Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I have looked at those photos many times and today is the first time I noticed the tear rolling down his left cheek (right side of photo).
Not quite sure that is a tear. He has a lesion (i.e. lump) on his cheek seen in other photos of his face.

I think you misunderstood. I agree completly I'm sure there are lots of people with multiple skeletons rattling around their closets but I think mostly we would rather not know.

Sorry, I'm not sure what I misunderstood. I made that comment as a stand alone statement-not replying to anyone in particular just responding to the general.... Atmosphere. Haha!!

I suggested this exact scenario very early on too Aussie mum. Would explain the loss of the phone too as, if this was the case, there would likely be details of this person and texts/ plans to meet etc on abc's phone. May also explain the car being left at show grounds rather than at BC residence (that is only rumor though). Wld also explain the need for accomplice / second car to get the perp away after dropping back abc's car. and yes, one of the news reporters initially said that abc was sighted at the roundabout, but this may have been an error.

I would prefer this story as I don't want to believe a father could do this to the mother of his children. Not sure though.

I had been of the impression that car at showgrounds early on but it was established later as a fact that both cars were at the house when Police took them for examination.

IMO Allison married way below her status. She was so talented and had so much going for her and he appears to only be a failed real estate agent.Have they ever owned a house?
Did she just desperately want children, I just can't understand why she would have settled for him.The world was her oyster.
Does anyone know what date their wedding was?

I've heard on the grapevine (from someone who used to work with abc at flight centre and adored her) that he was a rebound relationship for her, which would make sense I think, if true.

Wow! Acouple of interesting rumours have come to light in the thread since I was here last night.....Oh God I hope we are close to finding out what has happened...It is doing my head in.....I can only imagine how ABC's family and friends must be feeling?

... I must do some work!!! See you later ...

ME TOO I go away to do something and then think I'll just have a quick peak and two hours later still sitting here. I'm just wondering how many of us are mum's in their forties. I think thats why I feel so emotionally involved (Maxy is female):HHJP::HHJP::HHJP::HHJP::cheer::cheer::cheer::H

Sorry, but I don't agree with you. When someone falls really in love, they don't quite see past the facade, or it takes years for them to see the real man behind that facade. Women in particular are quite blind when it comes to loving someone. They stay in the hope things are going to get better and for the children's sake. It is not easy to be a single mother of 3 little kids!! Yes, appearances may have played a part in this sad saga, but from what people who knew Allison have reported, she was devoted to her children.

What, so in the 5-6 years of marriage BEFORE they had the first daughter she was still under the spell of his so called facade!?? Pffft. Yet whilst still under it she had another two kids with him??

GOD ALMIGHTY...Im watching this show on austar about a 75 yr old texan billionare who was shot. It turns out his young wife was having an affair with another woman, and telling her stories about how the husband emotionally abused her, degraded her etc (all lies to get her mistress to kill him). she tells her girlfriend if she has to go away on this upcoming trip with him, she will surely commit suicide because he makes her so depressed, so the girlfriend goes and shoots him in his bed!!! he was a loving a kind man and his wife had him killed to get his money. It just goes to show...ANYTHING is possible and some people will stop at nothing to get what they want......UNBELEIVABLE!

me too i go away to do something and then think i'll just have a quick peak and two hours later still sitting here. I'm just wondering how many of us are mum's in their forties. I think thats why i feel so emotionally involved (maxy is female):hhjp::hhjp::hhjp::hhjp::cheer::cheer::cheer::h

haha me...41

I can just imagine how aggressively GBC would have pursued ABC. She was pretty, intelligent, accomplished and a real go getter. He was quite the opposite but obviously had a HUGE self inflated opinion about himself. I would think that GBC turned into the most chivalrous, romantic and sensitive man during their courtship and then bang whe he had hooked her the cracks in the varnish were constantly being exposed.

Its like that Julia Roberts movie 'Sleeping with the Enemy' IMHO

I've never met Allison or GBC but I have certainly met and dated a few narcissistic men with dodgy ethical compasses who can be very charming and persuasive and charismatic and 'sweep you off yr feet'. I always thought of myself as astute about people but when it came to my love life I was somehow less discerning as I wanted to believe in the man and what he was saying and the picture he painted. If this is what happened to Allison I can certainly relate and just feel lucky that the 'GBC's I dated never asked me to marry them.

Re texan billionare: She didn't pull the trigger, but when asked if she loved him in an interview, she is shaking her head from side to side whilst saying 'yes, yes' i loved him so much' .....sickening

:sweep:
GOD ALMIGHTY...Im watching this show on austar about a 75 yr old texan billionare who was shot. It turns out his young wife was having an affair with another woman, and telling her stories about how the husband emotionally abused her, degraded her etc (all lies to get her mistress to kill him). she tells her girlfriend if she has to go away on this upcoming trip with him, she will surely commit suicide because he makes her so depressed, so the girlfriend goes and shoots him in his bed!!! he was a loving a kind man and his wife had him killed to get his money. It just goes to show...ANYTHING is possible and some people will stop at nothing to get what they want......UNBELEIVABLE!

Yes but how do you reach the point where taking someone's life becomes "dooable" for want of a better word. I had a difficult marriage and a very messy seperation. I ended up with very little but it would never have entered my head to kill him or have him killed. I know it would have made my life better financially but yea I just don't understand the mind set.

1:25 seconds [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INI0gB2p83k"]Body belongs to Baden-Clay - YouTube[/ame]

A lot can be said for the change in Olivia's interactions with the media after the body was located.

Her 'Delightful, Darling Al' was 'returned' and she can say... nothing

do u think her silence speaks volumes? :dj:

In regards to someone 'breaking' in the past 24hrs and telling the police all they know...

Maybe this person knows what happened, but wasn't actively involved in the murder? Maybe they're now working with the police to get the perp to confess? Maybe she's wearing a wire and will meet up with the perp? There could be many reasons as to why she's not been arrested!

Also there's a book I'm currently reading and it's about a law student Anu Singh who killed her fiance Joe Cinque back in 97 in Canberra. She doped him with rohypnol and then injected him with heroin. she was arrested immediately and kept in a remand centre until her court case. BUT her best friend who was 'in the loop' and knew all of what was to happen and also went with Anu to purchase the heroin was not kept in remand and also got off scott free - from wiki - Rao was tried separately in late 1999 on charges of murder, manslaughter, attempted murder and administering a stupefying drug.[22] On 10 December Rao was found not guilty of all charges against her. Crispin J found that there was reasonable doubt that she had assisted in the attempt and rejected the prosecutor's argument that Rao had a legal duty of care to Cinque.

So yes it's a different case, but I guess it shows that those involved are not always arrested and charged immediately, or even charged at all...

I am not sure about the mistress spilling the beans angle, surely if she did he would have been taken in for questioning by now and the media would be all over it. Even so if it is true it is no wonder GBC's business went bad the amount of mistakes he made after having a so called plan speaks volumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname