Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's up with the live streaming on the courier mail website? Seems to not be 'live'?

Same here....maybe they are not allowed to do it anymore

I've just finished catching up and about to go over to the church nearby my work to light a candle for Allison. I can't stream anything from my work computer so guess I'll have to catch the service at home from somewhere online, plus news.

My heart and thoughts are now with the spirit of Allison, but also with her parents and those beautiful little girls who will be having one of the most grief-stricken days of their lives. I just hope they can all feel the incredible love around them and that lifts them up above all else, and gives them comfort and strength in the days ahead. *advertiser censored*

Me too! Live stream isn't working, what a shame. RIP Allison and may your children and parents and siblings and friends feel your loving presence and comfort

i'm wondering if the courier mail know there is something wrong with the live video??

Allison Baden-Clay's funeral at St Pauls Anglican Church in Ipswich

May 11, 2012 11:09AM

THE funeral of murdered Brookfield mother-of-three is under way at St Paul's Anglican
Church in Ipswich.
According to the funeral service notes, Allison's three daughters will lay posies accompanied to Away in Manger, the same song their mother would sing for them.

Vanessa Fowler and Ashley Dickie, Allison's brother and sister, will say the eulogy of her eventful life.

Kerry Anne Walker, her best friend, will also speak in a reflection.

After the service two guards of honor will surround the coffin before it leaves for burial.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...hurch-in-ipswich/story-e6freon6-1226352858918

REST IN BLISSFUL PEACE ALLISON....Look over your children from above and help guide them through their lives without you. I am sure your presence will be forever felt by them as children never forget the warmth of a Mother's love.

Such a sad day.....Many lives have been touched even by the one's who never knew you.

You must have been an incredible woman.

Guard of honour for slain Brisbane mum Allison Baden-Clay From:

May 11, 2012 11:13AM

UP to 500 people are attending the funeral of murdered mother-of-three Allison Baden-Clay at a church west of Brisbane.
The service is taking place at St Paul's Anglican Church at Ipswich, where Mrs Baden-Clay grew up.

Students from her former school, Ipswich Girls' Grammar, are among those gathered on the lawn outside the church.

The students and members of the Queensland Fire and Rescue Service are expected to form a guard of honour as the coffin leaves the church after the service, which began at 11am (AEST).

It's understood Mrs Baden-Clay's three children have arrived and have been ushered inside the church to say a last goodbye to their mother.

It's not clear if her husband Gerard Baden-Clay has arrived

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...lison-baden-clay/story-e6freonf-1226352862953

I agree that the overnight attempt by the police to gather further information at the roundabout would suggest that they need more evidence prior to making an arrest(s).

I know that everyone would like to see this one wrapped up quickly, but sometimes these things take time. Even the analysis of evidence that they have already collected, and might be able to use to build into a stronger case, is likely to take some time.

There is an ongoing case in WA (Corryn Rayney) that will come to trial in July where the husband was named early on by the police as the "prime and only suspect". It took nearly 2.5 years for the police to collate enough evidence to charge the husband.

Furthermore, the husband (who is a lawyer) sued the police for defamation for naming him as the "prime and only suspect". I would expect that all law enforcement officials (especially in Australia) have been a bit more cautious about naming persons of interest and suspects in murder cases as a result of what happened with this case.

Yes, I assumed that this would just be until the actual funeral commences? Not sure though...

I started thinking we may not see it ...thought about going up but will watch and see more here i hope

I see he grew a full beard to help hide his expressions on his face.

Often when police are talking to drivers at a roadblock or filter such as that roundabout there will be two officers around the car. One talking to the driver and another checking tyre patterns against an enhnaced photo from the ground of a crime scene. The second fellow could also look for scratches or dents in particular places. He may also have an incomplete number plate ID from somewhere and be checking for possible matches. It's unlikely to be just asking drivers if they were at the same place at a certain time.

I agree that the overnight attempt by the police to gather further information at the roundabout would suggest that they need more evidence prior to making an arrest(s).

I know that everyone would like to see this one wrapped up quickly, but sometimes these things take time. Even the analysis of evidence that they have already collected, and might be able to use to build into a stronger case, is likely to take some time.

There is an ongoing case in WA (Corryn Rayney) that will come to trial in July where the husband was named early on by the police as the "prime and only suspect". It took nearly 2.5 years for the police to collate enough evidence to charge the husband.

Furthermore, the husband (who is a lawyer) sued the police for defamation for naming him as the "prime and only suspect". I would expect that all law enforcement officials (especially in Australia) have been a bit more cautious about naming persons of interest and suspects in murder cases as a result of what happened with this case.

I totally agree with you these things can happen. My friend was murdered in front of her 5 year old daughter :( The police suspected that her boyfriend did it and in the end it turned out that it was a person unknown to the family. Sarah's father went through hell and like Gerard was judged by the police/public. In the end they had enough proof that it wasn't him that did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500