LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aiiieeee!! Run!!!

If NG has some Mickey content, though, please those with TV access, keep us informed.

Since NG seems up to date on recent events concerning the MS case leads me to wonder if this was an extra show. I don't usually look for NG on Sunday night!??

Though that begs the question, of course if it did happen to be a drunk driving accident, why they didn't just do a hit and run.

I said the same thing a few posts back and didn't get a response. I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking it. Likely someone with prior DUIs who can't afford another due to risk of jail time. Many people in this town have drinking problems. Its not speculation, its fact. I see mugshots everyday and majority are alcohol related arrests.

I don't know what the person was thinking, as I am not depraved, but here's another angle. What if we assume it is the truck that hit her. That area of town is rampant with homeless, a lot of which either walk or ride bikes. Perhaps he hit her thinking she was someone that no one would miss?

I agree with this.

When we were discussing human trafficking people brought up that they normally pick prostitutes or people who are down an out. Who's to say they didn't believe that a girl riding a bike at 2 am wasn't one of those people? I've seen some prostitutes in the Lafayette area, and I can say that they don't all dress/look like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman.

When did the Spring semester end in Lafayette?

May-5 at the latest. I was finished with my finals May 4. Nightlife since school let out has been on the up and up, many people have been out to bars lately. The bar the Mickey was last seen, Artmosphere, usually contains more of the outcast crowd.

Since NG seems up to date on recent events concerning the MS case leads me to wonder if this was an extra show. I don't usually look for NG on Sunday night!??

It is Monday.

There is what appears to be a large white mass extending a good distance beyond the blue/purple "shirt" that is not in the other pic with Mickey riding by. I still believe it is a white vehicle. Maybe they turned right and made an immediate right into circle k and it is the white car/truck in the second gas station bay in one of the pics? Or an unrelated vehicle that had just passed Mickey and took off for parts unknown.

To me it looks like the lighter color vehicle had just left the circle k. Pulled out and took a right to light. May help with the time frame. He was already done pumping and forgot something/ran inside for it and left. Meanwhile dark colored car is still there and that is why it is in the other photos.
That gas station is virtually impossible to turn around in.

Though that begs the question, of course if it did happen to be a drunk driving accident, why they didn't just do a hit and run.

I said the same thing a few posts back and didn't get a response. I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking it. Likely someone with prior DUIs who can't afford another due to risk of jail time. Many people in this town have drinking problems. Its not speculation, its fact. I see mugshots everyday and majority are alcohol related arrests.

Because with a hit and run, evidence from the truck/car would be left on the bike. Paint, etc. A drunk who's not totally in the bag, esp. one with prior OWIs, as so many in Lafayette have, might think fast enough to scoop up the evidence quick... especially if there was someone else in the truck/car to help them think.

This could be the case, but I wonder why she would accept a ride from somebody she knew when she was already on her way home. If she didn't feel up to the ride, wouldn't she have asked Brettly to drive her home in the first place?

I have seen many posts stating this, I am not singling you out in particular. But as many times as this has been said nobody has pointed out that he had been drinking. From what I understand taco bell was close to his home, so maybe she felt he was sober enough to drive there, but not the longer drive to her house. Or maybe he was very tired (I know drinking makes me tired) and neither of them wanted to take the risk of him driving her home and getting into a drunk driving accident. Especially since the time when she left his home was when the bars were closing. Seems like a "d@mned if you do, d@mned if you don't" kind of situation.

I'll study this later. I want to rule a coupe in or out. Looks like a 4-door to me, but I'm going to double check - Thanks for the link!

Chickenfried, one thing I noticed is that the wheel well on the back has a square shape to it and you can see th round shape of the tire. Don't Oldsmobiles have more of a straight line over the tire cutting the visual of the tire in half.

But then.... why leave the bike where it could be found? This militates against someone smart enough to take the evidence, but dumb enough to leave it where it could be found. Were it me, I would have found somewhere way more remote.

Did MS's brother speak on television this week?

I know that if someone who is otherwise reliable is even 10-15 minutes late and doesn't answer their phone (or especially if it is off), I start to panic immediately. I just really cannot comprehend not calling hospitals and reporting her missing much, much sooner unless she had not come home before.

Not that that makes her a bad person or responsible or anything like that, but I just don't understand her family's reasoning.

Possibly they thought she had made it home (via her usual route) and then went back out again early?

I agree and it does give some hope she may be alive. Unfortunately, perps such as this have learned with the times so to speak, especially if they are fairly intelligent and educated. DNA and forensics is common knowledge unless you live on the fringe of society.

IMO, this person has offended before and quite frankly he could be of a serial nature. I hope I'm wrong.

It sure seems this way. I am a psychology major and graduate this year. I am pursuing either my Masters or Doctorate degree after i get my undergrad. The probability that the perp has an antisocial personality disorder (psychopath) is a high one. Psychopathy is usually correlated with and abover average IQ. The chance that he planted the bike where a reknown serial killer has placed victims in the past in no coincidence to me. It is simply too eerie.
http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/predators/baton_rouge/index.html

Don't know. Hope not! I do know that aside from y'all, no one is looking for it. It's all, WHITE TRUCK WHITE TRUCK WHITE TRUCK. That's a needle in a haystack! Yes, find the white truck, but the Caddy was the only other car on that road when the truck turned around, and it's crucial to interview the driver.

Actually, although the truck is white and a very common truck. There is something that is uncommon about the truck - it has a CHROME GAS TOP COVER. I looked all weekend, no other trucks I saw had this. So i think this could eliminate a lot of them. Its not to say the perp could change it back to the market gas top - if the chrome was after market.

Chickenfried, one thing I noticed is that the wheel well on the back has a square shape to it and you can see th round shape of the tire. Don't Oldsmobiles have more of a straight line over the tire cutting the visual of the tire in half.

BINGO - that's my problem to solve tonight. A lot of those Olds had wheel skirts.... that one doesn't - BUT - here's the problem - it's got body damage! The skirt could be missing or taken out in a wreck. Also, the lighting is weird, and the repair may be fooling us. The wheel well is bugging me.

I'll figure it out later tonight, combiong through photos.

I also have a problem with the small back window. The olds I've seen don't have that, usually. BUT - there were some high-end dealer-option ones that may have. This is going to take some work. I'm determined to ID that car. I hope LE has already done it. Finding that car should be a gimme.... And it may well be in Batonr Rouge or New Orleans. i say again - if it's in Lafayett, it's on the north side of in Breaux Bridge or Opelousas. There is a BIG old-car culture <modsnip> up there. I've gone up there on a Friday and seen 15 old land yachts at a gas station <modsnip>.

BUT - a young dude likely would have put rims on his. This dude is one that can't afford them, or an older dude - 35-45, who doesn't care. There are no big rims on the "Caddy." And it's a beater. The north side is FULL of those. But not just there... the little towns down Hwy. 90 - New Iberia, which no one has mentioned.... all along there, I have seen TONS of these beaters <modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oiueroiuweoiruoiwueroiuwe