Trial Thread, May 1, 2012 Defense begins it case in chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
i do believe he will take the stand and today the defence will lay out their version of events. good moring everyone also

Good morning all here, it will be another emotional day.

Allison Jones ‏ @allisonjones_cp
#Rafferty defence to open case today. Will he take the stand? http://bit.ly/JmVqj8

Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
Increased media presence at #Rafferty trial today in anticipation of Defence arguments beginning #sl

Avery Moore ‏ @AveryFreeFMNews
Today the judge will ask Michael #Rafferty's lawyer Dirk Derstine if he has anything to present. Will have to wait til 10am to find out.

Just because he goes on the stand today doesn't mean he is innocent. It could mean a whole bunch other different things but that wouldn't be my first thought.

I wasn't referring to his appearance on the stand as representing him being innocent, quite the contrary. It would actually show his extreme narcissism in my opinion. Maybe actually believes he can BS his way out of this with a majority female jury. I just wanted to put in my two cents of what I want the Crown to ask him. LOL

MOO

Good morning everybody. And finally this day has arrived!!!
I am so nervous so full of questions and so full of hope.
My thought:
If I would be innocent I would take the stand. I could never leave it up to my lawyers work if I have to spent the next 22 years in prison or not....I would probably die in the prisoner box.

Linda Nguyen ‏ @LindaNguyenPN
At the Michael #Rafferty trial today for the 1st day of the defence's case. There are already more than 20 reporters here #ToriStafford

At 21:56 on this video http://www.cbc.ca/connect/new_video.html?ID=2229184440 Mark Kelley of CBC discusses the Michael Rafferty Trial--There is a defense lawyer from L.A. speaking about this case also.

thank you for the link, it was very interesting. I agree with the lawyer 100%. I do believe some of the evidence is he said/ she said and that it comes down at least to me the forensics as we stand right now( before defence side) .

MR needs to take the stand in my eyes, he needs to be able to look those jurors in the eyes and explain the days leading up to Tori's abduction, her murder and the days following.

His side of the story is very much needed, up to now, we have not heard his side. If he doesn't take the stand his credibility is now going to be based on his ex's and tlm version. Him not defending himself in a case like this would speak volumes.

Good-morning.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 430353_10150596834508321_260737528320_9104477_1649632251_n.jpg
    430353_10150596834508321_260737528320_9104477_1649632251_n.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 93
lzilkeglobal ‏ @lzilkeglobal
Spectators are back crowding the line outside courtroom waiting for #Rafferty trial... Will the accused take the stand? @globalnewsto

Good morning everybody. And finally this day has arrived!!!
I am so nervous so full of questions and so full of hope.
My thought:
If I would be innocent I would take the stand. I could never leave it up to my lawyers work if I have to spent the next 22 years in prison or not....I would probably die in the prisoner box.

Good morning Yody04.

If I were innocent, I would have told whatever story we're going to hear from either the defendent or his attorney 3 years ago. And I would have told it to LE so that they could get the evidence to prove my innocence. The fact that he didn't and has sat in jail for 3 years instead pretty much sums up for me how much of this story is going to be truthful.

MOO

lzilkeglobal ‏ @lzilkeglobal
Spectators are back crowding the line outside courtroom waiting for #Rafferty trial... Will the accused take the stand? @globalnewsto

I have to go to the LFpress this week and was going to go today and swing by the court house to see how packed they were but decided against because I had a feeling it would be busy. I think i will wait till tomorrow to go especially since i want to know as soon as possible which way the defence was going with their case and if MR would take the stand.

trial day 30

Mike Knoll: good breakdown of the Crown's case by Randy Richmond:

The Crown's case against Michael Rafferty has relied heavily on the testimony of Terri-Lynne McClintic, a former girlfriend who confessed to her role in the April 8, 2009, kidnapping of eight-year-old Victoria (Tori) Stafford of Woodstock. The Crown called 61 witnesses and filed 185 exhibits to back up McClintic's story. Here's a breakdown of McClintic's version and the Crown's evidence, and some of what Rafferty's lawyers face as they prepare a defence.

full analysis here: http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/04/30/19699846.html

A must read breakdown by Randy Richmond. TLM Testimony vs. Crown Evidence:

9:22
spacer.gif
Mike Knoll:

good breakdown of the Crown's case by Randy Richmond:

The Crown's case against Michael Rafferty has relied heavily on the testimony of Terri-Lynne McClintic, a former girlfriend who confessed to her role in the April 8, 2009, kidnapping of eight-year-old Victoria (Tori) Stafford of Woodstock. The Crown called 61 witnesses and filed 185 exhibits to back up McClintic's story. Here's a breakdown of McClintic's version and the Crown's evidence, and some of what Rafferty's lawyers face as they prepare a defence.

full analysis here: http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/04/30/19699846.html

Tuesday May 1, 2012 9:22 Mike Knoll

9:24
Mike Knoll: @Mary - today the defence will be revealed.
9:24
Comment From Mary
Has there been an update on what is to be expected today?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member