LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,
Have only a moment to post but wanted to put this out there as rather interesting and maybe connected somehow...
Brettly's bike was stolen at the beginning of this month and later found..
Strikes me as though whoever stole his bike was trying to mess around with him; his bike being, 'tempoarily' stolen. Could the theft have been personal? Jelousy of his close relationship with Mickey?
Will see what else i can find but have to go right now. I am sorry if this is irrelevant but I felt it was worth pondering.
Love and warmth to all <3
http://www.facebook.com/BikeLafayette/posts/228479783927254

EDIT: In my haste to post before I have to leave I failed to see that BW's bike theft was already mentioned. My apologies... xx

i 100% DO NOT think he has anything to do with her disappearance. Yes, he was the last person to see her, but i see bikers all the time around town. maybe not that late, but family and friends say she did it often. Think if this was you and the media was constantly on you because you were the last person to see her. This poor guy probably has a lot of emotions right now. His best friend vanished with no trace, and people are constantly saying question him and check his house. Police have already done so, and found nothing. Im on his side. This is definitely an abduction.

http://www.wltx.com/news/national/a...Missing-Student-Regrets-Letter-Her-Bike-Alone

Another interesting new bit of info I havent seen reported yet.

The missing woman's friends and family describe Wilson as a close friend to Shunick, noting that the two planned to move to New Orleans together this summer. Despite their plans to live together, Wilson and Shunick are not dating and have never dated, according to both Wilson and Shunick's friends.

Wow. First time I see this information also. Wonder why he didn't disclose it on JVM the other night when she asked about their relationship?

I guess it was just for the summer since she had a semester to go and would graduate in December. Maybe someone wasn't happy about that? Wonder when they were suppose to move?

I was thinking the same thing. The other day I brought up the fact that BW stated he dated one of Mickey's friends. They split up but she remained friends with BW.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120525/NEWS01/205250342/-told-her-safe-?odyssey=mod|mostview

Searching for Mickey Shunick: Interview with Brettly Wilson: Daily Advertiser reporter Megan Wyatt talks with Brettly Wilson, a close friend of Mickey Shunick's, and the last person confirmed to have seen her before she went missing.

This video interview gives new details about Mickey and the relationship with Brettly.
I hate to say it but this BW interview shows another side of his personality. He doesnt appear as robotic-maybe changing because he is aware of public perception of him. Does comment at about the 6;30 min in about his previous videos.
Watch this
JMO

Thanks for link, but for the life me I can't understand why that reporter didn't have the interview outside because you can't hear it.:banghead: I had my speakers way up and finally had to quit listening, but I believe he stated they were transferring to school in New Orleans. Finding a house and taking all of her animals. Is that correct?

Excellent interview....if only the reporter filmed it somewhere else where you could actually hear it without all the talking and banging around going on. Geeez.

http://www.wltx.com/news/national/a...Missing-Student-Regrets-Letter-Her-Bike-Alone

Is the timeline changing or becoming tighter per LE interviews with Mickeys friends?
JMO

Police have gathered accounts of what happened in the hours before Shunick's disappearance from Wilson and other friends of Shunick. The friends say Shunick met up with them at Artmosphere, a local bar. At about 11 p.m. Friday, she began asking if people wanted to go to Mel's Diner because she was hungry and tired. None of her friends wanted to leave the bar, they said.

Around midnight, Wilson said he offered to bike with Shunick back to his house to drop off their bicycles.

Why drop off the bikes at midnight? Why not just ride the diner if she was hungry and then she could ride home? He said she didn't spend the night at people's houses. What did they do between midnight and 2 a.m.? I'm so confused now.

Why drop off the bikes at midnight? Why not just ride the diner if she was hungry and then she could ride home? He said she didn't spend the night at people's houses. What did they do between midnight and 2 a.m.? I'm so confused now.

The went to Taco Bell, went to his house, ate and she left at 2

I was thinking the same thing. The other day I brought up the fact that BW stated he dated one of Mickey's friends. They split up but she remained friends with BW.

I believe he stated in that last long interview that MS and his girlfriend were estranged after they had broken up...and he and MS became closer.

Do we know how close Mel's Diner was to the bar? tia

They left Artmosphere, went back to Brettlys house.Went get food at Taco Bell, and from expierence, im sure there was long line in the drive through. Especially the one on Congress, thats where everyone goes after a night out. (Taco Bell, Canes, and Mels) are the only places open that late. After they got their food, they went back to his house and ate. I think that may accumulate for about 2 hours

I believe he stated in that last long interview that MS and his girlfriend were estranged after they had broken up...and he and MS became closer.

A couple miles down the same (busy) road.

Been thinking some more about this case - at first I mentioned how I thought two or more thugs might be involved, how well planned it seemed to be... how the crime scene seems cleaned up so well considering things should have fallen off bike/her...

But now, await minute... this is all too complex; totally going against occam's razor... so now I'm looking for the least complicated explanation of what might have happened.

Mickey was tired, and it's said not feeling that well when she went off riding her bike home.. So alone the way she feels sick and stops, or may have not been paying attention for road hazards, - key point being she is not riding her bike when she is taken, she is resting a bit on or perhaps sitting next to her bike because she doesn't feel well, or has fallen off... now she is much more vunerable, she is not a complicated moving target, she is in one spot for a longer time and someone seeing has more time to think and be tempted...

Perhaps a good Samaritan turns out not to be good ...

Does anyone know if BW or MS smoked, and by that I mean pot. I'm not sleuthing BW here (I actually believe BW is innocent) - I was wondering if there was possible drug connection.

It has been said before upthread:

This reminds me so much of the Katelyn Markham case:

*A Fete or Fayre in town.
*Goes missing after being left alone by BF or friend.
*Possible drug connection? (TBC)
*Both cases, young people around the same age.
*Geeky Partners.
*Moving town - possibly in the near future.

The reason I mention the drug connection is because on BW's FB page there are images of him around a fit pit, possibly smoking a joint (unless it was a photoshopped pic?)

They're probably unrelated, they just feel similar some how.

taco bell is closer to BWs house and artmosphere than mels diner is

If you are planning to abduct a person, would blinking lights on the front and back of a bike be a deterrent (because the bike is so goddamm visible) or a lure (because you can see the bike coming from far)? I am trying to understand the mindset of a person planning an abduction in places that are not that removed from traffic.

Just thinking about BW and his possible involvement or lack thereof - one thing I find off about him is how detailed he is. For example, on NG he goes into detail that about his phone dying, a friend then calling Mickey to follow up, and then even speaking of a text she received right before she left. How did he know she received a text? Did he read it, see her respond, was he using her phone at the time. Perhaps, he is just OCD and very aware of the things going on around him - which leads me to wonder - as detail oriented as he appears to be speaking about how friends checked on them, how he checked her mace, tires, and such WHY was there no system in place to ensure she made it home safe. I mean, had they had a system in place they could have began searching A LOT sooner. Of course, that is not to say that things would be any different, but there's a possibility. I guess that's what baffles me the most, I'm 23 (around the same age), I'm also a college student and although my lifestyle is a bit different considering I have a one and half year old, when I do go out and such I always check with my friends as they do with me to make sure we have all arrived safely (we travel in vehicles, not bikes). I just cannot get over that when I take into consideration the time of morning we are talking about. I could understand not checking up on her during mid-day travels, but not at 2 a.m.!!!

I'd be as detailed as him, after repeating everything for a 16 hour interview! Especially with LE telling him that every little detail could be important, try to remember details......

As far as the letting her go alone and not asking for a call or text to let him know she'd arrived, we have to remember that this is a community in which it is not unusual to be out on a bike at 2AM. Brettly would have believed that she would be one of many people out, that she would have others around her, and be safe. Also, his phone was dead, so he may not have asked for a call or text for that reason.

In today's link, he has asked himself "Why?" Why didn't I just take her home? But he didn't have the knowledge then that he has now, and I hope he isn't beating himself up too badly.

This gave me chills and a sinking feeling at the same time. I finally realized something I'm sure others have been thinking.

CS (MS's sister) has the same phone as MS and says it has a long battery life and was surprised when MS's phone seemed to be dead on Sat. morning because of the long battery life. If this was a hit and run or accident and we just haven't found her yet because of being hidden by natural brush or water, then the phone should have still been on and working that morning. So *somebody* turned it off. :(

Chief Craft has always used the term "turned off." I've asked before if anyone knew if he meant that literally or if he could be using that terminology for "it went dead" but no one really knows. I do think his term is significant, because I find that LE often chooses their words very carefully. And if it is a carefully chosen statement, then yes, somebody turned her phone off.

It is not unusual for investigators to keep quiet about their findings. They wont say anything to family members, much less to the public in case the person responsible for it hears/sees about it and flees. When my grandpa was murdered along with his wife and her son, police were not telling the family any suspects they had in mind in case word got around to them and go more into hiding. I find it very odd that no one saw anything, there are no clues, evidence, or ANYTHING to go by. Very heartbreaking

So sorry about your loss, alyssarenee.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120525/NEWS01/205250342/-told-her-safe-?odyssey=mod|mostview

Searching for Mickey Shunick: Interview with Brettly Wilson: Daily Advertiser reporter Megan Wyatt talks with Brettly Wilson, a close friend of Mickey Shunick's, and the last person confirmed to have seen her before she went missing.

This video interview gives new details about Mickey and the relationship with Brettly.
I hate to say it but this BW interview shows another side of his personality. He doesnt appear as robotic-maybe changing because he is aware of public perception of him. Does comment at about the 6;30 min in about his previous videos.
Watch this
JMO

Hard to hear above the background noise, but this is indeed a view into Brettly's "real self."

:waitasec:Good day or night everyone
My wife and i were riding in lafayette today running errands and seen somthing kinda of strange we seen a ford f150 with tamaulipas, mexico plates. yes i no it means mere nothing but. I ride theses streets everyday and have never seen a plate like this and then when i googled the place wat i saw was disturbing look at the pics and the web search

As I see it, we've got three possibilities of what happened to Mickey. Some more likely than others.

#1. Mickey had an accident along her way home and ended up with all her belongings, in a spot where she is not visible to others. In some dense shrubbery or something.....we do have lots of dense shrubbery.

#2. Mickey accepted a ride from someone she knew and was comfortable with, and that person abducted her.

#3. A stranger abducted Mickey, either taking her bike with them, or leaving the bike behind to be picked up by someone else who is afraid to come forward.

Any other possibilities? (I don't even remotely feel like it is possible she disappeared on her own, so I'm not listing it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500