17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you that some of it needs to go on the state. Wife testified under oath that RZjr knew about the site, knew about the accounts. And nothing was followed up on that. I think the state even realizes this, hence why they didn't seem to pushing hard at the judge IMO to raise bail (he kind of said it matter of factly IMO).

Even if he raises his bond, I still think it's a non-issue in the long run.

It should be an issue because they committed a crime because there were 4 of them right there that knew about the money and every one of them denied it. That would include the wife, the father, the "alleged" murderer, and the alleged murderer's attorney.

~jmo~

It was not up to the state to call anyone in Zimmerman's family for verification of his funds. That burden is solely on the defense as they are the ones requesting the bond. There was absolutely NOTHING the state could have done about it. If there is blame here, it needs to be solely on the shoulders of O'Mara and Zimmerman for deceiving and lying in the midst of a bond hearing. I hope when the judge realizes that those funds were available on the day of the bond hearing that he will revoke Zimmerman's bond and round up the rest of the family and put them right in the jail with him. These people think they are above the law hence the reason we have a kid who was shot dead in cold blood.

~jmo~

I don't think there is any chance his bond will be revoked.

It should be an issue because they committed a crime because there were 4 of them right there that knew about the money and every one of them denied it. That would include the wife, the father, the "alleged" murderer, and the alleged murderer's attorney.

~jmo~

And how has the state proved that to this point?

I don't think there is any chance his bond will be revoked.

I'd say there was a chance since there is a specific law in the state of Florida to prevent things like this from happening. So Zimmerman should have "special rules" applied only to him?

~jmo~

I'd say there was a chance since there is a specific law in the state of Florida to prevent things like this from happening. So Zimmerman should have "special rules" applied only to him?

~jmo~

Your opinion, I'm going off what the judge was saying as well as what was requested by the state.

I find it very ironic that just days before O'Mara took GZ's case he had this to say about the other two "former" GZ attorney's hour long news cast.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/12/11163332-zimmermans-new-attorney-who-is-mark-omara?lite

On Tuesday night, after Zimmerman’s former attorneys said they were no longer representing him, O’Mara said on WKMG that he was “surprised that two attorneys who were no longer counsel talked for an hour about a case that they’re no longer involved in.

“I think that was a little problematic. You’re not supposed to talk about a client’s case, for the most part at all, and yet they answered dozens of questions,” he said in remarks reported by the Orlando Sentinel.

When asked by an anchor if that could be detrimental to the case put forward by Zimmerman’s eventual lawyer, he responded: “Very potentially. If George Zimmerman came to me tomorrow and said, ‘I want you to represent me,’ I would look at the press conference and say, ‘Mr. Uhrig identified a potential defense. He outlined the facts of what happened, and he cemented what George Zimmerman can now say.’ And that’s problematic if other evidence comes out that conflicts with it.”

The wife says they could probably get RZ on the phone. Not much they could do, RZ would have needed to be set up with a notary to be able to testify on the phone.

It starts around 6:55 with the wife testifying about the website.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7Rcanus4Oo"]George Zimmerman's Bond Hearing: Wife Testifies. - YouTube[/ame]

The wife also says something about not knowing because she hasn't been with her husband? Ok, don't they have phones, email, is she saying they had no contact, she didn't know that 50K had already been spent, she had no contact with her BIL during that time?

I think the family pulled a fast one, I do think they'll get away with it though. I don't think much is going to come from it, MOM has already covered their tracks. Gee whiz, I'll be the stand up guy and throw myself on the mercy of the court for this oversight that no one could have possibly known about (sarcasm)

One thing I'm wondering though, when the court gets the paypal records, are they able to call a hearing to put RZ under oath, or is it just not worth it?

JMHO

But when the State asked SZ if RZ Jr could be reached she said yes and the state just dropped it.
Why didn't they push to talk to him?

Several talking heads have brought this point up too and they think the state dropped the ball. They think the state SHOULD have tried to talk to RZ Jr and just didn't.

JMO

Try an call him? Why didn't she?

The court should have asked for all of his family to be there, just in case they were needed...

Surely no one thinks it was an accident Robert Jr wasn't there. It's at least possible that the State didn't want him there either, at that point. Ever heard the old saying "Give em enough rope and they'll hang themselves"?

I snipped out the website portion for the testimony of George's wife:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iaq2QsLzVXM"]Bond Hearing Snip - YouTube[/ame]

His father's testimony professed equal ignorance of website money:

Beginning at the [46:20] mark:

DE LA RIONDA: Are you aware that a website has been created for your son?

R. Zimmerman: Yes.

DE LA RIONDA: Are you involved in that at all?

R. Zimmerman: No I'm not.

DE LA RIONDA: Are you aware of how much money has been collected?

R. Zimmerman: I have no idea.

DE LA RIONDA: To your knowledge, who's in charge of that program or website?

R. Zimmerman: I'm really.........I'm not sure.

DE LA RIONDA: So you have no idea where the money's going, or where it's being deposited, etc.?

R. Zimmerman: I have no idea if there's any money, how much money, or who has access to it.

http://www.wral.com/news/video/11004815/#/vid11004815

I can't help but wonder what song this family will be singing once the court ordered full disclosure of these funds has been made. I can't help but wonder if their song will be the same once their bank records have been subpoenaed?

How likely is it that George spent $54,000.00 of these donated funds in thirty days without the knowledge, cooperation, or participation of these two witnesses?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but 903.035(3) does say ANY PERSON, doesn't it?

903.035 Applications for bail; information provided; hearing on application for modification; penalty for providing false or misleading information or omitting material information.—

(1)(a) All information provided by a defendant, in connection with any application for or attempt to secure bail, to any court, court personnel, or individual soliciting or recording such information for the purpose of evaluating eligibility for, or securing, bail for the defendant, under circumstances such that the defendant knew or should have known that the information was to be used in connection with an application for bail, shall be accurate, truthful, and complete without omissions to the best knowledge of the defendant.

(b) The failure to comply with the provisions of paragraph (a) may result in the revocation or modification of bail.

(2) An application for modification of bail on any felony charge must be heard by a court in person, at a hearing with the defendant present, and with at least 3 hours’ notice to the state attorney.

(3) Any person who intentionally provides false or misleading material information or intentionally omits material information in connection with an application for bail or for modification of bail is guilty of a misdemeanor or felony which is one degree less than that of the crime charged for which bail is sought, but which in no event is greater than a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083

http://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2011/903.035

Give the State a chance. You never know what could come out of this can of worms.

Who's responsible for that though. The witnesses were called to do character testimony for GZ and to ask if they would pay his bail, it wasn't a hearing on who was running the website. If the state believed he had more money than he was saying, wouldn't it be their job to probe into that?

MOM. It ends with him. He admits discussing bail with the parents and GZ's wife. He called them to testify. They all knew about the account and claim no one was aware there was that amount of money in the account. The State had no access to that account and had no responsibility at the hearing other than for the family to disclose what they could finanically afford. They claimed there was no money. Only they would have had the ability to have that information at that time. They were under oath and obviously were playing word games with the court. I would think the judge would not be liking this at all. It makes it look as if MOM has no control over this family and RZ, Sr. will do as he pleases, further confirming he uses the system to his own advantage. RZ, Sr. knew better than to not have checked out this account, he tried to set up the original one for GZ. Not as if he was not aware. The fact that RZ, Jr. was obviously absent from their family testimonies stands out like a sore thumb. MOM had to have know who was controlling that account while GZ was in jail. Yet RZ, Jr. was not called to testify. I think this is pretty obvious to everyone who is to blame for this misstep. It all comes back to MOM. Notice no smirky smile on MOM's face at that hearing. I thought he had higher standards. I'm so disappointed. jmo

Surely no one thinks it was an accident Robert Jr wasn't there. It's at least possible that the State didn't want him there either, at that point. Ever heard the old saying "Give em enough rope and they'll hang themselves"?

I snipped out the website portion for the testimony of George's wife:

Bond Hearing Snip - YouTube

His father's testimony professed equal ignorance of website money:

I can't help but wonder what song this family will be singing once the court ordered full disclosure of these funds has been made. I can't help but wonder if their song will be the same once their bank records have been subpoenaed?

How likely is it that George spent $54,000.00 of these donated funds in thirty days without the knowledge, cooperation, or participation of these two witnesses?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but 903.035(3) does say ANY PERSON, doesn't it?

Give the State a chance. You never know what could come out of this can of worms.
Another EXCELLENT post Concerned Papa! :clap:

I find it very ironic that just days before O'Mara took GZ's case he had this to say about the other two "former" GZ attorney's hour long news cast.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/12/11163332-zimmermans-new-attorney-who-is-mark-omara?lite

On Tuesday night, after Zimmerman’s former attorneys said they were no longer representing him, O’Mara said on WKMG that he was “surprised that two attorneys who were no longer counsel talked for an hour about a case that they’re no longer involved in.

“I think that was a little problematic. You’re not supposed to talk about a client’s case, for the most part at all, and yet they answered dozens of questions,” he said in remarks reported by the Orlando Sentinel.

When asked by an anchor if that could be detrimental to the case put forward by Zimmerman’s eventual lawyer, he responded: “Very potentially. If George Zimmerman came to me tomorrow and said, ‘I want you to represent me,’ I would look at the press conference and say, ‘Mr. Uhrig identified a potential defense. He outlined the facts of what happened, and he cemented what George Zimmerman can now say.’ And that’s problematic if other evidence comes out that conflicts with it.”

but those two attorneys who stepped up for GZ has never met him personally...I believe they were running interference for GZ...nothing from nothing but MOM is now doing the same...

I am still looking for the clip of RZjr, where he said something like-

"George always tells the truth to his family" It was an odd phrasing that caught my ear. As if he GZ tells lies to others, but comes clean to his family. I don't know why that bugs me, but it does.

Nevermind me just wondering if anyone else caught that? :)

I am still looking for the clip of RZjr, where he said something like-

"George always tells the truth to his family" It was an odd phrasing that caught my ear. As if he GZ tells lies to others, but comes clean to his family. I don't know why that bugs me, but it does.

Nevermind me just wondering if anyone else caught that? :)

No, you heard right. lol Words RZ,jr. may regret saying. RZjr. said something to the effect that GZ was the more honest of the two. So where does that leave RZjr? :waitasec::waitasec: jmo

If you misheard, then so did I. I remember him saying that.

I just thought it was odd. My brother always tells the truth to his family. ?

Had a friend who told her daughters when they lied to her a dot would show up on the top their foreheads. LOL Worked for years. Little gals would always think before they spoke. ;)

No, you heard right. lol Words RZ,jr. may regret saying. RZjr. said something to the effect that GZ was the more honest of the two. So where does that leave RZjr? :waitasec::waitasec: jmo

To me it says that GZ is a more upstanding son then RZ, and RZ may very well know that. I am one of 5 siblings and all 5 knew exactly where we stood with our parents. jmo

MORGAN: Has George ever lied to you?

ZIMMERMAN: Not to my knowledge, no.

MORGAN: He's always been completely, 100 percent honest?

ZIMMERMAN: He's -- he would be the more honest of the two. The most honest brother. I would say. He's very straight and narrow. And you know, very helpful guy. Very concerned with his neighbor and the truth.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1203/29/pmt.01.html

Not too honest to deceive and mislead in a bond hearing, I'm happy to note.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea