17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question is WHY didn't they?

The state did not call the family as witnesses, defense did. The judge determined this was a standard case nothing any different than any other case of this kind and bail was appropriate. The family was called on by defense to prove he had no money. It was up to them to disclose money was available. There was obviously some game playing here. The state had no way of knowing who knew what and expected that MOM had done his due diligence which he did not, obviously by his "licking of the wounds" demeanor before the judge. If anyone should have know about the money it would be RZ, Sr. he was about to put his house up. jmo

Excellent post, LambChop...truly hits the core...and just to add to it, GZ's preoccupied obsession with this is also due to his own personal property being stolen.

It's a personal affair for him, which is why this fateful night, he did not back down when told to...he was adamant and determined to not let another get away...That exicted utterance will be hard to explain away..goes to his motive, his state of mind at the time of this murder...then to add insult to injury if the allegation is true of GZ lunging on the back of TM to ensure he wouldn't get up and run away...didn't know he was injured, nevermind fatally injured, it goes to that depraved mind...I just hope this will be uncovered at the trial..TM would be alive today, if not for GZ....:maddening:

The state did not call the family as witnesses, defense did. The judge determined this was a standard case nothing any different than any other case of this kind and bail was appropriate. The family was called on by defense to prove he had no money. It was up to them to disclose money was available. There was obviously some game playing here. The state had no way of knowing who knew what and expected that MOM had done his due diligence which he did not, obviously by his "licking of the wounds" demeanor before the judge. If anyone should have know about the money it would be RZ, Sr. he was about to put his house up. jmo

But when SZ testified and was asked about that website, she said she had nothing to do with it that her BIL, RZJr, was monitoring it...Then the state asked if he's there if they wanted to question him, she said yes but then nothing came of it...The state didn't get the one who is alleged to be monitoring this website on the record...the state should have probed more about the donations that came in...

And in one swift moment, MOM said $50,000 had already been used...talk about fast cash......:banghead:

But when the State asked SZ if RZ Jr could be reached she said yes and the state just dropped it.
Why didn't they push to talk to him?

Several talking heads have brought this point up too and they think the state dropped the ball. They think the state SHOULD have tried to talk to RZ Jr and just didn't.

JMO

But when SZ testified and was asked about that website, she said she had nothing to do with it that her BIL, RZJr, was monitoring it...Then the state asked if he's there if they wanted to question him, she said yes but then nothing came of it...The state didn't get the one who is alleged to be monitoring this website on the record...the state should have probed more about the donations that came in...

And in one swift moment, MOM said $50,000 had already been used...talk about fast cash......:banghead:

When asked if RZJr was there SZ said no but she could try to call him. Since he was not there he could not be sworn in by the notary public so it would have done the State no good to tell her to go ahead and call him.

Diligent: an earnest attempt. Obsession: a compulsive preoccupation with a fixed idea often from an unreasonable emotion. Obsession fits GZ with his unreasonable conclusions that a person walking down the street he did not recognize was up to no good. Diligence would be an earnest attempt to keep the boys from getting hurt, or from hurting someone else. Big difference.

I think in GZ's case the gun became an issue once it was exposed and TM feared for his life and GZ felt TM might use the gun on him had TM been able to get ahold of it. I feel because of the gun GZ felt confident to follow TM and try to detain him until LE arrived. Why else would he follow him? GZ did something he never should have done. He got out of his car. Because he had the gun common sense should have told him an altercation could result in him losing control of the gun and become his own victim. His only responsibility that night was to wait for LE and not to take the matter into his own hands.

GZ has a problem with authority figures and he thinks he is capable of handling his own fate. Clearly what we have seen the last month makes that all too obvious. He sticks his neck out way too far and then blames someone else when he hits that brick wall. Carrying a gun requires more responsibility on the part of the person carrying the weapon than someone who is not. A lot more, and anyone who owns a gun and disagrees with this is a very dangerous person, indeed. jmo

Knowing the history of robberies in that area, I don't think Zimmerman's suspicions about a male, walking in the rain at night, was unreasonable. IMO

Excellent post, LambChop...truly hits the core...and just to add to it, GZ's preoccupied obsession with this is also due to his own personal property being stolen.

It's a personal affair for him, which is why this fateful night, he did not back down when told to...he was adamant and determined to not let another get away...That exicted utterance will be hard to explain away..goes to his motive, his state of mind at the time of this murder...then to add insult to injury if the allegation is true of GZ lunging on the back of TM to ensure he wouldn't get up and run away...didn't know he was injured, nevermind fatally injured, it goes to that depraved mind...I just hope this will be uncovered at the trial..TM would be alive today, if not for GZ....:maddening:

I had two home robberies in my life.....both from young boys (white, actually). My husband was ex-LE and he would have never thought, had he caught them red-handed to go after them with a gun. Never. What they got away with were material objects, nothing that could not have been replaced. A life is not worth taking over a material object and GZ had no proof that any such crime occurred. GZ took this young man's life into his own hands and did not think twice about snuffing it out. This is a dangerous person. If he gets off he will do it again, only next time his story will make more sense because he will know how to tell it convincingly. jmo

When asked if RZJr was there SZ said no but she could try to call him. Since he was not there he could not be sworn in by the notary public so it would have done the State no good to tell her to go ahead and call him.

Try an call him? Why didn't she?

The court should have asked for all of his family to be there, just in case they were needed...

The court should have asked for all of his family to be there, just in case they were needed...

This was a standard bail hearing, usually the prosecution does not present any witnesses at all. The defense should have made sure all the family was there but surprise, the "one" person they "claim" had the only knowledge of the funds wasn't there.

Yup. And my question is why wasn't he there?? He was available to appear on several shows in order to defend his brother, why not at the hearing? He wasn't there for a specific reason and that's so he couldn't be questioned about the funds in the account, IMO. This family knows how to play the game. But it will catch up with them and I hope they're all prosecuted in the end as the article above suggests they should.

IMO

Knowing the history of robberies in that area, I don't think Zimmerman's suspicions about a male, walking in the rain at night, was unreasonable. IMO

Walking down a street does not mean you are up to no good. TM was walking because he had no car. How do you steal a TV or other electronic equipment and walk to the back gate without someone seeing you? People walk all the time. There were two other people out at that very same time. John and the boy walking his dog. Why was TM suspicious.....because he was walking back from the store? GZ had every right to call LE and report TM. His rights stopped when he got out of his car with a gun and followed TM. That's the unreasonable part. He knew to stay with the car and he ignored his training in the NWP and ignored directions from LE. That was extremely unreasonable considering what the end results came to be. He was acting in an unreasonable manner and without the regard and safety of others. That is why he is facing charges today. jmo

I agree with you that some of it needs to go on the state. Wife testified under oath that RZjr knew about the site, knew about the accounts. And nothing was followed up on that. I think the state even realizes this, hence why they didn't seem to pushing hard at the judge IMO to raise bail (he kind of said it matter of factly IMO).

Even if he raises his bond, I still think it's a non-issue in the long run.

Ahhhh, all the family members called in so NYC would not have been a problem. jmo

Who's responsible for that though. The witnesses were called to do character testimony for GZ and to ask if they would pay his bail, it wasn't a hearing on who was running the website. If the state believed he had more money than he was saying, wouldn't it be their job to probe into that?

It was not up to the state to call anyone in Zimmerman's family for verification of his funds. That burden is solely on the defense as they are the ones requesting the bond. There was absolutely NOTHING the state could have done about it. If there is blame here, it needs to be solely on the shoulders of O'Mara and Zimmerman for deceiving and lying in the midst of a bond hearing. I hope when the judge realizes that those funds were available on the day of the bond hearing that he will revoke Zimmerman's bond and round up the rest of the family and put them right in the jail with him. These people think they are above the law hence the reason we have a kid who was shot dead in cold blood.

~jmo~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member