Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you look at the comments made by BC family in relation to Allison being depressed, so quickly after she went missing, I wonder about the possibility of overdosing her with her
This is a very good point. I found it rather peculiar that GBC suggested rather promptly that "she was depressed" and went for walk at such a ridiculous hour, in rain. I also found it unsettling that he declared her missing at 7.30am. If Allison went for her "usual morning walk", it's too early. And if she had not returned after the evening one then how could he know about it if he was asleep? There is no clarity about the timing and the actual fact of the walk, in principle.

This is a very good point. I found it rather peculiar that GBC suggested rather promptly that "she was depressed" and went for walk at such a ridiculous hour, in rain. I also found it unsettling that he declared her missing at 7.30am. If Allison went for her "usual morning walk", it's too early. And if she had not returned after the evening one then how could he know about it if he was asleep? There is no clarity about the timing and the actual fact of the walk, in principle.

thanks grannie, I find it hard to believe that they advertised immediately and publicly that she was depressed. it was like they were providing an explanation for her disappearance....

Grannie if she went for a walk at night, he may have gone to bed & slept until morning. Then realised she wasn't back from the night before?
Just a thought...

I agree entirely with all your points, to me it was way too early for the police to be called, I think he was not expecting the police and that was the best excuse he could come up with. If it is confirmed that neighbours did hear screams, I'm putting my money on them calling the police that morning after thinking it over.

It certainly seemed like they were covering bases whenthey said she was depressed...

Off topic. Is anyone else getting relentless popup " you've won and android phone". It cones up everytime I refresh and it's PMO. Only happens on this site. Has kept me away most of the day. Grrrrrr

The facility involved may well be conducting other crucial tests related to this case apart from blood work on the corpse. There is a requirement for prosecuting authorities to have tests conducted in relation not only to evidence which may implicate particular people, but also evidence which may exculpate these same, or other, people. Criminal convictions for very serious offences have been overturned on appeal, in Qld, where the Crown neglected to have forensic tests conducted on material which, if it had been tested, would have cleared the accused. The reasons put forward for not conducting these tests at the time were that they were expesnive and time consuming and that the results would be of no assistance in securing a conviction. I would not be surprised if a wide range of tests is being conducted at the John Tonge Centre in relation to this matter. If that is so, then the completion of toxicology reports alone may be of minimal assistance to investigators until they can be evaluated in the context of the rest of the tests. Apparently contrary statements from the Commissioner and Qld Health, in my view, are most likely a simple matter of miscommunication (between agencies and managers) regarding which tests are taking longer than might have been expected. This is understandable in the current climate and would in no way affect the integrity of the investigative process. Anyone that has worked with Mr Atkinson will tell you that he is the real deal.

One case comes to mind... when Graham Stafford was accused of murdering Leeanne Holland... if they had carried out the proper testing he would not have even gone to jail. That was a very bungled case. That wouldn't happen to the same extent these days. The entire so called 'investigation' took a total of 3 days. Great detective work there. It should have been clear from the start he didn't do it.

Grannie if she went for a walk at night, he may have gone to bed & slept until morning. Then realised she wasn't back from the night before?
Just a thought...

yes but he claimed she was watching TV when he last saw her so he had no idea if she had gone at night or early morning, so surely he wouldn't call the police at 7.30am, she might have only been gone an hour so wasn't exactly missing.
I really don't see her going out at 10pm when she has busy day ahead.

Off topic. Is anyone else getting relentless popup " you've won and android phone". It cones up everytime I refresh and it's PMO. Only happens on this site. Has kept me away most of the day. Grrrrrr

Me too

One case comes to mind... when Graham Stafford was accused of murdering Leeanne Holland... if they had carried out the proper testing he would not have even gone to jail. That was a very bungled case. That wouldn't happen to the same extent these days.

I was in a court case that was wrongly judged due to incompetent forensics. It was when the Liberals were in power so I take offense to any political posturing about resources in this area. And TheStupudTree I love your handle.

Yes - it's persistent and annoying. And poorly designed.

Cheers

there is a lot of maybes regarding that last night when Allison was seen. Its hard to clarify when she was last seen, and if it was by GBC, what time, and what she was doing. Some of it makes sense and some of it seems outlandish, for example, a night time stroll at 10pm in cool clothing on a rather cool night..I find that one of the hardest to picture. Once you think you've nailed it, you move on to the next step, the children, and you are back at the drawing board.

calling the police at 7.30 could only really seem likely IF he first woke up and assumed she was out for a morning walk, and then as she didnt return around 6.30 - 7.00 (maybe?) he investigated the bedroom house, and realised she hadn't been to bed? Does anyone think this possible? this theory would only work if we assume he is innocent and unaware that she wasn't home all night

Used to annoy me all the ads on internet sites, but now I never have that problem because I have tweaked the Bowsers I use and also have adverts turned off with .

there is a lot of maybes regarding that last night when Allison was seen. Its hard to clarify when she was last seen, and if it was by GBC, what time, and what she was doing. Some of it makes sense and some of it seems outlandish, for example, a night time stroll at 10pm in cool clothing on a rather cool night...night

Similar age to ABC and I get hot flushes mostly at night.

The facility involved may well be conducting other crucial tests related to this case apart from blood work on the corpse. There is a requirement for prosecuting authorities to have tests conducted in relation not only to evidence which may implicate particular people, but also evidence which may exculpate these same, or other, people. Criminal convictions for very serious offences have been overturned on appeal, in Qld, where the Crown neglected to have forensic tests conducted on material which, if it had been tested, would have cleared the accused. The reasons put forward for not conducting these tests at the time were that they were expesnive and time consuming and that the results would be of no assistance in securing a conviction. I would not be surprised if a wide range of tests is being conducted at the John Tonge Centre in relation to this matter. If that is so, then the completion of toxicology reports alone may be of minimal assistance to investigators until they can be evaluated in the context of the rest of the tests. Apparently contrary statements from the Commissioner and Qld Health, in my view, are most likely a simple matter of miscommunication (between agencies and managers) regarding which tests are taking longer than might have been expected. This is understandable in the current climate and would in no way affect the integrity of the investigative process. Anyone that has worked with Mr Atkinson will tell you that he is the real deal.

Thanks Hawkins...as always, so very informative. Yes seems a bit of crossed wires between the departments...no surprise on that one..lol.

Do you think we'll be given any idea re the toxicology results next week ?? ...or will that be all kept under wraps??

I think a lot of us are still thinking about your earlier comment...especially the "confronting" & "unpleasant" words.

It seems to be a particularly nasty and confronting matter. Not the sort of case that would be pleasant for jurors."

there is a lot of maybes regarding that last night when Allison was seen. Its hard to clarify when she was last seen, and if it was by GBC, what time, and what she was doing. Some of it makes sense and some of it seems outlandish, for example, a night time stroll at 10pm in cool clothing on a rather cool night..I find that one of the hardest to picture. Once you think you've nailed it, you move on to the next step, the children, and you are back at the drawing board.

calling the police at 7.30 could only really seem likely IF he first woke up and assumed she was out for a morning walk, and then as she didnt return around 6.30 - 7.00 (maybe?) he investigated the bedroom house, and realised she hadn't been to bed? Does anyone think this possible? this theory would only work if we assume he is innocent and unaware that she wasn't home all night

The first I do in the morning when I wake up is check my daughter's bedroom and see if she is awake. Unless Allison was one to make a bed as soon as she woke-up, I would assume he would have noticed she didn't sleep in the bed sort of immediately (based on speculation that he is not involved in her murder). IMO.

I was in a court case that was wrongly judged due to incompetent forensics. It was when the Liberals were in power so I take offense to any political posturing about resources in this area. And TheStupudTree I love your handle.

Thanks, it's short for "one fell out of the stupid tree, and hit every branch on the way down."

On topic: forensics take time regardless of which state it's in (we aren't in Qld). Clearly there are no infinite resources and the scientists aren't sitting around waiting for evidence to come in. They're very busy. I know of one case where simple evidence took 4 months. No link, from my "source " lol

Moo blah blah blah.

Thanks, it's short for "one fell out of the stupid tree, and hit every branch on the way down."

On topic: forensics take time regardless of which state it's in (we aren't in Qld). Clearly there are no infinite resources and the scientists aren't sitting around waiting for evidence to come in. They're very busy. I know of one case where simple evidence took 4 months. No link, from my "source " lol

Moo blah blah blah.

And then one wonders why Governments are investing 2 billion dollars in a new space telescope! ... instead of providing the resources for more important things like solving murders and giving closure to the families of the victims!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny