Witness accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he first told investigators he could not make out any colors, it was too dark. If he visually saw GZ afterwards he probably could have told investigators what color shoes GZ was wearing. I believe he was telling the truth when he said, first, he could not tell. Pressured for an answer he gave the only answer he knew and that would have been while GZ was standing around waiting for LE to move him to the patrol car he could see what GZ was wearing. And very visible because of all the lights they had back there that were not there before when he saw them on the ground. He gave them the answer he may have felt they wanted but it may not be accurate because of the exposure he had after the shooting to GZ. jmo

Please link to a source that states the witness saw GZ after the shooting. Or anything after the shooting. There has been nothing to suggest this, afaik.

Please link to a source that states the witness saw GZ after the shooting. Or anything after the shooting. There has been nothing to suggest this, afaik.

Okay, two kids home alone are not going to peek out the window to see what is happening? He said he could not see any colors when they were on the ground. But he knew GZ was wearing red. How else would he know? Same as all the other witnesses who are seen standing outside on their porches watching the whole thing. It's like an accident on the freeway. You are not NOT going to look. It's human nature. How would LE know if he was not identified right away so that meant he was probably out there. I imagine LE was going around right away gathering witness information from those who were standing outside watching. jmo

March 14
Nearly 400 people, including many influential local civil-rights leaders and pastors, pack the Allen Chapel AME Church in Sanford to call for Zimmerman's arrest. Meanwhile, witness Mary Cutcher tells local a television station that police took only a short statement from her after the shooting and had ignored her calls. "I know this was not self-defense," she says.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...n-timeline-20120326_1_shooting-sanford-police

Ok thanks for linking that.

That's exactly what I said.
It came out after the frenzy.

JMO

In the links to the witness statements on the right of this page there are a bunch of witness talking about seeing other people out after the shooting, some talking to George who were witnesses and even one who says a cop was taking a picture around of George showing it to them.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...an-trayvon-martin-case-released-to-the-public

Okay, two kids home alone are not going to peek out the window to see what is happening? He said he could not see any colors when they were on the ground. But he knew GZ was wearing red. How else would he know? Same as all the other witnesses who are seen standing outside on their porches watching the whole thing. It's like an accident on the freeway. You are not NOT going to look. It's human nature. How would LE know if he was not identified right away so that meant he was probably out there. I imagine LE was going around right away gathering witness information from those who were standing outside watching. jmo

There is nothing whatsoever on their 911 call to suggest they were peeking out the window.

They waited 8 days to talk to the kid and everyone in the neighborhood was talking about it. I am sure he heard a lot about it.

There is nothing whatsoever on their 911 call to suggest they were peeking out the window.

He claims he never saw any colors originally before the shooting. How else would you account for knowing to identify the color red unless he saw GZ that night after the shooting? Two kids alone and all that police activity going on in the backyard, right, I can see them not looking. Would make perfect sense. I believe there were a lot of people that night that were aware of what GZ was saying and what color he was wearing. It's just very curious that now people are starting to change their stories. But is that because they were influenced more from what they saw and heard afterwards then what they witnessed before the shooting.

Myself, because of the way TM was found, I believe he was on top and I also believe he was trying to get away and that is why there is a straightline for the bullet path and why he was found face down and fully stretched out. As the ME reported, TM was shot and fell to the ground. jmo

Witness 12: A young mother in the townhome community first said she saw two men on the ground but wasn’t sure who was on top; she later said Zimmerman was on top because she recognized his size based on news reports.

Witness 13: A male neighbor first said Zimmerman, with a bloodied head, told him he had to shoot Martin because “he was beating up on me,” and to please call Zimmerman’s wife. He later went into detail and described Zimmerman’s tone right after the shooting as casual, like the shooting was “nothing.”

Witness 6: A male neighbor, whose story change was initially reported Friday, first told police Martin was on top of Zimmerman and throwing down punches mixed martial arts style. He also first said Zimmerman was calling for help. The man later said he wasn’t sure who was yelling for help, and that Martin may have merely pinned Zimmerman to the ground. He was still sure, however, that Martin was on top.
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...hange-stories-in-trayvon-martin-shooting?lite

I believe there was utter chaos and each witness saw a different part of this alleged fist fight, yet, TM's hands only had one bruise, so I truly doubt he was throwing punches MMA style...

The casual attitude GZ appeared to have shown per witness #13 after he shot TM dead, is very interesting...he just took a teens life and he doesn't appear distraught over doing so...It makes me believe, GZ's ultimate decision to take a life was in the making a long time ago. I believe he studied this statute and misinterpeted it like many do...he instigated this entire scenario and goes back to, had he just stayed in his vehicle, none of this would have happened...one can't instigate a fight...just due to TM getting the better of him, he can't cry foul now...

So the officer asked the 13-year-old if the person on the bottom were wearing black, white, or red?

And Trayvon was wearing gray?

ETA: That means the witness had a 33% chance of guessing GZ's shirt color correctly in this multiple choice quiz...and a 0% chance of guessing Trayvon's.

Has the question ever been asked or been determined whether any of the witnesses knew GZ personally. If so, I wouldn't trust their account. jmo

Has the question ever been asked or been determined whether any of the witnesses knew GZ personally. If so, I wouldn't trust their account. jmo

I would think that the witnesses had seen GZ roaming around the neighborhood with his Rotweiller since it was said that he "patrolled" the area regularly.

So witnesses who know someone personally are not to be trusted? Do you feel that same way about Trayvon's g/f?

I think these witnesses are possibly talking to each other and watching the news, if the witness who had no idea who was on top or the bottom is now sure it was Zimmerman on top because of size. But that was old Zimmerman from years ago. Zimmerman now is not heavy. He is also short.

--according to the discovery, george weighed 200 lbs at the time. that's fairly heavy for a short guy.

--according to the discovery, george weighed 200 lbs at the time. that's fairly heavy for a short guy.

Do they say how they got this number? He doesn't look to be 200 lb. Did they actually weight him or do they just assume he was 200 lb?

I have pretty bad eyesight without my lenses. I may not be able to tell what race the people were or how tall they were or what they were wearing but I would definitely be able to tell the difference between whether they were standing or whether they were on the ground - even from within my residence. Unless she's been declared legally blind. In which case her testimony would be totally useless.

I'm not entirely sure what your eyesight has to do with this eyewitness. I wear contacts, and I can't see anything without them. I would be a terrible eyewitness in that situation. But we know nothing about this woman's vision!

Also, you don't seem to know what legally blind means. Since you're throwing that phrase around...people who are legally blind have no better than 20/200 vision AFTER all poossible correction. Just because she has trouble seeing without contacts or glasses does not make her legally blind.

I'm not entirely sure what your eyesight has to do with this eyewitness. I wear contacts, and I can't see anything without them. I would be a terrible eyewitness in that situation. But we know nothing about this woman's vision!

Also, you don't seem to know what legally blind means. Since you're throwing that phrase around...people who are legally blind have no better than 20/200 vision AFTER all poossible correction. Just because she has trouble seeing without contacts or glasses does not make her legally blind.

Welcome to WS...

I believe you misread what was stated...Unless she had been declared legally blind...I believe you missed the unless portion...

Eyewitness accounts are notoriously faulty...some who have been convicted due to an eyewitness account had been cleared by DNA...so I don't take too much stock in that being rock solid...

Unless the witness is legally blind, her testimony even without glasses may still be useful. Not everyone who wears glasses/contacts is legally blind or even close to it.

So witnesses who know someone personally are not to be trusted? Do you feel that same way about Trayvon's g/f?

Yea, if you going to throw out statements from people who know GZ than you have to throw out the GF's statement due to bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member