Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first I do in the morning when I wake up is check my daughter's bedroom and see if she is awake. Unless Allison was one to make a bed as soon as she woke-up, I would assume he would have noticed she didn't sleep in the bed sort of immediately (based on speculation that he is not involved in her murder). IMO.

I personally think that he would have known before he woke up, unless they slept separately. I know when my hubby isn't there during the night.

Similar age to ABC and I get hot flushes mostly at night.

good point possum....anything IS possible, Im only guessing...its so dark around brookfield though, I still find it hard to picture...but maybe she walked every night? someone reported at her funeral I think that she hated excercise but that does not mean she didnt do it...she was a ballerina so its another strange comment I think

Inanna said:
Grannie if she went for a walk at night, he may have gone to bed & slept until morning. Then realised she wasn't back from the night before?
kiwi50 said:
If it is confirmed that neighbours did hear screams, I'm putting my money on them calling the police that morning after thinking it over. <...>
he claimed she was watching TV when he last saw her so he had no idea if she had gone at night or early morning, so surely he wouldn't call the police at 7.30am, she might have only been gone an hour so wasn't exactly missing.
As a perfect mother of three, Allison could not leave her girls (if they were in the house) knowing that her husband went to bed and could not look after them. They could wake up and get up for a drink or something.
If the girls were not home, there was still a heave rain that night. I can't picture any sensible woman going out for walk in the dark, in the rain, alone. Certainly not a depressed woman.
The only reason why she could leave the house at this hour, imho, could be some late shopping, like milk, bread, tea, etc.. But even those things could wait.
And one more observation. If Allison was indeed watching footy, which I find a bit strange apart from other inconsistencies, why would she stop watching and go out? What time did the game end that night?
Actually, kiwi, you gave me another idea. GBC indeed could not know whether the neighbours called the police. He assumed that they could, because they surely had a good reason. So he tried to speed it up a little bit. May be he was not going to call the police that early, if not the screams.

Grannie if she went for a walk at night, he may have gone to bed & slept until morning. Then realised she wasn't back from the night before?
Just a thought...

Yes, true. But I think the key issue here is the morning. If she usually went for a walk at say, 6am, and wasn't back by 7am, it seems very early to call police at 7.30am. Why would you call 000 at this stage, when you believed someone was only 30-45 minutes late from a probable walk? It might be cause for concern to think, why isnt she back, especially seeing she has a conference on today and has to leave soon - but to call 000 to me is very odd if his story is true. I believe a degree of suspicion is warranted here.

Regarding lawyering up so early, people have been constantly justifying this but I again think the key issue is the timing. He lawyered up so early when the police were still indicating Allison was a missing person - there was no indication at all of any foul play, and GBC and his sister spoke of Allison being depressed and wanting her to please come home. The only reason I can see for lawyering up when your wife was being searched for along these lines is that you were guilty, and already knew you were under suspicion because of the unspecified observations the police made at the house and the questions they asked you about those observations.

Yes, you could lawyer up simply because 'they always suspect the husband in these cases', but I personally believe it is because there was plenty to be concerned about and plenty to need protection from. This is MOO, but IMO whatever was discovered at the house was already indicating a situation of concern, perhaps holes in the wall due to past rages and possibly DV, &/or other things.

I just think the likelihood of someone totally innocent who really believed his wife had gone for a walk and couldnt be found would feel the need to lawyer up just to protect themselves in case it all turned out she had met with foul play and he was blamed. How many innocent people actually do this in reality - especially at such an early stage?

I personally think that he would have known before he woke up, unless they slept separately. I know when my hubby isn't there during the night.

Yes. I am though of the opinion that they may have been in separate bedrooms, but we don't really know at this stage.

Yes. I am though of the opinion that they may have been in separate bedrooms, but we don't really know at this stage.

I tend to agree with you. I know when my ex and I were going through separation we slept separately. Most people don't just separate overnight it's a long process for a relationship to break down, I'd say ours took 18 months before we lived separately.

I tend to agree with you. I know when my ex and I were going through separation we slept separately. Most people don't just separate overnight it's a long process for a relationship to break down, I'd say ours took 18 months before we lived separately.

12 months in my case.

Yes, it is odd. Probably because that's when she was reported missing. IMO I think she went 'missing' before midnight on the 19th. But who knows?

I agree! The last "known" sightings, be it hairdresser, alleged argument in a restaurant or one of the several reported husbands versions: last seen on 19th. Reported missing on 20th. I just find it weird discrepancy unless there's something we don't know, and let's face it we don't know much lol

Mrs Baden-Clay, 43, disappeared from her Brisbane home on April 20 and her body was discovered on a creek bank 10 days later.

http://news.com.au/national/no-delay-in-baden-forensic-tests-police/story-e6frfkvr-1226367723054

I find it interesting they report the 20th and not 19th.

The media is weird at times. I think they write to a demographic and stuff gets lost in translation. With my court case the repeatedly called me a girl and left out that I was actually 28. They refer to Allison as a 'young mum' and the media know that the Courier Mail and advertisers pitch at a reading age of 7 years. Ask a journo. IMO:maddening:

Yes, true. But I think the key issue here is the morning. If she usually went for a walk at say, 6am, and wasn't back by 7am, it seems very early to call police at 7.30am. Why would you call 000 at this stage, when you believed someone was only 30-45 minutes late from a probable walk? It might be cause for concern to think, why isnt she back, especially seeing she has a conference on today and has to leave soon - but to call 000 to me is very odd if his story is true. I believe a degree of suspicion is warranted here.

Regarding lawyering up so early, people have been constantly justifying this but I again think the key issue is the timing. He lawyered up so early when the police were still indicating Allison was a missing person - there was no indication at all of any foul play, and GBC and his sister spoke of Allison being depressed and wanting her to please come home. The only reason I can see for lawyering up when your wife was being searched for along these lines is that you were guilty, and already knew you were under suspicion because of the unspecified observations the police made at the house and the questions they asked you about those observations.

Yes, you could lawyer up simply because 'they always suspect the husband in these cases', but I personally believe it is because there was plenty to be concerned about and plenty to need protection from. This is MOO, but IMO whatever was discovered at the house was already indicating a situation of concern, perhaps holes in the wall due to past rages and possibly DV, &/or other things.

I just think the likelihood of someone totally innocent who really believed his wife had gone for a walk and couldnt be found would feel the need to lawyer up just to protect themselves in case it all turned out she had met with foul play and he was blamed. How many innocent people actually do this in reality - especially at such an early stage?

I'm thinking about the "walk/watching tv" & wondering if it all revolves around what he exactly said & to whom.

He told Allison's parents "she went for a walk & didn't come back"....

Did he call her parents before he called 000 ??

When police later that week stated GBC has maintained he last saw her watching tv.

But police didn't mention anything about him saying "she went for a walk".

Wouldn't you think at that stage police would have said to media "GBC said he last saw her watching tv & he assumes she's gone for a walk" ??

Then at what time was the lawyer contacted...before the 000 call or later that day??

ps...I would LOVE to hear a recording of that 000 call.

I work next to extensive archives (hard copy ones) and I just have to check a few dates. I am pretty sure I have crossed paths with Allison. I just want to be certain. If I am right, she was more than lovely.

I agree! The last "known" sightings, be it hairdresser, alleged argument in a restaurant or one of the several reported husbands versions: last seen on 19th. Reported missing on 20th. I just find it weird discrepancy unless there's something we don't know, and let's face it we don't know much lol

This was the first police alert...

Missing person, Brookfield
On April 20, 2012, 6:01 pm ....Police are seeking public assistance to help locate missing 43-year-old woman, Allison Baden-Clay.

Ms Baden-Clay was last seen at a residence on Brookfield Road at Brookfield around 10pm last night.

http://qpsmedia.govspace.gov.au/2012/04/20/missing-person-brookfield/

And then one wonders why Governments are investing 2 billion dollars in a new space telescope! ... instead of providing the resources for more important things like solving murders and giving closure to the families of the victims!

CSIRO has done a lot of good work that often goes unrecognised including wi-fi and the bionic ear, just to name the famous ones! But I understand your frustration but science gives a lot back to the community and they need the support to continue their research

And I believe up to 20 countries will contribute to pay for the telescope, it’s just that Australia , South Africa and New Zealand have won the bid to share the process

:great:

bring on the :ufo:

sorry not on topic

CSIRO has done a lot of good work that often goes unrecognised including wi-fi and the bionic ear, just to name the famous ones! But I understand your frustration but science gives a lot back to the community and they need the support to continue their research

And I believe up to 20 countries will contribute to pay for the telescope, it’s just that Australia , South Africa and New Zealand have won the bid to share the process

:great:

bring on the :ufo:

I am all for any scientific research that will end up helping people on this earth, but cannot see the benefit of lurking into space to see what is black matter or where/when the big bang happened. Sending humans to the moon did not result in anything (at least to my knowledge) that was of any advantage to human kind. IMO. But it's another topic. :)

As a perfect mother of three, Allison could not leave her girls (if they were in the house) knowing that her husband went to bed and could not look after them. They could wake up and get up for a drink or something.
If the girls were not home, there was still a heave rain that night. I can't picture any sensible woman going out for walk in the dark, in the rain, alone. Certainly not a depressed woman.
The only reason why she could leave the house at this hour, imho, could be some late shopping, like milk, bread, tea, etc.. But even those things could wait.
And one more observation. If Allison was indeed watching footy, which I find a bit strange apart from other inconsistencies, why would she stop watching and go out? What time did the game end that night?
Actually, kiwi, you gave me another idea. GBC indeed could not know whether the neighbours called the police. He assumed that they could, because they surely had a good reason. So he tried to speed it up a little bit. May be he was not going to call the police that early, if not the screams.

granny that's possible that he thought the neighbours might have called the police, but I think he'd just hold his breath and hope they hadn't and maybe relax by morning when nothing had happened. To me the disadvantages to him would outweigh the advantages with the cops turning up especially if he and someone else were busy cleaning.

If I was the neighbour and pondered on it overnight, lol I'd probably sneak up to the fence and see if I could see anything odd in the daylight. I think I'd have to be quite certain something was wrong, if it was the neighbours who called I feel sorry for them having to live next door to GBC at the moment, although I guess the police wouldn't tell GBC who called.

What else could the neighbours have seen/ heard anyone got any suggestions?

It is weird, unless the media have knowledge that she was alive that morning, then in all likelihood it is just they way it was reported, not fact

I believe unless details have been given to the media and verified by either Supt Ainsworth or another *named* police person in the media...nothing can be considered as completely factual in any way...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname