlier, I believe that is the point of all of this evidence. It shows, beyond reasonable doubt, that MR was a participant (not unwitting bystander) in Tori's kidnapping.

Conversely, there has been no evidence, as of yet, to support the idea that he thought he was babysitting a child. It is nothing more, IMO, than a preposterous hypothetical suggestion, when held up to the actual evidence in this case. MOO

still can't see how any of this proves that HE knew it was a kidnapping from the get go or that he was involved in the murder...yes he was with them both..yes he did drive, of that there is no doubt..did we actually see him hand the money over to TLM.. besides we have TLM's confession that it was she who actually did the deed...she didn't testify that they both swung the weapon...only her... yes we all agree that he may have helped her clean up the crime scene for reasons that haven't been mentioned to date as we have not heard from the defence..JMO and yes TLM is a liar for many reasons...that has been stated and proven on this site many times so won't go into detail again...

No one can PROVE what MR knew HOWEVER his behaviour led to Torie's death---It is not reasonable to take a little girl in his car out of town and to buy drugs....I think the jury has to go on what is reasonable? And did the defense not come up with some lame suggestion that this was a "drug-debt"--so in that case he is a party to the kidnapping. (JMO--It was his idea and he used TLM as his accomplice)And for a while had her convinced to take the cover for him until she found out more about him and his numerous women and lies.

He got one credit in his grade nine year at that school. No information of any other credits at any other high schools has been found that I know of.

MOO

Tell me it wasn't Art Class--his interior car paint job would be a O---It seems he has trouble completing things.....and has trouble making commitments too--I would like to know more about his upbringing...

The people below were Wrongfully Convicted for horrific crimes.

All the evidence presented by the crown also convicted them.
The media stories convicted them.
The public convicted them.

I for one will wait until I hear the entire case before I string anyone up ...

Canada's wrongful convictions
James Driskell
Anthony Hanemaayer
Donald Marshall Jr.
Simon Marshall
David Milgaard
Guy Paul Morin
William Mullins-Johnson
Romeo Phillion
Thomas Sophonow
Steven Truscott
Kyle Unger
Erin Walsh

James Driskell
Anthony Hanemaayer
Donald Marshall Jr.
Simon Marshall
David Milgaard
Guy Paul Morin
William Mullins-Johnson
Romeo Phillion
Thomas Sophonow
Steven Truscott
Kyle Unger
Erin Walsh

I don't know what evidence was presented in regards to these cases but at some point we have to use some form of logic along with the evidence presented to come to a conclusion. Yes, it is true that people are convicted of crimes they didn't commit but it is also true that some criminals don't get convicted of crimes they DID commit. In which case we can say the same about the defense lawyer letting these monster back out on the street to do it all over again. In this case, IMO it has provided an overwhelming amount of evidence to suggest that MR is guilty especially since it is so rare for the Crown to have a confession to go along it. IMO to suggest that there isn't enough solid evidence that MR at very least, is CAPABLE of this crime, to me simply would suggest a lack or disregard of common sense.

James Driskell
Anthony Hanemaayer
Donald Marshall Jr.
Simon Marshall
David Milgaard
Guy Paul Morin
William Mullins-Johnson
Romeo Phillion
Thomas Sophonow
Steven Truscott
Kyle Unger
Erin Walsh

the name ST jumped out at me..I think he was even sentenced to death at one point...I believe it was an upstanding journalist that went to bat for him...if ever there was a case of keystone cops and bumbling military police..well I don't know what is...and to think he was so young at the time..of course his father was only in the ranks where as her father was an officer... JMO

RaffertyLFP: Court resuming jury coming in

Jurors returning to the courtroom.

RBBM

May have helped her clean up the crime scene, I don't think there is anyway she would be able to carry Tori's body by herself over to the rock pile or lift some rocks that were over $100lbs on her own either, he most definitely helped 'clean up'

JMO

Comment From m: ]
was there ever a statement about how many pills TLM and Rafferty would take? Or was it just empty pill bottles that were presented as evidence?

Mike Knoll: @m - "The admission involved what Rafferty said to two undercover police officers placed in police cells with him and taken with him to the Oxford County courthouse May 20, 2009.

Rafferty asked one of the officers for drugs and said he uses “Oxys,” five 80-mg pills or 11 to 12 40-mg pills a day. If he can’t get Oxycontin, he takes 20 to 25 Perocets a day.

Rafferty said several times he wanted some Oxy and added, “It’s going to be a hard few days.”

He’s been in custody since."

source: http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/04/05/19600266.html

RaffertyLFP: Next videos focus on peacoat worn by Michael Rafferty

Carnegie asks Lanna about video footage taken April 8th, 9th, 2009 at a BMO in Woodstock.

Also, compare the peacoat he's wearing to the one seized at his home.

RaffertyLFP: The video was taken at a Bank of Montreal ABM

Tahorn and Oldsoul2 I appreciate both of your points of view. Tahorn-you would make a much better juror than I as I still have a frontier style justice thorn in my butt from the anthony trial.

RaffertyLFP: The court is seeing four stills from the ABM which appear to show Rafferty with a mugshot of Rafferty in the middle

Lanna says he does not do facial comparisons, says determining identity is a matter for the courts.

RaffertyLFP: The ABM stills were taken on April 8 Lanna said he will not focus on identifying Rafferty's face, leaving that to jury, will focus on coat

Jurors see four pictures of Rafferty from the BMO footage, wi his mug shot.

Showing the comparison between the coat on the BMO footage and the one police seized.

James Driskell
Anthony Hanemaayer
Donald Marshall Jr.
Simon Marshall
David Milgaard
Guy Paul Morin
William Mullins-Johnson
Romeo Phillion
Thomas Sophonow
Steven Truscott
Kyle Unger
Erin Walsh

Yes, true. On the flip side, many of those high profile cases resulted in public inquiries that ultimately led to the critique and revision of the Canadian justice system. Canada is often used as a positive example in debates about legal reform in the US, for this very reason.

Your post is a reminder that many of the frustrating aspects of this case (publication bans, etc.) are measures taken to ensure that this trial is fair and to prevent wrongful convictions and lengthy appeals. :)

Comment From m: ]
was there ever a statement about how many pills TLM and Rafferty would take? Or was it just empty pill bottles that were presented as evidence?

Mike Knoll: @m - "The admission involved what Rafferty said to two undercover police officers placed in police cells with him and taken with him to the Oxford County courthouse May 20, 2009.

Rafferty asked one of the officers for drugs and said he uses “Oxys,” five 80-mg pills or 11 to 12 40-mg pills a day. If he can’t get Oxycontin, he takes 20 to 25 Perocets a day.

Rafferty said several times he wanted some Oxy and added, “It’s going to be a hard few days.”

He’s been in custody since."

source: http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/04/05/19600266.html

Just want to mention that is a minimum $200 + a day habit or $1400 a week

RaffertyLFP: The images show a dark jacket with a wide lapel and large buttons matching Raffety's coat

The coats both have a broad style lapel.

Buttons also arranged in a similar way.

Lanna also analyzed Rafferty's hair. He purchased hair dye from Wal Mart after Tori went missing.

RaffertyLFP: After receipt found for hair dye, Lanna asked to analyze images to see if Rafferty had dyed his hair

He was asked to determine if the dye had been used in some of the photos.

Showing filtered images of Michael Rafferty.

Avery Moore ‏ @AveryFreeFMNews
Jury is back after lunch. Special Const. Gerry Lanna still on the stand. Speaking about ATM cameras that caught #Rafferty's image on Apr 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?