AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many kids go missing from their bed that are found alive? Just curious.

only one I know of Kienan Hebert. The perp returned him days later to his living room under the noses of everyone after the parents made a plea with suggestions from LE.

..respectfully, A perp who knew the dogs bark all the time anyways so it wouldnt scare the family, but weren't attack dogs?

My husky howl-talks at everything. I do not check on my kids when she howls at night, because she howls at wind, cats outside, neighbors coming in late, AIRPLANES... all this she hears from the living room.

It's still quite risky to break into a house with 3 dogs. Moreso, imo, if the perp knew they would bark! The perp wouldn't know if the family would ignore them. My dog barks outside a lot, but if she barks in the middle of the night, it would scare me to death. All it would take is one person coming to see what the dogs were barking at and the perp's plan is foiled. Risky.

And no, we don't know that they didn't bark nor do we know that if they did, they were ignored. Logic tells me if they did bark and were checked on, Isa either wouldn't be missing or would've been reported missing way earlier.

I couldn't agree more with this. This pretty much echos all my thoughts.

I would also like to add that I genuinely feel this is going to be the work of a sexual predator. :(

Sadly, I must agree with you.

We have seen what the motive was when innocent children like Isa are taken from their own bedroom in the middle of the night.

There isnt but one motive why someone would do something so cruel and inhumane.

Imo, I agree, another predator has struck again, and destroyed another child's life and the life of their family.

How many kids go missing from their bed that are found alive? Just curious.

Elizabeth Smart comes to mind. I can't think of any others off the top of my head. I'm trying to keep hopeful for a miracle for Isa, but it's hard to keep the faith after so much time has passed. :(

only one I know of Kienan Hebert. The perp returned him days later to his living room under the noses of everyone after the parents made a plea with suggestions from LE.

The odds are against Isa and that breaks my heart.

I am like you.........I have seen it only happen one time the entire time I have read about abducted missing children starting with Charles Linberg when his child was kidnapped and murdered.

Imo, he is not going to bring Isa back to her family. It has become more about him trying to avoid detection and arrest.

imo

It's still quite risky to break into a house with 3 dogs. Moreso, imo, if the perp knew they would bark! The perp wouldn't know if the family would ignore them. My dog barks outside a lot, but if she barks in the middle of the night, it would scare me to death. All it would take is one person coming to see what the dogs were barking at and the perp's plan is foiled. Risky.

And no, we don't know that they didn't bark nor do we know that if they did, they were ignored. Logic tells me if they did bark and were checked on, Isa either wouldn't be missing or would've been reported missing way earlier.

And we have seen time and time again that these type of predators are more than willing to take those risks in order to obtain what they want.

IMO

I couldn't agree more with this. This pretty much echos all my thoughts.

I would also like to add that I genuinely feel this is going to be the work of a sexual predator. :(

I agree and don't think the parents would have done anything to her or assisted anyone willingly. If we ever find out what happened, and I sure hope we do, I think we will find some small connection with the family (neighbor, landscaper, trash man, etc.) that will make all of us say, "oooooh, okay, now I see." Like Steve Jobs would say, "You can always connect the dots going backwards."

I do hope they find her soon though and give the parents closure. I could never imagine. I see what Etan Patz's parents have been through and I'm not sure I could have gone on anymore.

Wow, thank you! I had missed this one:woohoo:

And we have seen time and time again that these type of predators are more than willing to take those risks in order to obtain what they want.

IMO

Sexual predators (whether they are "outed" RSO's or not) are brazen and bold. I can name dozens of cases where the perp was just outright bold enough to take a child, regardless of the circumstances surrounding the child, because he/she wanted to.

Sadly, time may never tell a thing:

:star:Kyron Horman, Haleigh Cummings, Hailey Dunn, Etan Patz, Hassani Campbell, Aliayah Lunsford, Sky Metalwala,:rose:
...Celina Cass, Holly Bobo, Kathryn Markham, Jhessye Shockley, Ayla Reynolds
Baby Lisa Irwin, Rachel Cooke,Adji Desir, Joshua Davis, Sierra Lamar...:star::rose:
Britanee Drexel, Michelle Parker, Lauren Schneider....:star:

Since I followed the case intently for five years, I would also include Natalee Holloway in the list. NH was declared deceased by a judge last fall, but we will likely never know exactly what happened to Natalee or who is responsible for her disappearance :(

Sexual predators (whether they are "outed" RSO's or not) are brazen and bold. I can name dozens of cases where the perp was just outright bold enough to take a child, regardless of the circumstances surrounding the child, because he/she wanted to.

Remember how brazen Polly Klaas' abductor was. Entering a house where parents are sleeping and the targeted victim is surrounded by friends there for a sleepover, didn't care one bit that the girls looked right at him!

These people do not think the same way the rest of us do. They are driven, and they often stop at nothing to get what they are after.

And to clarify, I was not saying otherwise. Just hypothesizing that IF the dogs did not bark that night, what that could indicate.

Unfortunately history has told us that even with dogs in the house, a stranger can enter and leave with the child with no one noticing. History has also told us that someone familiar with the family can do the same.

Additionally, we are hearing more and more about trusted individuals - priests, ministers, teachers, coaches, mentors, etc. - who are preying on youngsters.

Didn't the family have a dog too?

Remember how brazen Polly Klaas' abductor was. Entering a house where parents are sleeping and the targeted victim is surrounded by friends there for a sleepover, didn't care one bit that the girls looked right at him!

These people do not think the same way the rest of us do. They are driven, and they often stop at nothing to get what they are after.

I remember years ago, a man broke into my sister's best friends bedroom window in the middle of the night and tried to attack her. She was nine. He was not known to the family but had been watching her. Luckily her screaming woke up her dad and he was able to hold him until LE arrived.
Very scary. And I almost forgot, they had a German Shepard.

It is true, these types of predators do not have the same boundaries you or I would. They live in a different world. What I wonder is why it seems to happen so much more in the US than in Europe. Is it less reported? This should give everyone a pause for thought. I thought about this a lot yesterday. I live in Hamburg, Germany, transplant from San Diego. I had to have my washing machine fixed yesterday and this guy was in my house with my 4 year old and I for a good part of the morning. He was friendly, he knows somewhat my story of how I ended up here and I wasn't at all thinking this guy would come back or accost me or anything. My daughter goes to the bathroom alone in a restaurant (within reason) and I do not worry about it and I remember the paranoid world I lived in there. There are reasons I don't care for living here but when I think about my daughter, I have to wonder if I would take her back there when she's small.

Your comments are welcome. I can take it!:truce:

I just wish we knew if there was any evidence of a ransom note or demands. It just doesn't make sense for the dad to reference that sort of thing out of the blue.

I honestly believe the parents have some involvement in this. If a ransom note really was found, it could be a big red herring set up by the family...

Or if I am wrong, and Isa was kidnapped, a ransom note might indicate some sort of retaliatory thing, like drug debt (yes I KNOW the parents have no history of drug dealing, but since dad threw this "demands" thing out there, it's open for speculation IMO)

And finally, if this really IS the work of some sexual predator, and there really WAS a note left or demand made, then the perp would have done so in an attempt to throw off LE, and that doesn't seem very likely, IMHO.

Of course, there probably is no note or demand anyway, which makes dad's comments about that even hinkier.

Just trying to sort this out.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Additionally, we are hearing more and more about trusted individuals - priests, ministers, teachers, coaches, mentors, etc. - who are preying on youngsters.

Thats true but usually that kind of pedophile doesnt kidnap the victim from their bedroom in the middle of the night.

imo

I just wish we knew if there was any evidence of a ransom note or demands. It just doesn't make sense for the dad to reference that sort of thing out of the blue.

I honestly believe the parents have some involvement in this. If a ransom note really was found, it could be a big red herring set up by the family...

Or if I am wrong, and Isa was kidnapped, a ransom note might indicate some sort of retaliatory thing, like drug debt (yes I KNOW the parents have no history of drug dealing, but since dad threw this "demands" thing out there, it's open for speculation IMO)

And finally, if this really IS the work of some sexual predator, and there really WAS a note left or demand made, then the perp would have done so in an attempt to throw off LE, and that doesn't seem very likely, IMHO.

Of course, there probably is no note or demand anyway, which makes dad's comments about that even hinkier.

I think this is a language thing. The Spanish version of 'tell us your demands" is more heard as " tell us what you want", while in English it seems like almost "name your price". If he thinks in Spanish, and if he thinks anything at all like I think, he is meaning " tell us what you want from us, money, for us to meet you on the corner of so and so, just tell us what you want us to do because we will do anything anything anything"

When I heard him say that I thought he was saying it out of desperation-like they will do ANYTHING-just bring her back. Probably because I am so unaccustomed to 'for ransom' kidnappings here, IDK but that was the feeling I got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekmtl