TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any Locals..........any idea why they would airlift the girls to Memphis Hospital? I'm not familiar with the hospital where they were taken.
not a local but I would guess because their dad is in TN and to try and avoid a crowd at the hospital...or maybe they did not want them at the same hospital as the perp..incase he lived.

I am glad the girls are safe. I am sad for what is ahead of them. I just hope Joann's family will be present in their life, they are going to need some women to gather around them, it will be a hard road for them ahead.

Any Locals..........any idea why they would airlift the girls to Memphis Hospital? I'm not familiar with the hospital where they were taken.

I don't know, but my guess would be that Memphis may have better resources for cases like this than smaller area hospitals. Also, perhaps they hoped to keep the girls apart from the circus surrounding that a$$hat's corpse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Girls taken into protective custody with FBI. They have their own medical staff and will evaluate to determine if need to go to a hospital. Gary Bain is in the New Albany area. Reported by WLOV (Fox) which is in Tupelo. Part of the WTVA group of stations. Craig Ford anchor got word for WLBT in Jackson that a highway patrolman had posted on his fb that AM was surrounded and dead! That was how the media found out! CF then reached Sheriff Edwards by phone and he confirmed it caught and his words to AM's condition was "barely" when asked if alive.

Social media.... big news!

I am purely guessing here.....we have Le Bonheur children's hospital in Memphis....top notch.....I would imagine since it is totally for children that may be why..altho I have always heard Tupelo Medical Center is topnotch as well. IMO.

ETA: We also have St. Jude in Memphis as well and also The Med...The Med has lots of the more critically injured.

TM has not been allowed any phone calls per her sister BB on CNN AC360.

Same as Teresa M's Mom said about herself on NG Show. Hasn't been allowed to speak nor see her. Good.

This is the best news all night. And he save the state money by taking the cowards way ou.

I wouldn't be shocked if more charges were added. Especially for TM.

Those two girls have a story to tell. A sordid, sad, painful story. And it might not bode well for either TM or MM.

On a brighter note: I'm very glad to read the report above that the FBI has their own medical staff to assist with this. I'm hoping that means victim's counselling will begin right away with skilled, caring professionals who can gently guide these two little ones from the pit of darkness and back towards light.

I have a feeling charges might change in some form for TM & MM; perhaps down to just kidnapping.

Again, just my thoughts at this moment.

Heck no. Felony murder for both of them. JMO at this moment.

not a local but I would guess because their dad is in TN and to try and avoid a crowd at the hospital...or maybe they did not want them at the same hospital as the perp..incase he lived.

That's a really good observation. Hadn't thought of that, but that certainly would reduce some additional trauma. For the family, too.

Smart thinking.

My son-n-law is a third year resident at the Med and he is on duty tonight..

My hat is off to your son Em....the MED is top notch...I have been totally amazed at the miracles I have seen there.

Oh my goodness. And thank God. The almost impossible happened and this situation ended with no trial and expense and the little girls survived. This, I think, is the BEST example of the FBI and the TN authorities publicizing and publicizing... Billboards throughout the South, endless newscasts, continued Amber alerts (I found out of the resolution since I get Amber alert texts and one tonight indicated the Bain alert was canceled). Never, ever, keep info close to the vest, especially in the Information Age and we see how *possibly* release of info helped. It certainly didn't hurt.

I am purely guessing here.....we have Le Bonheur children's hospital in Memphis....top notch.....I would imagine since it is totally for children that may be why..altho I have always heard Tupelo Medical Center is topnotch as well. IMO.

ETA: We also have St. Jude in Memphis as well and also The Med...The Med has lots of the more critically injured.

St. Jude is only for critically ill children. See my post above....report from WLOV-FOX in Tupelo.

I just want to say a special thank you to all of the Federal and Local LE who worked so tirelessly to track down AM and bring those 2 girls home where they belong! THANK YOU!!!!!

Same as Teresa M's Mom said about herself on NG Show. Hasn't been allowed to speak nor see her. Good.

This sort of thing concerns me, though, when considering what a defense attorney may try to spin in their client's favor. Maybe I have just seen too much BS like that used to reduce charges or worse. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank God GB's oldest daughter is around to help. The girls will need her!

Not a local, but my thought it that the Memphis hospital is better equipped to treat the traumatized children. They may have physical injuries (I pray not) and definitely will need treatment for the emotional trauma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaPrirl