LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very, very unlikely. Mickey and Charlie are close as can be. She would have made contact by now, if she were able.

Where does Charlie think Mickey slept Friday night? Do you know?
It's been reported that Charlie last exchanged texts with Mickey at 11:45PM Friday night.

Shouldn't they have met up back at their P's house to get some shuteye before the graduation ceremony on Saturday?
When Mickey was not present the next morning, where did Charlie think she was staying?

In order: the area was deserted at 2 a.m. Lafayette streets get amazingly quiet at that hour, even some bigger ones. Doubtful anyone would have seen any suspicious move by the perp.

Working with a nearby vehicle, why ride the bike away? It would have gone in the bed/trunk, or been left there.

I'm not sure what would lure her anywhere, unless it was someone she knew. Maybe someone she knew pulled up alongside? Possible.

Passed out and scooped up? Probably not. Brettly said she wasn't drinking that night. She may have felt sick and tired, but she was in good physical shape and young. The only caveat would have been if she were slipped something in food or drink that MADE her feel sick and like going home. I'd be curious to know if she ate or drank anything at Artmosphere - even water. BUT, you'd think that if she was slipped something, it would have taken effect by the time they got home and drove to Taco Bell. So, not likely.

Stopped at a friend's house? Maybe.... but there were no other messages on her phone. I kind of doubt she would bike to another friend's house after telling Brettly she was going home... and feeling sick.

Run away? Very unlikely. She was very close with her family and her brother was graduating, and by now with the national attention, if she had any conscience at all and saw her tormented family, she would have made contact. And everyone who has known her has said she as happy and pretty stable.
Going to respond in order as well.
LE is looking for 3 specific vehicles as we know, that means there were people in the area at that time, not to mention others not shown in videos and people at the gas station.
If their intent was to steal the bike, my point was that they didn't need a vehicle for that. And if they were working together to kidnap somebody, then they weren't looking for a bike in the first place.
People do some very disturbing things, like put baby carriages on the side of the road to lure people near, or feign injury in a specific location.
Can't argue with your logic on the scooped up part.
Stopping at the friend's house is a tricky angle, but we have very little backdrop to the story to work with, but is in the realm of possibility.
I don't believe she ran away either.

Thanks, I got corrected earlier. That does contradict whoever said she always rode against traffic. I tell you, if I were riding a bike in Lafayette, I SURE would ride against traffic to see who was coming at me texting and driving. Some ridiculously bad drivers here. Combined with the horrible crazy-quilt roads and the influx of new people after Katrina, Lafayette is the worst driving situation I have ever seen, anywhere. Like the Wild West.

I agree, 100%.

BW said she typically drove against traffic, I wonder what changed that night?

Has the print about the bike being submerged been verified? This morning I read that LE isn't releasing the condition or exact location (water or land) of the bike, I assumed for the purpose of interrogation once a suspect turns up.

Personally, I feel that LE knows more about what's going on than they're letting on. They're withholding information for sure--about the bike, about whether or not she was seen on camera later on (where the truck and car were spotted, for instance, or on the funeral home cameras or further down). They made mention of those vehicles but don't seem to have any interest in potential witnesses at the gas station (from looking at the pics, I believe the customers paid inside and not at the pump with a credit card). They didn't search the Whiskey Bay area for long--and the Atchafalaya Basin that this area is a part of is HUGE, it would take DAYS to search the entirety. I think it's strategic and I wouldn't be surprised if within the next few days there's a break in the case.

It's been reported that Charlie last exchanged texts with Mickey at 11:45PM Friday night.

Shouldn't they have met up back at their P's house to get some shut eye before the graduation ceremony on Saturday?
When Mickey was not present the next morning, where did Charlie think she was staying?

I have no idea. Good question. I wonder when Charlie realized, "she's missing?"

In regard to the questions about hospitals being checked immediately... it's been a week so I don't think I can find the link but I read last Sunday night that her family was asked to do that by police as well as check again with all known friends when they had initially attempted to report her missing. I know how important sources are so I'll take a look but I believe that was read in a news report by KATC or a similar local outlet.

Edit: http://www.nbc33tv.com/news/local-n...-it-home-community-search-party-seeks-answers

"When Shunick’s family had not heard from her all day on Saturday, they began to worry. They started off by calling around to hospitals. When that failed to provide results, they went to the police."

She was riding with traffic in the photo LE released.

BW said that she would have gone against the traffic and on the sidewalk IF she was driving down Congress toward her home. I don't believe anyone stated that she consistently drove against traffic while cycling. It would seem she deliberately took the main street bike paths that evening -- Versailles to St. John and into St.Landry all have designated bike lanes and she was shown going in the direction of the car traffic.

"When Shunick’s family had not heard from her all day on Saturday, they began to worry. They started off by calling around to hospitals. When that failed to provide results, they went to the police."

What a horrible, sinking feeling....

I hate to have to even imagine the scenario, but it would not take much to get Mickey and the bike in under a minute. Clip the back of the bike with the car or truck fender; the bike and rider go down; ease past and be out the door quickly. Bike in back (if a pickup truck), dazed rider in front. Anyone who would do this kind of thing will have a weapon to guarantee captive does not escape.

That's pretty close to what I've imagined.

I can't even imagine... I just hope that they are able to move on from this soon, from closure or preferably, her miraculous safe return.

I'm not sure where they come from. It's awful far from the Gulf, and the Basin spreads wide and you'd think it would act as a buffer, like a shock absorber. But you are right about the divers. I am probably wrong.

But I think if the bike was dumped off I-10, it probably hit at about the shoreline, NOT in deep water. The water's pretty low right now due to drught. The rain may have moved it a bit.

Tides ebb and flow because of the gravitational pull of the moon. It has nothing to do with being an outlet to the gulf or that distance.

BW said that she would have gone against the traffic and on the sidewalk IF she was driving down Congress toward her home. I don't believe anyone stated that she consistently drove against traffic while cycling. It would seem she deliberately took the main street bike paths that evening -- Versailles to St. John and into St.Landry all have designated bike lanes and she was shown going in the direction of the car traffic.

Biking in the same direction as traffic in Lafayette is crazy, bike lane or no. You'd have to see this town to believe how bad the traffic is, and I think anyone living here would agree.

Where does Charlie think Mickey slept Friday night? Do you know? It's been reported that Charlie last exchanged texts with Mickey at 11:45PM Friday night. Shouldn't they have met up back at their P's house to get some shut eye before the graduation ceremony on Saturday?

In one of the interviews early on I believe CS said that she was staying with friends in Baton Rouge on Friday night.

Tides ebb and flow because of the gravitational pull of the moon. It has nothing to do with being an outlet to the gulf or that distance.

But at some point the tidal effect has to lessen, doesn't it? I thought that is you had a really huge, wide area it would act sort of like a shock absorber, as opposed to a narrow cut? But I'm out of my scientific depth here.

That said, the Atchafalaya is one of the deepest rivers in the world, believe it or not. So I guess that's a lot of water mass moving with the tide, and may well be able to push the Basin water around pretty good, like a master cylinder on a car.

Shouldn't they have met up back at their P's house to get some shuteye before the graduation ceremony on Saturday?

Especially since it's been said (By BW I believe) that MS didn't stay over at peoples houses.

I agree with most of this. But still don't answer how any of us can assert that he/them took off with her in that common truck model. We don't know that she in those trucks. Right?

No we don't know, speaking for myself of course. It would sure be helpful if LE would update the investigation and rule the truck/s & caddy, either in or out as VOIs and their occupants as POIs or suspects..

Due to instinct & experience, I am leaning towards the caddy, myself.

I agree, 100%.

BW said she typically drove against traffic, I wonder what changed that night?

Has the print about the bike being submerged been verified? This morning I read that LE isn't releasing the condition or exact location (water or land) of the bike, I assumed for the purpose of interrogation once a suspect turns up.

Personally, I feel that LE knows more about what's going on than they're letting on. They're withholding information for sure--about the bike, about whether or not she was seen on camera later on (where the truck and car were spotted, for instance, or on the funeral home cameras or further down). They made mention of those vehicles but don't seem to have any interest in potential witnesses at the gas station (from looking at the pics, I believe the customers paid inside and not at the pump with a credit card). They didn't search the Whiskey Bay area for long--and the Atchafalaya Basin that this area is a part of is HUGE, it would take DAYS to search the entirety. I think it's strategic and I wouldn't be surprised if within the next few days there's a break in the case.

Without a doubt, footage is being reviewed as we speak and a thorough investigation is being conducted. I feel as if the Chevrolet z71 has been seen more than once and that is the footage being withheld. The fact that a search of Whiskey Bay was called off gives us all we need to know from the FBI profiler's perspective.

And you do not even have to bump someone with a car to get them off their bike. Al you really need to do is GRAB THEM or SHOVE THEM. It is actually very simple to do. I was amazed to see how easy it was when I saw a video fo some bike thieves who were stealing expensive mountain bikes right out from under riders. Bicyclists are incredibly vulnerable to someone walking by them.

All you need to do is give them a good hard forceful shove at their shoulders and they will almost always tip over.

Why didn't I think of that?! Just put your hand out of the window and 'Boop!'

Argh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads