TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still catching up, but came across this article with statements from a friend of JB's with clarification about JB's "relationship" with AM. I found it interesting and hadn't seen it posted yet.

http://www.wmctv.com/story/18279544/murdered-mothers-best-friend-speaks-out-to-defend-character

Thanks so much for that. I was getting sick and tired of the Mays/Bates family/friends/landlord disparaging Jo Ann's memory. She wasn't here to defend herself since Adam/mother/wife killed her and Adrienne.

Sheriff Edwards have been checking this church every day and every night all week...
WLOV live
Game wardens came upon him...
very remote and dense; checking cabins, deer stands etc...
poison oak/ivy/tired hungry and worn out as he describes the girls

Also let's not forget Adrienne who had her entire life ahead of her. Such a horrible tragedy.

And there are photos of AM with Adrienne and her sister, clearly having a good time. What was the point of killing her? I for one don't feel sorry he is dead-not for one second.

I'm sure I am not alone, but this case really did a number on me. I'm so glad that on the eve of my birthday these little girls get to go home. Every morning I have woken up and immediately got caught up on the latest, and every night I have gone to sleep frustrated that these girls are still out there with this psycho. This case reminded me so much of Shasta and Dylan and my nerves did not handle it well. I am just so grateful that these girls are safe, and get to be with their dad tonight.

Church didn't look far from Alpine,MS...at the intersection of county roads 183 and 184, Zion Hill Baptist Church I believe...

Wonder who was squeezed for the tip?

If they weren't giving up the tip voluntarily, then I hope they squeezed 'the boys' so hard that the idjit won't walk for weeks. :maddening:

I have less than zero respect for people who wilfully withhold information during cases for missing children. And whoever this person is - they must have known by now (or during the squeezing) that AM was already a two-time murderer.

At very least, if this turns out to be true, then I hope that's another one that will be charged with a felony.

Am I the only one who is for some reason a little sad to see the AM died? I hate when anyone dies, even sickos for the most part. I just feel AM was mentally ill, and snapped or something. I do want him to have to pay for what he did, but not by death.

You are not the only one, just the most courageous one. My heart lept for joy when I first saw the news they were found. But, I've tears streaming down my face since then due to all the hatred. God loves all his children. Jesus would not have said these things. There hasn't been a trial. He probably did it, but TM could have done it. I am sad for AM for his mother who coped and remained loyal to a disturbed boy, I am sad for GB, and all that family. I am sad for TM's mother who bravely came on NG and did her best to make it as favorable as possible for TM, and especially when NG had to rub it in that her child may get the death penalty. I am crying for all the sadness and horror in the world. And, the same time, I am so grateful to God for allowing us to save these precious little flowers, AB and KB.

Totally worth repeating. Thanks "jus sayin" !

You don't have to be smart to drive. I have worked with adults who have the mental capacity of 8 years old and they drive and have children and that is why we work with them. Should they be driving, another question, but I can't transfer my ideals onto them. It is not about insanity, it is about culpability. And to what degree, given her disabilities is she culpable. She may understand right and wrong, but may not grasp cause and effect. I have worked with many people who were not only severely delayed, but victims of domestic violence and I can tell you that some of their actions are typical symptoms and not malicious.

Same as above. If TM has questionable culpability, she should get a fair trial and be represented aggressively. It is her right. I am not defending her, but, if she has the capacity of a child or is mentally deranged to the point that she has the culpability of a child, it should be looked at if there is a reported history of domestic violence and abuse. If we look at other countries, like child soldiers in Africa, to initiate them, they are required to kill their parents or be killed. They typically kill their parents to stay alive. Should they be treated as murders or are there other circumstance to be looked at in terms of being culpable for a crime? If TM has the mentality of a child and is a battered spouse, we need to look at everything before she is judged and sentenced. IMOO.

Respectfully BBM

Personally, I'm not yet ready to compare Teresa M to the child soldiers and child sex slaves under Joseph Kony's control in Africa.

Am I the only one who is for some reason a little sad to see the AM died? I hate when anyone dies, even sickos for the most part. I just feel AM was mentally ill, and snapped or something. I do want him to have to pay for what he did, but not by death.

You are not the only one, just the most courageous one. My heart lept for joy when I first saw the news they were found. But, I've tears streaming down my face since then due to all the hatred. God loves all his children. Jesus would not have said these things. There hasn't been a trial. He probably did it, but TM could have done it. I am sad for AM for his mother who coped and remained loyal to a disturbed boy, I am sad for GB, and all that family. I am sad for TM's mother who bravely came on NG and did her best to make it as favorable as possible for TM, and especially when NG had to rub it in that her child may get the death penalty. I am crying for all the sadness and horror in the world. And, the same time, I am so grateful to God for allowing us to save these precious little flowers, AB and KB.

I respect your feelings and if it could help resolve other cases by having him alive then I could go for that. I don't think he was going to provide much. I think the children can provide any needed answers...in time if and when they choose to discuss it.

I am glad he didn't take any other lives. He could have.

They just arrived here in Memphis at LE bonheur children's hospitla

____________________...
Posting via mobile as well as via tablet so plz forgive all typos.. Btwn the sucky touch keyboard and the obsessive auto-correct it's a big ol' mess :crazy:

It appears AM has been hiding out in the woods roughing it...found water bottles
nap sacks around that area per WCBI news on site live

Thank you, Hope. I was reading through all the comments about let him die, rot in hell, hope he lives and suffers and it upset me. I counted over 14 posts like that. Seriously, is an eye for an eye the best policy? I really don't think that was how our constitutional rights were established. Is it possible to get a fair trial...or does the general public decide your fate. Is it so easy for us to focus on the highs and lows the sensational media want us to and not see that there is no justice in a case like this, ever.

Mainly, because, I think in some ways AM was a victim to pressure, society, delusion or what not as well. And the fact he DID NOT kill these children shows in some way he was attached and bonded to them. What ever his trip, in his death, the opportunity is lost for LE, researchers, psychologists and the courts to learn what mental issues, pressure, etc can do prevent further incidents like this.

I honestly think that the deaths of JB and AB may have been an accident...they strangled from being tied up in a car wrong during the kidnapping...Who knows, but, AM being dead doesn't bring me any joy or triumph or any sense of closure or pleasure.

Could the information have been provided by the man who was taken into custody yesterday? It's beginning to sound as though Adam Mayes took off through the woods with the girls when he learned that the police were coming for him. Then maybe he ran to that neighbor's home and indicated that he would go to the church at some point. I'm sure we'll have a lot more details tomorrow. But some of it will remain under wraps as they prosecute TM and MM.

Crowd gathered across the street from LeBonheur and hospital spokesperson will release any info after they get th all clear from FBI that they can do so

____________________...
Posting via mobile as well as via tablet so plz forgive all typos.. Btwn the sucky touch keyboard and the obsessive auto-correct it's a big ol' mess :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther