LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
NG rerun on now. Talking about Tasha, the girl who accepts a ride with a strange man in a white truck and is offered $ for sex. Whatever possessed this girl to get into a truck with a stranger. OMG, if I were her mother I would have whipped her 'you know what'! Ridiculous!

Sorry about all the typos. Fingers tired from typing half the day and working on my truck.

Well good night all...

Please, to all the powers that be may Mickey be found soon and hopefully safe.

Speaking of the other cars at Circle K, couldn't LE get the credit receipts from the customers that were there when MS went by? Its possible that they may have seen something.

I think they have the video from the dot cameras that shows the bike being left and nothing else. Jmo.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Hmmm....I hope so...

Respectfully snipped....

I was wondering about the gas station as well. The small dark car was in two pics, one with the truck and one with her on her bike. In the photo with the white truck, there is an additional white car in the gas station. It looks like there is a person leaning against the right rear quarter panel of the dark car and another person walking mid-stride behind the white car. Is it telling that investigators have not released information whether or not they have spoken with the people at the gas station and particularly, the people seen in the photo, or am I reading too much into this?

Also... anyone care to venture to guess re: the make/model of cars in the gas station??

RE: riding against traffic - I'm curious about local biking laws. In Oregon we are required to ride with traffic and act, for all intensive purposes, as though we were a car. Is it legal to ride against traffic in LA? I haven't seen the report where her friend said she usually rode against traffic, but I keep seeing it on this board and it just seems strange to me because we receive citations for that here!

At any rate, in the photo, it looks like she is riding in the lane of traffic and not to the side. Are there wide margins or bike lanes on this road?

I believe everything about this case looks sinister, but seeing the position of her bike in these photos does leave a possibility that she could have been struck by a drunk driver. I've had so many close encounters with cars in broad daylight, while riding in a bike lane, that it doesn't seem too far fetched. Though that begs the question, of course if it did happen to be a drunk driving accident, why they didn't just do a hit and run. :(

Haven't checked the gas-station cars. Do you have a link to them? So many posts.....

The police officer on NG said there are no surveillance cameras on the Whiskey Bay Bridge nor at the exit.

Actually, although the truck is white and a very common truck. There is something that is uncommon about the truck - it has a CHROME GAS TOP COVER. I looked all weekend, no other trucks I saw had this. So i think this could eliminate a lot of them. Its not to say the perp could change it back to the market gas top - if the chrome was after market.
Hello Louisiana, and welcome to WS.

Thank You.

Nancy asked about the delay in calling LE about Mickey's absence. Mickey's dad said that everybody was just hoping that she would turn up.

Any indication that MS was unreliable in the past, i.e., not showing up, being late, etc?

The Lt. Burris said that they weren't revealing any of their cards about the bike until they could find the person they were looking for to ask questions.
Just the way he said it makes me think they have a POI. I could be reaidng into it of course.
They are checking the convenience stores along the exits for surveilance.

The police officer on NG said there are no surveillance cameras on the Whiskey Bay Bridge nor at the exit.

So even less reason to stop searching so soon, IMO.

Have police even mentioned this Cadillac to the public? If not, they may have already found it and cleared the driver?

Speaking of the other cars at Circle K, couldn't LE get the credit receipts from the customers that were there when MS went by? Its possible that they may have seen something.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I assume that's the first thing they checked.

Assumptions are often wrong.

Have police even mentioned this Cadillac to the public? If not, they may have already found it and cleared the driver?

But what about the cams on the basin bridge (the 19 miles bridge that exit 127 - Whiskey Bay is off of)?! We know there are DOTD cameras there!

Poor Charlie. I feel for her so much. I have three sisters and if one of them came up missing I would go through hell to find them. I know this is so painful and scary for her. I have a connection to my sisters, I know when they are in pain I know when they are happy. Stay strong Charlie!

Chicken Fried: What do you think about a 80-85 Buick Park Avenue. I am not questioning your car knowledge, but I think the car in the picture looks more like a Buick Park Avenue from the 80s

It's also possible that these people paid cash. Like many have stated before that circle K is out-skirting the "bad" part of town. I've seen people go in with $3 and put a gallon of gas. Most of the people on that side of town don't have the cash to plunk down on a full tank.

Chicken Fried: What do you think about a 80-85 Buick Park Avenue. I am not questioning your car knowledge, but I think the car in the picture looks more like a Buick Park Avenue from the 80s

Aren't cars registered? Can't the police efficently look up a rare model?

Well, it sure would save the public some effort. A lot of people in this town are helping look, and the police meed to balance the need to withhold info with the fact that the public has way more eyes then the police.

If the Caddy driver has been found, they need to let people know. In such a tight-knit community as Lafayette, the public is the police's best ally. After all, the police didn't find the bike, althought that area should have been searched way early. And maybe it was.

I just hope the police are keeping the public effort in perspective and using it in a synergistic way to maximize the chances of a good outcome.

Chicken Fried~ (and I love Zac Brown, too)

When I Google Images of the Caddy Brougham and the Olds Delta, I can see what you mean about the smaller back window on the Cadillac.
My neighbor had the Olds and it was perfection-chocolate body and a cream top. She passed away about 3 years ago and her son took the hoopdie.

I wish they would have a presser to update if the owners of any of the vehicles have come forward. There are an amazing number of people actively looking for Mickey and it would be awful if LE wastes this manpower by not informing them that their focus could be narrowed. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crzyness1013