Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #17 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little bit more info on the body in Pleasanton.

The coroner was unable to determine the woman's age or ethnicity or the cause of death, but police learned the woman has dark colored hair and was clothed in pajama bottoms and an Old Navy shirt, and wore blue fingernail polish.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/pleasanton-police-issue-more-information-about-bod/nPFHg/

Can't they do a DNA match pretty quickly? They have Sierra's DNA, so I don't understand why they can't rule her out already.

A little bit more info on the body in Pleasanton.

The coroner was unable to determine the woman's age or ethnicity or the cause of death, but police learned the woman has dark colored hair and was clothed in pajama bottoms and an Old Navy shirt, and wore blue fingernail polish.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/pleasanton-police-issue-more-information-about-bod/nPFHg/

This is very new trend, light blue nail polish for Spring. Sounds like a younger adult woman, perhaps?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is frustrating to me right now. I feel like if they don't have definitive proof she is dead and organizations/her family still claim she is alive then this monster won't get what he deserves. I am praying they find her body OR have some sort of slam dunk evidence we haven't heard yet.

Plus they are saying that the body had on pajama pants and an old navy shirt. I wonder if maybe, Since she was going to school early, Sierra ran out in her PJ's and had her clothes in her bag to change into later? JMO ... I haven't been following this case too closely but have picked it up in the past couple of threads so I don't know if we know for CERTAIN that she walked out of the house dressed for school.

Can't they do a DNA match pretty quickly? They have Sierra's DNA, so I don't understand why they can't rule her out already.

I would think even if it did turn out to be Sierra they would notify her family first and give it a little time before releasing into the media.

This is frustrating to me right now. I feel like if they don't have definitive proof she is dead and organizations/her family still claim she is alive then this monster won't get what he deserves. I am praying they find her body OR have some sort of slam dunk evidence we haven't heard yet.

This is what I am worried about...because whatever LE told the family, it has not convinced them...

I would think even if it did turn out to be Sierra they would notify her family first and give it a little time before releasing into the media.

Good point

ETA: But if it wasn't Sierra, wouldn't they want to end speculation sooner?

Fingerprints - they are trying to find a match for them, and one of the first steps would have been to compare them to available prints from nearby missing persons cases. The comparison itself is not as time consuming (or expensive) as DNA - it's finding the prints of the missing that haven't been entered into databases or even collected by LE (usually the ones written off as runaways) that's hard.

All JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member