LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since NG seems up to date on recent events concerning the MS case leads me to wonder if this was an extra show. I don't usually look for NG on Sunday night!??

LOL LOL I thought it was Sunday night, too.

Guess that happens when we get old, eh??? (you, me and Woof)

So even less reason to stop searching so soon, IMO.

I agree. I think LE must have reason to believe that she would not be found in the area. I know that a couple of years ago a woman went missing around here (later we found out that her husband, who was leading the search party, had killed her) and they searched the basin for days. Seems odd that the Whiskey Bay search lasted only one day, especially since it's a pretty large area. I wish we could have a few more facts.

Chicken Fried: What do you think about a 80-85 Buick Park Avenue. I am not questioning your car knowledge, but I think the car in the picture looks more like a Buick Park Avenue from the 80s

Nice call. I actually had forgotten that model, and you caught me out. Just checked it, and the crease along the side is too high; it's over the wheel well. Definitely not a Buick.

But good thinking!

It's a Caddy or an Olds, and I way lean Caddy, due to how rare those big Olds are now. People didn't save them because they didn't have the same name cachet as a Caddy.

But later, when it cools down in my house and I can think straight, I'm going to really bore in on the Olds 98 to rule it in or out.

Yes i am.

With this being a town of lots of people who work offshore, its quite possible the perp does. But i think the father being offshore is just a coincidence. Because even if he was in at the time I dont see how that wouldve made a difference. Its not like she was taken from the home.

And as far as the bike goes, it all depends where it was actually found. If it was on land I think it was recently placed because I know that area has had lots of people all week who woudlve seen it. In the water though, I can see how it wouldnt be discovered until today.

Only time and new evidence will tell. As for me, Im just running around doing my own investigation in hopes some of my ideas and leads pan out. An update from LE would be nice so I could investigate accordingly, but its understandable for them to hold details back
I definately think it would be a great idea to look into just to see....there are motion activated hunting cameras that private property owners put up to see deer activity and the like in the whiskey bay or shurburne areas. Also camps deer camps hunting blinds and etc.

I wish they would have a presser to update if the owners of any of the vehicles have come forward. There are an amazing number of people actively looking for Mickey and it would be awful if LE wastes this manpower by not informing them that their focus could be narrowed. Moo

Me, too.

After watching NG tonight, I don't think I can dismiss everyone. JMO

I watched most of it, what do you mean? I still feel strange about BW but all evidence points to him being uninvolved. I can't imagine a family member being involved but strange things happen.

I wish they would have a presser to update if the owners of any of the vehicles have come forward. There are an amazing number of people actively looking for Mickey and it would be awful if LE wastes this manpower by not informing them that their focus could be narrowed. Moo

That's why I'm upset about their not IDing the "Caddy." I should not be having to do this. This is LE's job, and IMO opinion, on this one issue, they are failing, miserably.

Show that "Caddy" all over national TV and not one car expert from the cops can tell us what it is, yet we're looking for it. To be blunt,

That's Dumb.

The only person, in my eyes, who has really seemed that upset is Brettly. That, along with the fact that her family waited until the evening to report her missing, makes me believe that she might have not been so reliable in the past even though her family insists she was.

To me it looks like the lighter color vehicle had just left the circle k. Pulled out and took a right to light. May help with the time frame. He was already done pumping and forgot something/ran inside for it and left. Meanwhile dark colored car is still there and that is why it is in the other photos.
That gas station is virtually impossible to turn around in.

The photo that the white blurb is in was time stamped on another thread at 1:49. The photo where the white car is in the gas bay with the guy walking to the store door was time stamped 1:51. That is why I was thinking if it is the same car in both photos, then they passed Mickey on st Landry then the st Landry entrance to circle k because they knew it is hard to turn around in the parking lot, so they go to light, make a right, then enter circle k from university entrance. But if it 2 different vehicles, they saw Mickey on st Landry and then departed the area.

I work at a helicopter company. And Saturday morning we crew changed about 17 people. Just at the one base I work at. It's not as busy as the weekday, but there are still some crew changes on the weekends. Also people who are called up and told to be there at first light.
generally people wouldn't be stopping by in Lafayette to kill time or hit the clubs on the way TO work. But they definately do stick around lafayette and party a little before going home to their significant others! Ha ha

I have made that long drive to FORCHON? That is about a desolate place if there was ever one!

Opposite direction from whiskey bay though.

That's why I'm upset about their not IDing the "Caddy." I should not be having to do this. This is LE's job, and IMO opinion, on this one issue, they are failing, miserably.

Show that "Caddy" all over national TV and not one car expert from the cops can tell us what it is, yet we're looking for it. To be blunt,

That's Dumb.

Chicken Fried, I feel like you should e-mail the Nancy Grace Show about this. You could explain what you think the car might be and maybe suggest that NG asks the police if this has been done or have her own car expert on tomorrow night on the air (assuming and hoping she'll continue to cover the case). And maybe call the tip line just to tell them what your thoughts are on the car and suggest that they check it (and add in that "you're sure they have blah blah" because I'm 99.9% sure they or the feds have, but who knows how many people are working on this and all the leads and tips they have to follow up on & all).

ETA: And of course I think this is one of the most important leads they should be (and hopefully are) following up on.

Either stop showing the "Caddy," or ID it.

Come on, LEOs, on this the ball is hugely dropped.... 10 days out.

Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Buick.... They all looked the same to me in the 80's. I know there is slight differences, but they are basically all the same sized car and have same characteristics.

I tell you what bothered me about Nancy Grace. She's boring in on the truck, because of the "media-sexy" child molester thing, and ignoring the Caddy, which may have passed the truck as it turned around, while showing the dang "Caddy" OVER AND OVER AND OVER on her show.

She's screwing it up and steering the investigation because a LOT of people are going to follow her lead.

And maybe, she's RIGHT! But it's too soon to be tossing aside the other vehicle on that tape without even a cursory examination, while silently showing it to all of America.

DUMB

typasus3, where did you find those particular photos with time stamps. I have not been able to find any time stamps on any photos with the gas station in them. please direct me to those.

To the other locals, I rode up and down from the house on ryan to the end of st. landry and cannot find the area pictured in the old car photos. Do any other locals know where the pics were taken?

Chicken Fried, I feel like you should e-mail the Nancy Grace Show about this. You could explain what you think the car might be and maybe suggest that NG asks the police if this has been done or have her own car expert on tomorrow night on the air (assuming and hoping she'll continue to cover the case). And maybe call the tip line just to tell them what your thoughts are on the car and suggest that they check it (and add in that "you're sure they have blah blah" because I'm 99.9% sure they or the feds have, but who knows how many people are working on this and all the leads and tips they have to follow up on & all).

ETA: And of course I think this is one of the most important leads they should be (and hopefully are) following up on.

Thanks for that... I wonder what the most effective way to proceed might be? First, I should firm up my ID on the "Caddy."

Missed dinner - I need to recharge....

I think the old guy who picked up that girl one afternoon and asked to pay her 80 bucks for sex is a red herring. It just seems like a sick ol perv, but he did not force her into his car and did not harm her when she denied him. So I don't think he is the perp in this case, jmo.

I'm with the poster who asked why people are so suspicious of someone who was a guest on NG. I watched about half the show....the only guests were BW, Mickey's dad and sister. Is someone thinking there is something out of line with one of these folks?

Biking in the same direction as traffic in Lafayette is crazy, bike lane or no. You'd have to see this town to believe how bad the traffic is, and I think anyone living here would agree.
I saw this post earlier but didn't have time to respond. And now I am about 10 pages behind...forgive me for posting without catching up. At least I have plans to catch up. ;)

Perhaps Mickey only bikes in the same direction as traffic when traffic is very lite (like at 2am-ish)?

I've always thought the law about biking/walking in the same direction as traffic is asinine...MUCH safer to go against traffic...self-survival. Plus it protects bad drivers against themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonderPony