Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Websleuths - thoughts marks on hand also possibly attributed to somoneholding him and begging him not to leave a woman not fighting for her life but a desperate woman trying to hold on to a man that she loved and was to loose everything. There will be an arrest but it won't be gbc
I respect everyones opinion, but this read like a statement as you actually said there will be an arrest soon and it wonr be him.

Myabe if it was worded " i think there may be" or " it is possible" but when you make statements people assume you know something, others ahve clearly been confused by your post and thougth it was a fact based statement as well.

No issue with peoples thougths or opinions, just make it clear that it is actually not a statement.

My partner just told me i can read the messages here but he said i'm not allowed to put the blame on anyone. I sort of agree with him because i'm only going by the media reports and the comments on here. I wasn't there to see what happened or who did what so he is kind of right. Oh well i still have permision to read so that's a good thing.

Just trying to get my head round this....... My wife goes for a walk every morning and is usually back by 7am. I haven't seen her since 10pm the night before when she was watching tv. I get up in the morning and assume she has gone for her usual walk. She has not returned by 7.30 so I call the Police...

If I didn't know what time she left, I might think that maybe she left a little later, got chatting to some friends, had to take an urgent call and stop for a bit, helped someone in need and didnt think to call or dropped something on the path and went to return it. Yes, I would be worried. Yes, I probably would have called a couple of peopleshe knows. Yes, I may have asked a neighbour, friend, relative to mind the kids whilst I went her usual route to see if she had sprained an ankle. I certainly would have called her a thousand times!

However, I would have not jumped to calling the Police so quickly. After all I don't know what time she left for her walk. Why did GBC call the Police SO quickly?

No wonder they want the phone. I am sure they would like to see how many times he tried making contact during that 30 minutes.

if he is telling the truth, there would HAVE to be other signs that she hadn't been home or slept in her bed. Things that she did on a daily basis. If he's lying, its no wonder the cops were sus!

My partner just told me i can read the messages here but he said i'm not allowed to put the blame on anyone. I sort of agree with him because i'm only going by the media reports and the comments on here. I wasn't there to see what happened or who did what so he is kind of right. Oh well i still have permision to read so that's a good thing.
You have permission????

I respect everyones opinion, but this read like a statement as you actually said there will be an arrest soon and it wonr be him.

Myabe if it was worded " i think there may be" or " it is possible" but when you make statements people assume you know something, others ahve clearly been confused by your post and thougth it was a fact based statement as well.

No issue with peoples thougths or opinions, just make it clear that it is actually not a statement.

I'm sorry but I don't think I used the word statement - thought

your kidding right??? you need permission from your partner to read something???

:confused:

I don't need permission to read stuff but he doesn't want me saying who is to blame when i know nothing about it

It is obvious that there are two conflicting stories on when she was last seen....

What I am surprised about is that the press have not clarified this issue during the recent press conferences with QPS?

Or have I missed something and the question was asked?

A missing person is mssing after 24hrs they started the search immediately she wasn't a missing person she could have been being held against her will

The police clearly stated she was a missing person from day 1.

This was from April 20, the day she was reported missing.

"Missing person, Brookfield"

"Police are seeking public assistance to help locate missing 43-year-old woman, Allison Baden-Clay."

"Ms Baden-Clay was last seen at a residence on Brookfield Road at Brookfield around 10pm last night."

source: http://qpsmedia.govspace.gov.au/2012/04/20/missing-person-brookfield/ - Queensland Police Media Statement on the day she went missing.

The following day they released the same again

"Police are continuing to seek public assistance to help locate missing 43-year-old woman, Allison Baden-Clay."

"Police have established a command post at the Brookfield Showgrounds and are coordinating a search with SES personnel, the Mounted Unit, trail bikes and uniformed officers."

Maybe he is required to check in with police daily I wonder??

No, why would he have to check in with police daily?

He could have been there for a thousand reasons from the police wanting some more information, identifying something they found to having a coffee with the team investigating.

n a statement, his solicitor Darren Mahony said his client Gerard Baden-Clay went there “of his own accord” to to access photos of his late wife for her funeral.

“Mr Baden-Clay attended the Indooroopilly Police Station today,” Mr Mahony said in the statement.

“He did so of his own accord and to obtain copies of photos of Allison from the family computer for her funeral.”

Thanks for this Greg, I was just about to post it. Two things of interest here. One, GBC is preparing for Allison's funeral. Has it been indicated that her body will be released soon? I certainly hope that GBC is working with Allison's parents in preparation for her funeral.

Secondly, it would seem that the police still have GBC's computer.

The conversations with the officer/s occurred in close social situations, one of them a family gathering.

The point is: each person was told that when the police showed up for the first time at the Brookfield residence in response to that first "missing person" call, it was observed that GBC's torso was "covered in scratches". How they observed his torso I don't know - perhaps they asked him to reveal it as they may have noticed other marks on his body.

'GBC's torso was "covered in scratches" ........seems to indicate that he must have been at least semi-unclothed....as he told Police.....he went to bed at 10pm.

I'm sorry but I don't think I used the word statement - thought
Not to be picky but your last sentence was

" they will make an arrest soon and it wont be GBC"

It READS like a statement , I didnt say yus SAID it was a statement.

When I read that sentence, like others, it appears as though you know something as you ave said , this is what is going to happen, the words I think it might happen are not there, anyway, it has been cleared up now, it is not a fact or a statement, purely an opinion which is of course all fine on and dandy, just wanted to clarify as personally I was confused by your implication of that sentence alone

By mentioning that quote, I certainly wasn't suggesting her mum though Allison was capable of taking her own life. And she clearly does not believe that was the case.

it could also just mean Allison was proud and didn't want people to know she was unhappy within her marriage, regardless of any affairs or violence etc

My take is that if the police thought there was another male involved in her murder, they would have already made it clear to the public that the husband is NOT a person of interest, but they haven't. I don't think she had a "date" or similar.
No one has been named or not named as a person of interest (I think, I keep finding myself far behind on the latest updates it seems) we just assume he is because they wont exclude him

in light of the recent financial strain, could Allison have stumbled upon something extreme/illegal/involving other people as well as GBC? I am still on page 19 but read something that triggered this thought (going back to page 19 to continue reading!!!)

It was reported here on the 1st Phase of this thread that he resumed the affair, or it was still on. There was someone who did a few posts who seemed to be very close to Allisons circle of friends and she said that he had a 2 year affair, he told Allison he had ended it sometime last year, but recently, I think this year, she discovered he had not ended it. He either resumed it or never actually ended it. Not sure if it was still going when Allison went missing.

This person also said that GBC and Allison were having counselling, and they were given strategies by the counsellor including that they were supposed to have a discussion about things each evening.

As for Allison having an affair, I dont there is any basis for this. She was a very busy woman with 3 young girls, devoted to them and also having counselling to save her marriage. Going down that track - well not sure if it's helpful and could be upsetting to some. (altho I do understand if someone is already being cheated on and are lonely etc they may turn to this but I dont think so in this case but I could be wrong.)

Just a note to some of the newbies on here - there was a previous phase of this thread - #1 where discussions began right from when Allison went missing. It went for 50 pages and the Mods closed it and started afresh with #2 that we are on now. Some things have been discussed and clarified during that time so I guess it's hard if you havent read all those pages to make sense of it all.

GO TO THIS SITE FOR FIRST THREAD NEWBIES:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169529"]Found Deceased Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Not to be picky but your last sentence was

" they will make an arrest soon and it wont be GBC"

It READS like a statement , I didnt say yus SAID it was a statement.

When I read that sentence, like others, it appears as though you know something as you ave said , this is what is going to happen, the words I think it might happen are not there, anyway, it has been cleared up now, it is not a fact or a statement, purely an opinion which is of course all fine on and dandy, just wanted to clarify as personally I was confused by your implication of that sentence alone

BrisbaneGirl, everybody has a different way of expressing/writing their thoughts. I for one, did not take the poster's comment as a statement, just as an opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbrady