LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some time before the presser's scheduled I'll start a #3 thread. Stay tuned.

After listening to the last video interview BW did (the one where you can barely hear anything), I feel certain now that he caused no harm to Mickey. Although it was hard to hear, when he spoke about Mickey his eyes lit up IMO. I think he may have had feelings for her, but not to the extent to where he would have hurt her had he expressed them and she shot him down. When he spoke of her in this video I could see genuine adoration for Mickey.

Do I wish that he had checked to make sure she made it home, or perhaps driven her home since she was tired and late? Yes. However, because he didn't do so doesn't make him guilty. Not to mention that as of now LE does not have any reason to link him to her disappearance.

Also, I've been considering the possibility of her being a victim of human trafficking with I-10 being so close by, but the more I ponder that idea, the more I keep thinking that if that were the case I don't think the perp(s) would bother with the bike or phone. I would think they would just want to grab her and get on their way, seeing as they would be fleeing the area/state/country with her. With that being said, IMO, their are only a few other scenarios - she was stalked and her abductor planned everything out, she is the victim of a random abduction (Carnie or resident), or she left on her own accord (HIGHLY UNLIKELY).

I don't think their was and accident, and I don't think she was hit or anything along those lines. If that were the case, I think something would have been found. Not to mention, if that were the case her phone would not have been turned off. It may have eventually gone dead, but not quickly enough for LE not to be able to ping it.

If this is a case of human trafficking, consider that the perp(s) are well prepared for this type of abduction. They would have had a vehicle to accommodate whatever came up (like a van or truck). Her route is 5 minutes by car to either I-10 or the Evangeline Thruway. They could easily have tossed her bike, phone, and bag over the side of the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge (an 18.2 mile long bridge between Lafayette and Baton Rouge on I-10 for non-locals).
So many possibilities but the complete and utter lack of sightings or evidence really makes me think the perp(s) have done this before.

Looks like we have a little lull right now in the posting action, so........

PLEASE CONTINUE DISCUSSION OF THE MICKEY SHUNICK DISAPPEARANCE HERE, AT LINK #3:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7966257#post7966257"]LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #3[/ame]

If this is a case of human trafficking, consider that the perp(s) are well prepared for this type of abduction.

So blinking lights on the bike is like a nothing to them? Not a deterrent?
Gosh, I guess if it's a human trafficking scenario, her image needs to be plastered all over the U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500