LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice call. I actually had forgotten that model, and you caught me out. Just checked it, and the crease along the side is too high; it's over the wheel well. Definitely not a Buick.

But good thinking!

It's a Caddy or an Olds, and I way lean Caddy, due to how rare those big Olds are now. People didn't save them because they didn't have the same name cachet as a Caddy.

But later, when it cools down in my house and I can think straight, I'm going to really bore in on the Olds 98 to rule it in or out.

So sorry about your a/c. Do you have a fan at least? Our a/c has gone out at times and I will spray my face, arms and legs with water then sit by the fan.

I saw this post earlier but didn't have time to respond. And now I am about 10 pages behind...forgive me for posting without catching up. At least I have plans to catch up. ;)

Perhaps Mickey only bikes in the same direction as traffic when traffic is very lite (like at 2am-ish)?

I've always thought the law about biking/walking in the same direction as traffic is asinine...MUCH safer to go against traffic...self-survival. Plus it protects bad drivers against themselves.

True, it does seem to me to be safer going against traffic....but I'm pretty certain that cyclists in Louisiana (or at least in the south Louisiana cities I'm familar with, one of which is Lafayette), are required by law to cycle with/in the same direction of traffic.
Friends who are cyclists are sticklers about following the cyclists' traffic rules because they want to follow the rules and have cars' drivers to respect cyclists on the road and share it with them, so they make a point of being law-abiding cyclists. Also, that way, if something does happen, they aren't legally at fault. I'm pretty sure they have to follow the same traffic rules as cars.

That's why I'm upset about their not IDing the "Caddy." I should not be having to do this. This is LE's job, and IMO opinion, on this one issue, they are failing, miserably.

Show that "Caddy" all over national TV and not one car expert from the cops can tell us what it is, yet we're looking for it. To be blunt,

That's Dumb.

I am not 100% up to speed on Mickey's "case", but, perhaps LE is not putting a "label" on what the car is, because they don't want a potential witness for that car not to come forward because, let's say, their friend "Joe" has a car that looks just like that, but, wait, they don't come forward, because it's not a Caddy/Olds/Buick etc.

Also, in other cases I have followed, LE does not necessarily "tell" the public when they are not looking for a vehicle of interest anymore, and more often than not, they release vehicle images for a very specific, and sometimes different reason than what is publicly disclosed. You can almost be convinced with certainty, that whoever caused Mickey's disappearance, if it was not an accident, is following the progress of LE on this case. They may even be involved in searching for her. This also seems to be a very common theme in recent cases that I have followed, and I don't even want to start naming them, because it is depressing.

Locals - Has LE done any roadblocks to canvas vehicles?

Sheba ALWAYS gets through to Nancy Grace. Always. And she always sounds like she has been partying hard before she does it!

I'm just throwing this out there....I keep wondering why there is no evidence of a struggle, which may indicate this person was in law enforcement or security. There's a major scandal going on here right now with 9 Lafayette officers suing the police chief and Lafayette consolidated govt. Also mentioned as a defendant is the head of IA. I may be totally off and believe me I hope I am, but it makes sense.

And what about the cases of motorists in Mississippi being found shot either on the side of the road or in their vehicles with police believing it is someone impersonating a cop?

There have been people arrested here for rape and it was found that they were impersonating a policeman.

Some of the I-45 disappearances in the Houston area have many speculating that it is either a tow truck driver or someone impersonating a cop.

The only person, in my eyes, who has really seemed that upset is Brettly. That, along with the fact that her family waited until the evening to report her missing, makes me believe that she might have not been so reliable in the past even though her family insists she was.

My gut feeling is the same and has been from the get go.

But IMO, and I know there is rare cases, I don't believe criminals are smart. I don't believe they really think before their actions in most cases and I don't believe they thought before hand about DTL or how they would get away with it.

Let's say the filth that did this was real bad filth. Drugged up, cracked out, whatever. I see them seeing a young girl, whether it was one person or a group egging each other on, that thought..."check out this girl by herself"...and that criminal element in their mind snapped on and took her.

True that. They probably couldn't believe a young blonde would actually be riding a bike that late at night and it likely triggered an impulse in their already criminal mind.

I did say that the person driving the white truck was probably from a rural area around Lafayette. Most of the people but not all (apparently i need to say this) that drive a Z71 around here are outdoorsman, hunters, fisherman or the truck is work related(farmer). Most people that live and work in the city do not need a $50,000 4 wheel drive truck.
But it's not about need, IMO...it's about preferences and choices for whatever reasons and being able to afford such.

Still posting while catching up...I may never catch up, LOL... :hug:

Maybe someone should call up LE and tell them you think you have figured out exactly what type of car that is, and then maybe they will say "Oh, we already found that car, thanks..."

You never know.

Well... The times I have been to Artmosphere I was a little creeped out by a few individuals there.

Just my take, as an old 44-y.o, Lafayette neighbor of yours who has spent enough time in local bars and restaurants and went to see a friend's kid's band play at Artmospeher a few years back.... there's an artist crowd among Lafayette youth... a lot of them unsure what their art is. But generally a bit nerdy, brainy, and good people. They have differentiated themselves from a lot of the "River-Ranch" traditional money-making crowd, and their classmates who drive all the nice cars, live in big houses, etc. Same old story forever across America. A lot of them are confused - that's normal too. Good kids, by and large, the self-segregated outcasts who hang together because they're brainy and different - looking for something more. As it always was.

My gut feeling is the same and has been from the get go.

So do you think that she left on her own? Or that BW had something to do with it? Just trying to see where you're coming from. Personally I was hugely suspicious of BW at first, but he seems to have been pretty much cleared. Just my opinion of course.

I definately think it would be a great idea to look into just to see....there are motion activated hunting cameras that private property owners put up to see deer activity and the like in the whiskey bay or shurburne areas. Also camps deer camps hunting blinds and etc.

Oh trust me, I have lots of fun surveillance gadgets all being used right now. :D

So sorry about your a/c. Do you have a fan at least? Our a/c has gone out at times and I will spray my face, arms and legs with water then sit by the fan.

Bedroom fan fell last night from overuse, hanging by one screw, didn't get around to fixing it today. It's hot. No A/C since a house fire in Nov.... last resort, I pour rubbing alcohol on my self and stand in front of a fan. It gets tolerable by 1 a.m.

Well... The times I have been to Artmosphere I was a little creeped out by a few individuals there.

Artmosphere is a hookah bar that is also a venue for local bands. My little brothers band used to play there. The crowd is what we call "hipsters", usually smart and sophisticated young people who are very liberal thinking. They dress a certain way. As you can see by BW's glasses and hat combo. They enjoy indie music and local bands and follow the local band scene. They are typically really nice and engaging and welcoming. Basically the exact opposite of the "jersey shore" type. In my experiences there.

After watching NG tonight, I don't think I can dismiss everyone. JMO

Is there anyone would could lead me to a link of the NG show online? I'd really like to watch this.
I do not have cable tv.

I followed and have been thinking nonstop about Mickey since day 1. I was working all holiday weekend and left just before the video of the trucks/auto was released. Have finally caught up. Much new information to ponder before I can even get a comment out.

Everyone is doing an amazing job-its incredible to see all the locals who have joined and are participating. Thanks to you all~:woohoo:

JMO

A poster yesterday mentioned this RSO and was going to call it in to tips. Just wanted to bring it to this thread because he drives a white truck (see "Vehicles" on tab) and lives fairly close to the intersection where the bike was found.
If I'm not mistaken, the truck they are looking at was a Chev though wasn't it? This truck is a 2008 Ford.

http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=727232&AgencyID=54450

So, it's not the usual college crowd hang out? Would you say the crowd there are more of the 'goth' type? Do you think there are drugs going around?

Wow, I had to skip 30 pages just to keep up with you people!

Here are the images, again:

25382420456C687356A2D6AD8F66BB46_600_600.jpg

mickey1.jpeg

pic2.jpg

mickey2.jpeg

pic1.jpg

picture3auto.jpg

Attachments

• carpicture.jpg
    carpicture.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 24
Status