Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #17 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering what these concrete structures are, they are on Monterey and not very far from Laguna. The one in the center almost looks like someone could go underground, or at least inside it. Do any locals here know if these have been searched?

Also, area shown with pink dot where these structures are located from where the purse was located.

Those look like old freeway construction abutments. How eerie.

I do not believe she would have tried to buy pot from this creep. The vast majority of kids buy pot from the 'legal' pot stores these days. Thousands of teens have 'club cards' where they buy ultra strong pot legally, and there is no need to go to scary dealers for pot anymore.

When I lived in Cali, I don't remember any teenager I knew having a card (This was last year). I was there between the ages of 22-25 and went to a vocational school with a lot of teenagers and older, and everyone I knew who smoked pot got it from a dealer. A lot of people do get it from dispensaries but, not the majority of teens. IMO.

I do not believe she would have tried to buy pot from this creep. The vast majority of kids buy pot from the 'legal' pot stores these days. Thousands of teens have 'club cards' where they buy ultra strong pot legally, and there is no need to go to scary dealers for pot anymore.

It's my opinion she did not know him at all. I get the impression he was a total predator, always scoping out the scene. He didn't have a wife, child, job, with a "hobby" on the side of raping girls. His life was raping girls and the wife, job, child where to help support (cover) that.

I'm thinking he was constantly taking note of pretty girls, good hiding places, vacant houses and sheds, always plotting.

I can't imagine he was able to snatch Sierra in the few minutes before she leaves her house for the bus, on a darker, rainy day, knowing she would be alone and that the workers that normally were in the nearby field happened to be in a different field that day.

He had to have put some time and thought into pulling this off, and poor Sierra didn't stand a chance :(

JMO

who me :rocker:

I meant the time is now (for the presser) changed to 1:30

eta: I changed my wording in my post... LOL.. that was a little confusing!

The arraignments (at HOJ) start at 1:30 PST - but depending on if he is 1st, last, or in the middle it could be later for him (could be as much as a 3 hr 45 minute wait). The 12:00 that was on the inmate sheet was for "transport time" from the jail according to someone in the legal community. Since they are allowing camera's in the courtroom I personally would think he would be 1st so that they can clear the courtroom of reporters, etc after his arraignment.

The arraignments (at HOJ) start at 1:30 PST - but depending on if he is 1st, last, or in the middle it could be later for him (could be as much as a 3 hr 45 minute wait). The 12:00 that was on the inmate sheet was for "transport time" from the jail according to someone in the legal community. Since they are allowing camera's in the courtroom I personally would think he would be 1st so that they can clear the courtroom of reporters, etc after his arraignment.

Any live coverage links? tia

Sadly, I believe that when this guy told his mother he was going "fishing" he wasn't talking about fish. He was fishing for a victim. Another one of those lies with some "truth" in it. JMHO

I just read on a news website, in the comments section of this story , that when he was arrested at safeway a friend of Sierras happend to be there. Has any body heard this?
Can I post a link to the news story? Perhaps this is why they arrested him, he was stalking her? that has been my thought on their reason to arrest him then and there.

Looking for the blue or black car - or the red one again.
Came across this but it is a light blue van.
I just want to leave it here as I did not see it in the LE press releases or archives.
I may have missed it though.
=================

http://www.lurla.com/aggregator/sources/9?page=41

Deputies responding to 'abduction' report from Gavilan CollegeFri, 09/02/2011 - 10:57
The Santa Clara County Sheriff's Department is responding to reports of an "abduction" that occurred between 1:50 and 2:30 p.m. Thursday afternoon in Parking Lot F at Gavilan College, located at 5055 Santa Teresa Boulevard in Gilroy.
The reporting party claims to have seen a 26-year-old Hispanic male, allegedly driving a light blue Ford Astro Van, abduct a female victim.
However Sgt. Troy Smith with the SCC Sheriff's Office said insufficient witnesses and evidence merit this incident a "suspicious circumstance."
As officials continue to investigate the scenario based on a partial vehicle and suspect description, "there are no leads at this point," said Smith. "If we had good descriptions and multiple people reporting, we could build on it, but it's hard to tell at this time."
Smith said it's difficult to confirm if the incident is an actual kidnapping or "somebody playing a pretty horrible prank on a friend."
According to Smith, the report was received from a van driver working for Outreach, a public service that transports the disabled to and from various locations.
Jan Bernstein Chargin, director of Public Information for Gavilan College, said school employees retrieved records of students who registered between 1:50 and 2:30 p.m. Thursday and provided this information to Sheriff officials. There were between 10 to 15 students who registered during this time period, she said.
Chargin does not have any additional information on the incident.
"I'm not aware of anything like this happening before," she said. "There was a false report last year, but this is not a normal situation."
The college issued an alert via text message and on Twitter to alert students and faculty of the incident.
Authorities ask that you call 808-4900 if you have any information.
As of 8 a.m. Friday, Bernstein had no updates to report.

This is the college FS planned to attend after graduating high school.

Those look like old freeway construction abutments. How eerie.

Yeah, and they are specifically marked as abandoned concrete structures on the google earth map so I clicked on it, and thought they looked so eerie but seems from the air like a spot where it would be behind many trees and far enough off Monterey and also away from homes, etc.

Honestly, I feel that she will be eventually located south, because that seemed to be his playground, especially in the Uvas Reservoir walking trails and such, but this place is just odd, and it's not far from Sierra's home either.

I totally understand what you're saying, but I beg to differ. I have a medical marijuana card, and rarely frequent the cannabis clubs around. Plus they've closed down most of the ones around. And I live in Sacramento. I also believe any minor trying to get one of these cards would need a parent with them.

Where are there 'legal' pot stores..I have not heard of this. Medicinal pot in California, but not a regular store. interesting. jmo

In colorado they are called Medical Clinics and you have to have a
"Red Card" (med card) to purchase at the stores. I don't think anyone under the age of 18 can get a card though.

Tuba, are you here? Wasn't there talk about there could of have been a second person that touched the bag, wasn't that a theory at some point? <--- this isn't fact!

:nono: peeps we do not discuss other members here.. even if they are no longer members.

:nurse:

It's interesting to me that the mom remembers that her son went fishing the day after Sierra went missing. It's almost like a part of her "knows" on some level and that statement is her way of helping LE out. I mean, why say that publicly? And, how does she remember that it was the day after Sierra went missing, especially if it's something that he's done his whole life. Fishing, I mean.

By the way, I can't imagine being the public defender on this one. How can anyone try to get him off? I know it's their job, but as a human being, how do you try to set him free? If he gets an acquittal and later they find her remains and it's proof he did it, it's too late then. He can't be re-tried.

It's all so distorted and sad and I feel so sorry for Sierra and what she went through. My thoughts are with her family and what must be going through their minds.

Keep in mind that out of the cases that go to trial, the prosecution wins 90+%. So the odds are against the defence from the beginning.

Personally, I admire and support fully the work of defence attorneys. Without strong, aggressive defence attorneys, we would live in a virtual police state. They are the guardians of the system, as much as the prosecutors are.

To me, living in a (relatively) free society has value, it has worth. But in every situation, there is always a trade off. In this case, the trade off to living in a society where only 5% of the people convicted and in prison today are actually innocent is that a few guilty defendants will go free.

Sure, as a society we could tighten down the system to ensure even more convictions. The trade off for that, though, would be that we'd have to be willing to accept even more falsely convicted prisoners.

As it is, I'm really uncomfortable with the thought that 1 in 20 prisoners is actually innocent of what they were convicted of. It's easy to look at the stats because I'm not one of those innocent prisoners. I'm absolutely certain that if I were one of those 5%, I would find cold comfort in the idea that I was an acceptable price to pay in a system that balances the rights of the citizen against the powers of the state.

http://www.kron4.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=4222

In the comments section somebody mentions that Sierras friend "happend to be there"

Yikes. I really think he was going to do it again. Anyone remember what time he was arrested?

Its really scary to think that these girls have been putting themselves out there, concerned for Sierra, and this creep might have been watching them, and decided he liked one. Just a creepy possibility.

This is off subject, but I guess the Tennant Avenue Safeway in Morgan Hill has been having a bit of an uproar by customers. They are coming in and complaining about Safeway's hiring practices and lack of background checks. I guess they are losing a lot of business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie