Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel the opposite. I am a bit freaked out by this. I cannot accept that this man is the same man we are talking about here. I get that people wear masks. but I can't see it. You might all think I have gone a bit mental here, but, to me, that man giving that speech (to the school that I went to) seems more real than the man we have created here on Web Sleuths...I suddenly have a paralysing feeling of guilt and feel that we know nothing AT ALL ABOUT ANYTHING
going to take a break for a day or so

Adiós mis amigos

Hey Minni don't be too hard on yourself. I will bet my parking card that IF GBC is the murderer, then this man is a sociopath. That's what is so difficult. Individuals with sociopathic tendencies have a very different public persona to their private one. He has no sense of self & is a chameleon adopting the characteristics and beliefs of those he wants to charm. He knows all the talk...

His parents are intriguing in their "unusualness"... His sister seemed distressed & her body language indicated to me she knew far more than she let on.
It would be no stretch for me to fill in the spaces & see how he could be the killer or at least the accomplice.

This is where we need to be careful. People with these personality disorders are seemingly "regular"... so this man could well be completely innocent of murder but guilty of poor moral choices by our societal standards...

Your recoil after reading the transcript is very telling that you are compassionate & have a sense of authenticity. I hope you're okay. These personality types can really do our heads in...

How can you be so sure about this - do you know all of these people personally / move in (all) their circles??

what do you mean? how can I be so sure about what?my opinion that he has no support? can you clarify? no I don't associate with any of the Baden Clays. or move in the real estate circle. but I am interested in what you are asking me?

Just thinking of another scenario. It seems there is conflict between the two families. One side, has the husband (and perhaps the perp) and the three little girls. Other side, grieving parents, family and best friend.
Seems to me, that those that have the children, have the power at the moment or a lever to keep the Dickies 'in line' at present. It would be difficult to have contact with the grandies, going 'cap in hand' to someone whom at the very least has not been faithful to their daughter and at most, perhaps the perp. Will no doubt also be a contest down the track should their father not be in a position to look after them. All my opinion.

Good point. However, I think people would have had a bit more respect if they appeared as genuinely greiving people. I don't know of anyone who is that cold. Sorry, but I will never be able to understand their actions at all. I think the general public has shed more tears than them.

Something isn't right there. IMO

I think you may be right there... that "something isn't right"...

I still maintain if there is a parent BC involved in this it is probably the maternal...

Hey Minni don't be too hard on yourself. I will bet my parking card that IF GBC is the murderer, then this man is a sociopath. That's what is so difficult. He has a very different public persona to his private one. He has no sense of self & is a chameleon adopting the characteristics and beliefs of those he wants to charm. He knows all the talk...

His parents are intriguing in their "unusualness"... His sister seemed distressed & her body language indicated to me she knew far more than she let on.
It would be no stretch for me to fill in the spaces & see how he could be the killer or at least the accomplice.

This is where we need to be careful. People with these personality disorders are seemingly "regular"... so this man could well be completely innocent of murder but guilty of poor moral choices by our societal standards...

Your recoil after reading the transcript is very telling that you are compassionate & have a sense of authenticity. I hope you're okay. These personality types can really do our heads in...

Thanks Inanna...maybe I have been had..I feel so distraught. I really cant explain it, but I am aware of and reasonably well read on sociopaths and as such I shouldn't be feeling so upset as I do. I don't understand my reaction to this but should probably take a time out :)

There was a link on here vefore to a lovely letter the dickies wrote that I want to show my husband now I cant find it.

Does anyone have it?

It was a fascinating look into his mind. Think I learned more about him on that blog than anywhere else.
I thought it quite sickening to see him preach personal responsibility, team work etc etc.
One thing I do notice there appears to be no occasion when he doesn't throw in the Baden Powell links.

I'm surprised they didn't call themselves Baden-Powell-Clay.... bet they were tempted.
All IMO only

Yes I agree re the surname...he tried to make himself sound far more important than he really was I think...show pony always big noting himself.

"In business, it's simple: never lie," he told The Courier-Mail in 2008.

"For starters, it's the wrong thing to do but secondly you will always get caught out and usually when you least expect it.

"There are just too many people, too many personalities, too many trails ... and too much to lose."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...built-on-honesty/story-e6freoof-1226340594889

So what about personal life...lie & cheat all you want & think people will believe you??

There was a link on here vefore to a lovely letter the dickies wrote that I want to show my husband now I cant find it.

Does anyone have it?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7968941&postcount=789"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #13[/ame]

you are all right - there is no uniform and proper way to show grief and there is no guideline on how to behave when the media is bearing down on you.

But when you have been basically a media *advertiser censored* all your life - and now you want them to go away under the pretext of maintaining 'normalacy' it makes us all a bit curious and wonder what is motivating this change.

A media *advertiser censored* your whole life? I've never seen him in the media before.(other than the you tube video and bRel estate blog that has recently come to light) But agree there is no proper way. and most of us thankfully will never have to be in the situation. Opinions on people are natural. But persecutions can get a bit much without yet factual knowledge of crimes comitted.

Not sure if this has been posted before and I missed it. Delete it if it has.
Transcript of a speech GBC gave to student leaders at Kenmore State High School
http://expertrealestate.blogspot.co.nz/2008/02/making-history.html
As was alluded to in an earlier thread, one can be very good at 'speaking the speak' ; but 'walking the talk' is a different matter. E.g. I recall from an earlier thread on this forum, that the alleged POI kept notes on conversations with people, but did not really bother with the relationship all that much. I recall that this 'scared' some people who had subsequent dealing with the POI because he has remembered the dogs name etc. It turned out that he had kept notes of only cursory conversation, for his own purposes without the peoples knowledge.

I think you may be right there... that "something isn't right"...

I still maintain if there is a parent BC involved in this it is probably the maternal...

That's interesting. Why do you think it's more likely to be the mother? {I'm not asking this in a smart way, just curious.} :)

Not sure if this has been posted before and I missed it. Delete it if it has.
Transcript of a speech GBC gave to student leaders at Kenmore State High School
http://expertrealestate.blogspot.co.nz/2008/02/making-history.html

I read this and thought 'I bet this speech was received really well in that room on that day'. However, a couple of points IMO:

It is a good example of a well structured speech - compliment the audience, build credibility by stating you know other successful people when talking about success, let the audience get to know you, share experiences, etc.

I believe he met the criteria of writing a good speech. Not sure of how he delivered it, but GBC seems to be ok at public speaking, so he probably did a good job.

Something that it lacks, with the luxury of hindsight, is honesty and credibility - some of the content does not reflect what he practiced (from what I have heard about him in recent times - IMO). By this, I mean it appears that he was making choices in his own life that undermined the message he was sending.

Because of this, I don't get the warm fuzzies when I read this. Had I heard that speech that day, without any knowledge of his personal choices, I probably would have thought it was pretty inspirational.

But IMO, anyone can give a good speech using the right formula.

On the subject of the talk he gave... am I right in thinking he could have had that speech written for him? Seems to me, being in the public eye he should be use to coming across in an impressive way. I guess I'm saying just because he can give a good speech, it doesn't mean it's the 'real' him? JMO

A media *advertiser censored* your whole life? I've never seen him in the media before.(other than the you tube video and bRel estate blog that has recently come to light) But agree there is no proper way. and most of us thankfully will never have to be in the situation. Opinions on people are natural. But persecutions can get a bit much without yet factual knowledge of crimes comitted.

in terms of a media *advertiser censored* - I think it is someone who looks for the limelight and loves to push self promotion at every media opportunity - please tell me that you don't think his blog his speeches his profile within the community aren't designed to self promote?

Minni, you're deeply attached to this case as we all are. The transcript shows a different side to the GBC that we have all created. In saying that we all must realise that by surmising someone's character based on half facts and media related information, it is easy to fall into mob mentality. I am guilty of this and am the first to berate myself for doing so. Are we fictionalising events and personalities here? Perhaps we should think on this before posting. It is easy to point the finger and harder to see the truth behind our own moral mirrors. Hang in there Minni! Xx

Absolutely it does! Yes, way beyond different people responding differently. Just a simple public thank you to all the Emergency workers and police for searching for their beloved daugher-in-law would have been a basic courtesy even from people who are very private.
Yay! Agreed.

Greg, I would say BC seniors own it. I have seen it in BC seniors carport on day of raid, NBC driving it away from I think the Indro police station, and leaving BC seniors house.
IMO

thanks whatif!

Thanks, this is a list of all his articles on Allison too...very good view from Canada:

http://www.crookedincanada.com/tag/allison-baden-clay/

:jail:

Please excuse me if this has been posted before re Allison local resident.

http://gibberjabble.wordpress.com/2012/05/05/the-mystery-of-allison-baden-clay/

"The Dickies made an emotional, desperate public plea for help at a full-on news conference – he made a brief statement outside his parents place where he talked about himself. “I’ve done everything ….” At some point he also spoke about “my daughters” before Allison was found. Freudian slip?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname