LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too vague - may be connected, maybe not - need a lineup - too bad no license plate number as that would be helpful -

look for damage on front end of white pick up truck - could be hit and run -

cops aren't divulging the condition of the bike or exact details of how it was found (meaning position) because they want to question the person if someone claims to have been the one to put it there.

Tom S. called out to go to an oil rig that night. When did you learn MS was missing? Close to noon on Sunday. Wife didn't tell him about it earlier but seemed upset about something when he spoke to her earlier. Sunday he flew out on the helicopter. Why did family delay calling police? You mean when my wife called it in? Ya. Well, they were hoping she would show up. It just took awhile because BW had said she took her normal route home (huh?). Kept hoping she'd come home after she didn't turn up for the graduation. :waitasec:

BW on TV now. Trying to process - we found her bike, the next step is to find her. He's doing the best he can. Community is supportive and he's there for the Shunick's and they're there for him.

Saturday evening, IIRC

I read the graduation was at 9am last Saturday. I gotta search for a source again...

Edit: 11:30 a.m. May 19: The Acadiana High School graduation takes place at the Cajundome. Shunick’s brother, Thomas Zachariah Shunick, graduates. The family becomes increasingly concerned when Shunick does not appear at the graduation and they are not able to locate her.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120527/NEWS01/120527002/TIMELINE-disappearance-Mickey-Shunick

I stayed behind to watch. This is on a channel called HLN. It's on CNN too?

This just breaks my heart. Good for them.... going viral enough to get it on national TV. Maybe someone will see her. Hope it won't drive the perp further underground, as it could.

I know that if someone who is otherwise reliable is even 10-15 minutes late and doesn't answer their phone (or especially if it is off), I start to panic immediately. I just really cannot comprehend not calling hospitals and reporting her missing much, much sooner unless she had not come home before.

Not that that makes her a bad person or responsible or anything like that, but I just don't understand her family's reasoning.

I've been following this case and the key seems to be the Video Cams near the Circle K but the exact sequence isn't explained. Check out the Find Mickey link : http://findmickeynow.com/
In LPD 2 we have the white Chevy z71 traveling west. Note the brown hatch back in the left bay of the gas station. The right bay is empty. Scroll down and there is the unlabeled picture of Mickey passing the Circle K. I believe this was time stamped at 1:48. Note the same brown hatchback in the left bay with the right bay empty. Scroll down to the next picture. It is the same white Chevy z71 going east; the opposite direction. Note that the brown hatchback is still there but now a white sedan in the right bay. We don't know the time the latest frame but I suspect it is after the first frame of that white Chevy. The brown hatchback is still there; it wouldn't have been more than a minute or two. This is it, the white Chevy turned around and returned east on St Landry in a very short timeframe at the same time Mickey was riding that direction. People change their plans, forget something or even get lost, but is unusual for a driver to turn around and go back on a stretch of road in the middle of the night. Too much of a coincidence.

White 4 dr Chevy z71 P/U's are not all that common in California. I'm betting they are not all the common out there. This is the vehicle they want to locate. Maybe, just maybe the driver is only a witness. The bike was dumped 27 miles east. I'll bet he was headed to the Baton Rouge area.

'

Check the North Side (of Lafayette)

Been doing that for several days now. Being from lafayette you can imagine how many vehicles I've looked at. None yet though with the noticeable damage. But on the upside I think my presence has thwarted a good bit of potential crimes because everyone learned real quick Ive been doing surveillance in the neighborhood :D

i posted this a couple of threads ago, but it was around the time the bike was located and discussion took off from there. just wanted to repost to get your thoughts. please compare the circle area in both pics.

View attachment 22763

you can see the curb on circle k side almost all the way to the corner

View attachment 22765

in this one there is something in front of the curb.

could this be a 3rd white truck? it looks to me to be the rear end of a white truck. if the timing is right, as per the location of people and cars in the circle k parking lot, this person must have also just crossed paths with mickey.

To me it looks like a person (blue top, white tee) standing in the street, what do you guys think - It could just be an artifact from the cam.
picture.jpg

I like Lake Charles because they have the closest Long John Silver's to me.

I'm actually headed for my first trip to New Orleans in June!

I first visited NOLA during June, was immediately besotted. Am still besotted.

Last* OT for me, I promise.

*in this thread

I've been following this case and the key seems to be the Video Cams near the Circle K but the exact sequence isn't explained. Check out the Find Mickey link : http://findmickeynow.com/
In LPD 2 we have the white Chevy z71 traveling west. Note the brown hatch back in the left bay of the gas station. The right bay is empty. Scroll down and there is the unlabeled picture of Mickey passing the Circle K. I believe this was time stamped at 1:48. Note the same brown hatchback in the left bay with the right bay empty. Scroll down to the next picture. It is the same white Chevy z71 going east; the opposite direction. Note that the brown hatchback is still there but now a white sedan in the right bay. We don't know the time the latest frame but I suspect it is after the first frame of that white Chevy. The brown hatchback is still there; it wouldn't have been more than a minute or two. This is it, the white Chevy turned around and returned east on St Landry in a very short timeframe at the same time Mickey was riding that direction. People change their plans, forget something or even get lost, but is unusual for a driver to turn around and go back on a stretch of road in the middle of the night. Too much of a coincidence.

White 4 dr Chevy z71 P/U's are not all that common in California. I'm betting they are not all the common out there. This is the vehicle they want to locate. Maybe, just maybe the driver is only a witness. The bike was dumped 27 miles east. I'll bet he was headed to the Baton Rouge area.

These types of vehicles are VERY common in my area and in Louisiana. For instance, if you were to survey any parking lot in the area, I'd say at least 80% of vehicles are pickup trucks.

There is. I was on Robley yesterday and looked down side streets and saw many of them.

I live in walkers lake subdivision and there is one z71 and it's work related. But I'm sure you are right. It is a popular truck.

Thanks, I got corrected earlier. That does contradict whoever said she always rode against traffic. I tell you, if I were riding a bike in Lafayette, I SURE would ride against traffic to see who was coming at me texting and driving. Some ridiculously bad drivers here. Combined with the horrible crazy-quilt roads and the influx of new people after Katrina, Lafayette is the worst driving situation I have ever seen, anywhere. Like the Wild West.

I believe it is law here that if you ride in the roadway, you must ride WITH traffic.

No one has said that Mickey rode in the road against traffic.

Brettly said that once she reached West Congress, she would have ridden on the sidewalk on the left side of the road.

Was there more than one ceremony that day? I'm unclear when you say the last graduation. When was the first one? Was there a second?

9 am
11:30 am
2 pm
4:30 pm
7 pm

There are 5 public high schools in Lafayette. Based on where Mickey was traveling to, the school they are zoned for would have been at 11:30 am, but it is possible that the brother attended one of the other schools because they have a 'school of choice' system here that gives them specialized training outside of their normal school zone. Private school graduations were on different days.

waterway info - (missed it)
alligators like decomposing flesh
we have to get in there to see if her body is there as the body won't stay intact for long. (you mean they haven't?)

Tom S is keeping hope that Mickey is still alive. He can't bring himself to think anything else.

In Texas, the law states to ride against traffic unless there is a bike path. That is, unless they've changed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bk97821