17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Concerned Papa, I truly appreciate all of the posts that you have done with the overlays of the complex, times and points of where Trayvon was found. I have a question though that I thought of tonight. Do you think it is possible that Zimmerman may have suffered from Inattentional Blindness that night?

Inattentional blindness is the failure to notice a fully-visible, but unexpected object because attention was engaged on another task, event, or object.

On the recorded call with the dispatcher Zimmerman gets out of his car after saying that Trayvon is running. He tells the dispatcher that Trayvon is running down towards the other entrance of the neighborhood. We know that Trayvon was in between the condos in the grass area. What if Zimmerman glanced down that area but didn't see Trayvon even though Trayvon was in fact walking in that area? What if Zimmerman continued on past that to go to the left where the back entrance/gate is? After not seeing Trayvon there either he backtracks to the grass area between the complexes and sees Trayvon now that he is really loooking for him again. Could this be possible with the amount of time that we know about?

http://www.scholarpedia.org/article/Inattentional_blindness

MOO

Sorry, he does say something in between the last question and "I have no further questions", but I can't make it out either. I do see the "smug" look you're talking about though.

Just checked the transcript and it's not in there either. Now its gonna bug me! :maddening:
--i think he says something like "could i have a minute your honour" ( confers w/ his partners ) "nothing further".

--omara then does the smug look, and jumps up to ask HIS 'further questions'.

After Zimmerman set up his website he was quickly put in jail so he might have not known how much money in donations he got at the time of the hearing.

That is what I was thinking and that much of the donations came in when or after he was arrested. I mean, why donate for someone's defense fund when they haven't been arrested?

Wow ! Sonny Hostin along with Mark G. agree, THIS IS A BIG DEAL !
Anderson Cooper

--this should definitely also affect omara asking the florida taxpayer to pay for security for george----and, george's indigent status should be yanked immediatley.

"He asked me what to do with his PayPal accounts and I asked him what he was talking about," O'Mara told Anderson Cooper. "And he said those were the accounts that had the money from the website he had. And there was about 200, $204,000 that had come in to date."

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/26/justic...ney/index.html

"ACCOUNTS"

What does this mean? Why is there more than one paypal account, anyone?

Why wouldn't he be profiled by his age and gender? There were recent crimes, included a home invasion, in that complex. And all of the suspects were YOUNG MALES. It is not illegal to be suspicious of someone who fits a profile of earlier crimes in the area.

Then you WATCH him and see if he does anything suspicious besides walking while wearing a hoodie. GZ was on the phone fairly quickly. What did he actually see TM do before he called it in? AFAIK, nothing.

I'm betting that O'Mara won't be returning any phone calls to the AP tonight.

~jmo~

Quick quote from above link:
But criminal defense attorney Mark Geragos said Lester might not react benignly. "I know a lot of judges who would remand the guy back into custody immediately," he said. "If you've got more money stashed in an account and you could just pay the bond and be gone, that gives a lot of judges concern."

From your fingertips to God's ears, please! :please:

Then M'OM saying his costs can range from 500k to $1M.. is this in hopes that the indigent status will stay in effect??? Was he trying to make it sound like 200K was just a drop in the bucket? $400 per hour... please...

big mistake. big mistake. big mistake.

O'Mara's over at NeJame's house right now looking for paybacks.

:cow:

I thought that money was for the defense fund. Isn't it supposed to pay for the attorney? Why can't they put their house up for the bond and use the donations for the attorney's fees?

MO'M took this case pro bono so there are no attorney's fees. I don't think he gets to change his mind when money suddenly pops up from anywhere.

Have we seen anything from the Court stating that GZ has been granted indigent status?

So is this how it's going to be for every article that's seemingly positive towards GZ? That it must be embellished or made up? Is it really that some want him to be this monster so bad that anything written in a positive light is taken with a grain of salt?

I'm waaaaayy behind here so I apologize if this has been addressed already, but for me the issue is that all the dirt dug up on Trayvon (marijuana residue, screwdriver/jewelry in backpack, suspension reason) were confirmed by official sources.

So I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that all the gold dug up on GZ be confirmed by official sources as well.

JMO MOO and so on.

Then M'OM saying his costs can range from 500k to $1M.. is this in hopes that the indigent status will stay in effect??? Was he trying to make it sound like 200K was just a drop in the bucket? $400 per hour... please...

He better be praying that this money keeps flowing because otherwise if Zimmerman is declared indigent by the state, he will only receive what a public defender is paid and in fact (and I'm not a lawyer) I believe the judge could overrule allowing O'Mara representing Zimmerman and provide him with a public defender.

~jmo~

Every resident of Florida has received tax exempt status from the state of Florida in Florida. Florida HAS NO state income tax.

If a resident of Florida appeared on a game show, they would be required to pay taxes on any prizes they win. The IRS has people onsite at game shows for exactly that reason. The IRS also has very specific rules on the amount of a gift. It may be that amounts under a certain amount may not have to claimed but the sum total of the gift is taxable.

Texas didn't have income tax when I lived there but I was not tax exempt. I paid sales tax in every city. There is a very specific definition of tax exempt and it doesn't involve where you live.

If I were MOM, I'd ask the judge for permission to set up a trust for GZ - with the money, given the fact that the money came from people whose intent was clearly to provide for GZ's expenses while he waited for a resolution. That's what GZ's website was about, and certainly, GZ is going to have living expenses, as will his wife.

GZ had earlier indicated on his website that he'd keep a thorough accounting of funds & file reports...

If GZ doesn't use up the money in the trust, the balance could go to ... (insert your favorite recipient: TM's family, National Neighborhood Watch Assoc., NRA, ... etc..)

A compromise where that money's actually not GZ's to hold, but held in trust with GZ as beneficiary?

Anyway, BIG MISTAKE, but ... he might be able to squeak around it.

just noodlin'... but I think if MOM acts quickly, there might be a way to salvage ...

Right ! Denial doesn't mean they don't know the truth. :rocker:
Right, and add to that list co-dependent.
at the bond hearing GZ's dad made that blanket statement that "George has always been honest." IMO, Totally NOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg