Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #18 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, but here's this - he allegedly attacked 3 women in Safeway parking lots. That's HUGE risk taking behavior. So, that leads me to believe part of the "thrill" of it was possibly getting caught?

I don't like to compare too much to those crimes, because they were so long ago. I have a hard time believing he has not done anything since then, so I think he just got smarter about it.

I am still open to the possibility that he is just a serial rapist and not a murderer. This *might* have been an accident, which could explain the folded clothing and careful placing of the bag. But its also possible he has just escalated in his crimes.

JMO

It's my belief that his drawing should be scrutinized as it gives insight into his thought processes. Much the same as children's drawings reveal their thoughts at the time of the drawing. I think the drawing reveals a lot about him consciously and subconsciously. I'd like to be able to read what is written above the mushroom as well as the writing on the right side of the page near the bottom right corner. There is also something written further up on the right that I can't make out yet. The drawing may reveal how he feels about death and even how a body is handled after death. Then again, it may all be nothing but to decide that I have to look at it and try to decipher it, from a purely layman POV, of course. I'll have to wait now until Tuesday as I have too much going on right now.

I like to look at everything, absolutely everything, and then decide how it fits into the big picture or even if it does at all.

I don't feel like we are wasting our time on anything we look at. If we later decide that something has no value and we throw it out the window at least we have crossed it off the list.

IMO, we would be remiss not to view every shred of information we have access to and decide how or if it contributes to the puzzle.

If he did practice Santeria might that give clues as to how he would dispose of a body? IDK, but it is worth looking at, IMO.

As far as the subject of rape, if it is part of his MO it needs to be looked at as part of the whole picture as well. Unfortunately, I do believe he raped her and it is part and parcel to his MO. I do not believe he was killing just to be killing. Her clothes were in her bag and I believe she was left naked. Every action or inaction on his part is up for scrutiny, IMO.

All just my own opinion.

If there is some evidence of sexual assault...this could also be another charge that could be added, which could affect sentencing...especially if the murder charge did not prevail...so it is important, IMO.

It would be good to know how long he had independent access to a car. If he hung out a lot with his friends, then they might have insight into what roads and areas they would drive to smoke a joint and party and 'feel safe."

Okay, but here's this - he allegedly attacked 3 women in Safeway parking lots. That's HUGE risk taking behavior. So, that leads me to believe part of the "thrill" of it was possibly getting caught?

BBM
None of this directed at your post, SurfieTX .. just using it as a jumping off point.

FWIW I am in no way defending him, but it does bother me that many posts here do not use the above bolded word .. allegedly or alleged. He seems to have already been convicted in this forum. Isn't he innocent until such time as he is proven guilty in a court of law?

All of the above is just my opinion and am prepared for all flame throwing!

BBM
None of this directed at your post, SurfieTX .. just using it as a jumping off point.

FWIW I am in no way defending him, but it does bother me that many posts here do not use the above bolded word .. allegedly or alleged. He seems to have already been convicted in this forum. Isn't he innocent until such time as he is proven guilty in a court of law?

He has been linked forensically 100% to at least one of the three Safeway crimes. Since they were all performed around the same time frame, same place, same way LE is currently trying to link him to all three.

In my opinion, some of the inconsistencies in this case, besides the part the media plays and the vague information released about the Jetta that first time, has come for the Sheriff herself. Laurie Smith is a figurehead, the boss. She is not personally investigating this crime. For instance, I know that she said, "SL scent is lost at her driveway" and "her books were found near the bag" or something like that.

As the face of the office, she does interviews, etc., based on information from her team. I think sometimes, she didn't have the absolute facts before she spoke, but was going off the debriefs she received from her team.

Add to this the fact, that there are several agencies, including the FBI, working this case, the "public information" released may have inconsistencies due to that fact.

Here's a recent article about how the Sheriff caught local Police Agencies off guard in terms of releasing information about missing persons in this County. During her press conference in regards to ATG being arrested, she mentioned the number of missing persons in the County and wondering out loud if some of them were abductions. So, I think, although she's the boss, she's somewhat removed from the grit and grime of investigations and she may also be the cause of some of the confusion surrounding information that has been released to the public.

JMO..

http://www.mercurynews.com/campbell...earch-www.mercurynews.com-www.mercurynews.com

And another article on same thing:

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/...cle_fc9e9720-a6af-11e1-a398-001a4bcf6878.html

BBM

He is presumed innocent in the eyes of the law only, until the charges are proven in court. Presumed innocence does not apply to the public as it is a legal term. If he were truly innocent until proven otherwise, he would not have been arrested, or at least would have been arrested and then let go prior to being charged.

In my opinion, some of the inconsistencies in this case, besides the part the media plays and the vague information released about the Jetta that first time, has come for the Sheriff herself. Laurie Smith is a figurehead, the boss. She is not personally investigating this crime. For instance, I know that she said, "SL scent is lost at her driveway" and "her books were found near the bag" or something like that.

As the face of the office, she does interviews, etc., based on information from her team. I think sometimes, she didn't have the absolute facts before she spoke, but was going off the debriefs she received from her team.

Add to this the fact, that there are several agencies, including the FBI, working this case, the "public information" released may have inconsistencies due to that fact.

Here's a recent article about how the Sheriff caught local Police Agencies off guard in terms of releasing information about missing persons in this County. During her press conference in regards to ATG being arrested, she mentioned the number of missing persons in the County and wondering out loud if some of them were abductions. So, I think, although she's the boss, she's somewhat removed from the grit and grime of investigations and she may also be the cause of some of the confusion surrounding information that has been released to the public.

JMO..

http://www.mercurynews.com/campbell...earch-www.mercurynews.com-www.mercurynews.com

I think some of it was also done on purpose so AGT would feel safe and go about his business as usual. jmo

I need to look at the map and pretend I'm him driving which is so hard to do when you never been in that area before. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you came out of her driveway, and didn't turn right or left and went straight is that the road where the shed is? Can someone help me out?

Wonder what this could mean - He then used a piece of metal from the shorts he wore to etch in the phrase "I seen it," into a bench in his cell.

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981359414

ETA: This article goes into detail on his previous arrests

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/...cle_1892bd02-a6ca-11e1-b53e-0019bb30f31a.html

I am going to take a wild guess and say since it was etched on the bench his thinking was "I've seen this crap (s-word) before

I am going to take a wild guess and say since it was etched on the bench his thinking was "I've seen this crap (s-word) before

It's very interesting to note that he get's very angry, and then apologizes rather quickly - maybe the bag -placing really was an apology of sorts???

He was screaming at cops, but then later says he didn't think they should do that.

Vandalizes his cell, but writes an apology letter.

Was asked to clean up the toilet, he did.

Throws AC unit out of the window, and gets into a fight, because he had a baby on the way and didn't want "tweakers" around.

He is a very contradictory person, imo.

ALL JMO

It's very interesting to note that he get's very angry, and then apologizes rather quickly - maybe the bag -placing really was an apology of sorts???

He was screaming at cops, but then later says he didn't think they should do that.

Throws AC unit out of the window, and gets into a fight, because he had a baby on the way and didn't want "tweakers" around.

ALL JMO
Sounds like someone with anger problems, wonder if he's ever taken any anger management classes. Seems like he lets his anger control him, acts impulsively and then shortly after becomes remorseful and realizes that what he did was irrational.

ALL JMO

I think that is why he was seen as ' the good son.' It seems like he did at least try to be a good son and husband and father. He was the only man left in the family and he tried to be there for them and to work and be a family man. It just wasn't possible to overcome the urges, sadly.

Sounds like someone with anger problems, wonder if he's ever taken any anger management classes. Seems like he lets his anger control him, acts impulsively and then shortly after becomes remorseful and realizes that what he did was irrational.

Yes, he took anger management and parenting classes to get some charges dropped.

He shows a classic sign of an abuser and throughout his years he learned if he says he is sorry it worked. I'm willing to bet that before he kidnapped SL he has an argument with his wife or mother. He does without a doubt have an issue of a woman asserting authority over him. That is his TRIGGER! Wonder if he passed SL and did a cat call at her and she told him to buzz off, and it set him off. It could not even be a verbal thing for him, just a certain look or they look away from them.

It seems he exerts zero control over his rage. We know he was assigned anger management discipline in the past.

His family considers him an outdoor type & we've seen nothing to refute that. I think this has given him a huge advantage in concealing his victim. He knows the territory in and around Morgan Hill, Gilroy, San Martin very well. I think he knew where he was taking Sierra that morning but the place and manner of disposal may have been an afterthought.

I'm hoping they will eventually search that old farmhouse near San Martin. There are wells, silos, various things that I'm able to see on google earth.

What's this farmhouse? I have seen reference to it but I must have been reading too fast when it was first bought up, can you fill me in? Ta!

SL comes across as a gal with moxy and some street smarts. After all that "Do you feel lucky" comment gives me that impression and her other tuff talk. She is also a very pretty girl and I'm willing to bet she knew when a guy's eyes were on her.

I am really starting to think that a video either captured the abduction, and or video showing her in his vehicle passed out. They knew where she was in that vehicle and got DNA, they knew what she was wearing that morning because of it, they are charging him with murder without a body. Yes, LE has a lot more then we realize I think.

Edit to add: My bet on them looking at the same park for days now is because the last witness or camera that captured that car was heading very close to that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname