17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
From HLN this morning...

Trayvon Martin's family wants Zimmerman's his bail revoked. One of his attorneys says that Zimmerman had the responsibility to correct his attorney.

"We are emphatically saying this his silence was an indication of untruth. When he heard the testimony that he had no money, that he had no money raised in this website, he knew. Whether he communicated that to his attorney, whether his attorney solicited that information from him or not, he knew what the crux of the matter was at that bond hearing and he, like his apology, was insincere in his silence as well as what he said to the court."

I was thinking about that this morning wondering if the judge would revoke his bail. If what O'Mara says is true, and I tend to believe him, he said that Zimmerman was indigent based on what Zimmerman told him. Isn't that perjury on Zimmerman's part? I know in the FCA case the SA would argue that "Ms. Anthony stated in her motion" even though the motion was written by the attorney...it was filed on her behalf.

"Good Morning Your Honor. Before we start on THIS week's hearing, I need to tell you about a big ole lie you were told at LAST week's hearing"

Why is it Mr. Taaffe knows more about what is going on with GZ's finances than his attorney????

As I start my day, I hope it's a lucky one. Maybe I'll find $200,000 I didn't know I had.

"Good Morning Your Honor. Before we start on THIS week's hearing, I need to tell you about a big ole lie you were told at LAST week's hearing"

I am beginning to think that 'the truth and Mr. Zimmerman are strangers'. (credit to Judge Stan Strickland for using that to describe Ms Casey
Anthony)

I've tried witholding my opinion and keep an open mind about GZ but this is just ridiculous. Even if MOM didn't know about the money, GZ sure did. And he just sat silent about it during the bond hearing!

I am looking forward to the hearing this morning.

MOO

wm

JMO/IMO
Might be interesting...
I watched the bond hearing, and the whole charade of everyone knows nothing about the obvious elephant in the room was just silly to me.
The REASON that GZ's website was set up was to solicit cash donations.

We couldn't see those that were testifiying over the phone under "oath". I kinda think it's possible at least one or two of them had their fingers crossed behind their backs while they were carefully choosing their words. :wink:

It was a reminder.

Moving on.

I respond to posts as I read through the thread. Again, if you want to report any of my posts, that's fine. If you've read the thread since that post, you'll see I made no more mention of it. Coming back the next day to bring it up again seems kinda rude to me.

O'Mara knew about this website, the paypal, etc. It was discussed last Friday in the bond hearing. He can attempt to lie his way out of this but there's too much proof out there stating otherwise. Again, I have to use Jeff Ashton's famous word to describe O'Mara - smarmy. I think what's happened is appalling not only on the part of Zimmerman but also on the part of O'Mara. Apparently, there is no boundary that he isn't afraid to cross from lying about the money, to throwing out a minor's name in the middle of court, and forcing his client's "apology" down the throats of the Martin family. It's utterly repulsive.

and yes, the attorneys for Trayvon's family are asking that Zimmerman's bond be revoked which I think is more than appropriate. Zimmerman is not above the law no matter how much he thinks he is. At the very least, he should be made to attend this hearing today so that he can get on the stand and explain why he felt the need to lie and withhold information. If this type of behavior isn't nipped in the bud right now, there's no telling what is going to happen as we travel down the long road to justice.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Ma...-back-in-jail/-/1637132/12036292/-/mp6i2lz/-/

I respond to posts as I read through the thread. Again, if you want to report any of my posts, that's fine. If you've read the thread since that post, you'll see I made no more mention of it. Coming back the next day to bring it up again seems kinda rude to me.

That may be my fault. I did not see the warning and mentioned it in my post. I just took it as a reminder. Sometimes we do miss those warnings and I'd hate to have to be on vacation unless it was a real one. lol

I am beginning to think that 'the truth and Mr. Zimmerman are strangers'. (credit to Judge Stan Strickland for using that to describe Ms Casey
Anthony)

I've tried witholding my opinion and keep an open mind about GZ but this is just ridiculous. Even if MOM didn't know about the money, GZ sure did. And he just sat silent about it during the bond hearing!

I am looking forward to the hearing this morning.

MOO

wm
JMO/IMO
Good points.
May I add that GZ sat silent except for his unwelcome "apology". That whole hearing has proved to be a joke on the court.
I am hoping the judge doesn't find any of it amusing.

JMO/IMO
Good points.
May I add that GZ sat silent except for his unwelcome "apology". That whole hearing has proved to be a joke on the court.

I hope he does to Zimmerman what he's done to at least 3 other defendants who dared to show up late in his courtroom and that's throw their rear in jail.

~jmo~

JMO/IMO
Good points.

I would think the judge would be upset to think he was at the bottom of MOM's "to do" list after MOM appearing on TV to release this information. jmo

I would think the judge would be upset to think he was at the bottom of MOM's "to do" list after MOM appearing on TV to release this information. jmo
JMO/IMO
No kidding!
That just boggled my mind. Why in the world would MOM think keeping the record straight on Anderson Cooper's show is his #1 priority? Can anyone elighten me?

Are we going to be asked to believe that all this money accumulated since the bond hearing? Or are we going to be asked to believe it had accumulated BEFORE the hearing, but GZ, his attorney and his family members had absolutely no knowledge of it?

I know this.

Hence the reminder instead of an alert.

Understood, may we move along?

*sending around a plate of yummy donuts and pot of hot coffee*

It may be virtual, but the sincere good morning wishes to all are the same.

I didn't bring it up the next day.

Look, it was a friendly reminder. It was not meant to be rude.

I didn't want to alert the post, that's my point.

I'm having a hard time figuring out how a friendly, not rude, not snarky reminder is such a bad thing.

I've already explained that.

Perhaps if it came from someone else it would have been better received.

Are we going to be asked to believe that all this money accumulated since the bond hearing? Or are we going to be asked to believe it had accumulated BEFORE the hearing, but GZ, his attorney and his family members had absolutely no knowledge of it?

I think we're completely off the track here, thinking about where the magical mystery money came from and who knew about it. What we are supposed to think is that if so many people are willing to donate good money to get GZ off the hook it must mean that he is innocent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peacebranch