Trial Thread, May 1, 2012 Defense begins it case in chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning Yody04.

If I were innocent, I would have told whatever story we're going to hear from either the defendent or his attorney 3 years ago. And I would have told it to LE so that they could get the evidence to prove my innocence. The fact that he didn't and has sat in jail for 3 years instead pretty much sums up for me how much of this story is going to be truthful.

MOO

I also believe i would take the stand in my own defence if I ever was brought to trial for anything. But then again, I would also want to take the advice of my lawyer who has been probably doing trials much longer then I and knows what would be in my best interests, so i could see someone not taking the stand when they are innocent. Its a hard call for anyone guilty or not, it can backfire against even the innocent and that would fear anyone.

I can also see someone protecting themselves (even though they are digging them selves into a bigger hole) by denying a crime they had committed or been involved in when questioned by the police.

I have personally only heard one side of this case and have left my verdict for the end of the case once the defence has told me their side. But if we were deciding the case on what we have heard up to this point, I would say there is a very good chance he will be found guilty. But the defence can turn this case on its head and we just dont know it yet.

Hmm I was going to head down today, but doesn't look as if there is much hope of getting in due to the increased amount of people. I am on pins and needles right now waiting for this to start this morning.

Justice for sweet Tori

Good morning everyone, I am already a little teary eyed. I wish that VS's family did not have to be subjected to this trial. I can not imagine how they will feel if he does take the stand today and try and charm the jury (he is a snake charmer except he is the snake too!). I still feel he will not take the stand. I believe if he does it may allow for the crown to bring up stuff that they were not allowed to before as it would besmirch his character.

If the defense does call him to the stand, can we anticipate that happening today or do you think he'll be on the stand tomorrow?

If the defense does call him to the stand, can we anticipate that happening today or do you think he'll be on the stand tomorrow?

My understanding is if Rafferty decides to take the stand, he has to be the first witness.

Nil Köksal ‏ @nilkoksalcbc
#Rafferty defence lawyer Dirk Derstine has just arrived w/o comment. Big day for his case, big decision ahead. #LDNont #ToriStafford #sl

I also believe i would take the stand in my own defence if I ever was brought to trial for anything. But then again, I would also want to take the advice of my lawyer who has been probably doing trials much longer then I and knows what would be in my best interests, so i could see someone not taking the stand when they are innocent. Its a hard call for anyone guilty or not, it can backfire against even the innocent and that would fear anyone.

I can also see someone protecting themselves (even though they are digging them selves into a bigger hole) by denying a crime they had committed or been involved in when questioned by the police.

I have personally only heard one side of this case and have left my verdict for the end of the case once the defence has told me their side. But if we were deciding the case on what we have heard up to this point, I would say there is a very good chance he will be found guilty. But the defence can turn this case on its head and we just dont know it yet.

Well the only side that I am listening to is Victoria's version. The evidence of her broken little half naked body found under a pile of rocks and her blood, mixed with sperm found on the frame of his car, right beside the missing seat where he assaulted her, transferred to the moulding when the door was closed is telling her story for her.

MOO

MOO

If he takes the stand and wears a purple shirt, I'll puke

My understanding is if Rafferty decides to take the stand, he has to be the first witness.

I know. Just speculating if time would permit for the defense to call any witness today.

Also on the edge of my chair here. It is a big day for Derstine and i have to say i am anticipating a very good Defense from him.

9:31
Mike Knoll:
@madkemist - yes, if he takes the stand, he will be first up.
fb_share2.png

Tuesday May 1, 2012 9:31 Mike Knoll

9:31
spacer.gif
[Comment From madkemist madkemist : ]
hi mike great coverage of the trial if rafferty takes the stand will he go first?

9:44
Mike Knoll:
@viv - there's room for public.
fb_share2.png

Tuesday May 1, 2012 9:44 Mike Knoll

9:44
spacer.gif
[Comment From viv viv : ]
Is the overflow room full today?

...hmm I am sitting here anxiously awaiting the defense to make their appearance and see if they will put MR on the stand ...I did not go to London court as I really want to KNOW their stragedy BEFORE I would take a TWO hour drive...I also feel I do not know if I could HANDLE seeing MR >>period...Just my own personal feelings ..IMO ....I hope my signature was changed as I TRIED editting it ...and I HOPE Rodney's quote TURNS out in ...purple as this is what today is all about ...TORI ...thanks for everyones support ...robynhood ..I shall try and help as I am turning on tweeter ...ugh 14 mind and they shall be appearing @ 10;00..Lets US all be STRONG TODAY for Tori's family ...RIP our angel ..JUStice shall be sevred...robynhood

9:47
RaffertyLFP:
About 20 spectators in overflow today - more than usual [via Twitter]
fb_share2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics