LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
So do you think that she left on her own? Or that BW had something to do with it? Just trying to see where you're coming from. Personally I was hugely suspicious of BW at first, but he seems to have been pretty much cleared. Just my opinion of course.

I know this wasn't directed towards me, but I don't think Brettly is involved.

I think that in the past, maybe she wasn't that reliable about coming home on time or being at family events. Maybe she drinks a little bit more than people have let on? Maybe she has a "secret" boyfriend that isn't a good guy.

I can see a family insisting their daughter was reliable and trustworthy and would never do this so that LE would actually take it seriously and not just think she disappeared on her own.

Mods - You need that thingy that resizes images and allows them to be clicked on if people want to see them full size. Sorry for blowing out the margins!

And what about the cases of motorists in Mississippi being found shot either on the side of the road or in their vehicles with police believing it is someone impersonating a cop?

There have been people arrested here for rape and it was found that they were impersonating a policeman.

Some of the I-45 disappearances in the Houston area have many speculating that it is either a tow truck driver or someone impersonating a cop.

I have "lurked" as guest (before joing WS) in the I-45 fourm. There are also some missing women around Shreveport/Mansfield in the past decade or so (I think wide age ranges and situations- but that may mean if it's the same perp he's more of an oppurtunist than someone with a specific "type"). I've been wondering if some of the other missing women in Louisiana weren't related to the I-45 disappearances in some cases. This was all before Mickey's case. Houston really isn't that far from Lafayette by car- maybe 4 hours? And southwest Louisiana and east Texas/Houston are pretty well connected by the oil business (meaning people who work in the industry might move around that region for work).

I really don't even want to think of Mickey's case as being connected to this or any other serial case (ex: Jennings- I know those are among a small group of women who mostly know each other and had "high-risk" lifestyles, but maybe perp moved from Jennings to Lafayette recently and just happened to see an opportunity....again, I'm going to stop thinking about it right now).

From my true crime reading & WS lurking, this reeks of something serial to me. If it's the first time perp has done it, if he isn't found, he will be brazen enough to do it again.

Hope I'm wrong and it was an accident and he'll let her go.

So do you think that she left on her own? Or that BW had something to do with it? Just trying to see where you're coming from. Personally I was hugely suspicious of BW at first, but he seems to have been pretty much cleared. Just my opinion of course.

Seeing MS's sister and father on NG tonight, I feel that something is off. The sister just seems so nonchalant, and not sure what reason I have about the dad being off, can't put my finger on it. Have any other friends of MS's come forward and spoken about her character?

So the caddy was actually pictured on W University with a time stamp of 1:48:38 and the second one at 1:49:38, while on the video from KATC the anchor says the picture of Mickey on St. Landry right at the corner of University was at 1:48.....that would mean the caddy was still on university, which Mickey only crossed over a whole minute before. The caddy could not have been following her. Are both the caddy pictures from University? they are definitely from different spots.

So, it's not the usual college crowd hang out? Would you say the crowd there are more of the 'goth' type? Do you think there are drugs going around?

Drugs are less likely at artmosphere than probably any other club in Lafayette. Unless you're talking about weed.

I live on the Northside of Lafayette, and travel Moss st a lot. I can guarantee I'll be on the lookout for this car now on a daily basis. I'd bet its navy blue or brown, my guess from the black and white photo. Although I don't ride a bike (I'm far too lazy for that), I do drive a car that's probably too flashy for this side of town and more than once its made me uncomfortable getting out of it and going into the pharmacy or grocery store. I'm seriously considering "blending in" better now that this has happened. Its a shame you can't have nice things in this town.

typasus3, where did you find those particular photos with time stamps. I have not been able to find any time stamps on any photos with the gas station in them. please direct me to those.

To the other locals, I rode up and down from the house on ryan to the end of st. landry and cannot find the area pictured in the old car photos. Do any other locals know where the pics were taken?

The pics of the old car were taken on University across from St. John's Cemetery and on 224 St. Landry about a block and a half from Circle K, in front of the small apartment complex.

I keep thinking of the timeline from Taco Bell to the time MS's left Brettly's and was seen on camera on her bike. Was she hurried because she was to meet someone? I hate to bring up drugs, and I'm not implying that she did drugs, but it only takes one time to do the wrong drug and have a fatal outcome. I just don't know. My hope is that MS felt she had to get away and will return soon.

Has LE indicated where her phone pinged last?

Why take her bike?

Would someone be so kind as to summarize the facts known regarding the vehicles on the videos, and where exactly these videos were taken?

Thank-you, WSers!

Artmosphere is a hookah bar that is also a venue for local bands. My little brothers band used to play there. The crowd is what we call "hipsters", usually smart and sophisticated young people who are very liberal thinking. They dress a certain way. As you can see by BW's glasses and hat combo. They enjoy indie music and local bands and follow the local band scene. They are typically really nice and engaging and welcoming. Basically the exact opposite of the "jersey shore" type. In my experiences there.

Without a doubt, I have been there and I am not by any means part of the fraternized youth. I am very much in the crowd who goes to shows, and prefers the read books instead of fishing and hunting. I have been to Voodoo Fest in New Orleans the past two years. I also rode my bike to school daily(until it was stolen). However, I'm not speaking of the general population of Artmosphere, rather the one's who didn't belong. People from the fringes of the Lafayette go there, and I wouldn't rule out someone who was there... Was she tagged there on Facebook?

Artmosphere is definitely NOT goth.

Far from it.

What maybe people are learning is that Lafayette is a very, very special place. There's a sweet heart to this town that's such a throwback. Biggest small town - or smallest big town that you'll ever find. For all it's faults, this is a truly amazing place to live. People care about each other. And they have fun. They go to bat for one another when the chips are down. After Hurricanes Katrina and Rita, people in this town were out in their cars and boats, helping their neighbors and neighboring cities before the winds even died down.

And those kids at Artmosphere are part of the real sweetness of this town. And that's why everyone is so affected. Mickey Shunick is one of those sweet kids that this town produces. Gentle - individual - fearless. She has everyone's heart right now, because she is a product of what this town's about. Everyone is so troubled... and doing what they can..

And.... no way she took off and did this to her family. Not even a chance.

After watching NG tonight, I don't think I can dismiss everyone. JMO

You and I may be on the same page. If anything, I feel more strongly about my POI now than I did earlier.

I definitely think LE has a lot more info than any of us know - probably why the search was so quick.

So, it's not the usual college crowd hang out? Would you say the crowd there are more of the 'goth' type? Do you think there are drugs going around?

It's not goth...they're more bohemians (or their generation's incarnation of bohemian).
I'm sure some of them experiment with drugs because they're college kids. Just like I'm sure some of the wealthy River Ranch kids or perfectly preppy greek kids also experiment with drugs because they're in college. (I work for UL and I've worked at other colleges and this has been my experience. Also my experience from when I myself was in college- There are people in every group that do and people in every group that don't. I wouldn't single out the bohemian students at UL as being more or less likely to dabble in drugs).

Without a doubt, I have been there and I am not by any means part of the fraternized youth. I am very much in the crowd who goes to shows, and prefers the read books instead of fishing and hunting. I have been to Voodoo Fest in New Orleans the past two years. I also rode my bike to school daily(until it was stolen). However, I'm not speaking of the general population of Artmosphere, rather the one's who didn't belong. People from the fringes of the Lafayette go there, and I wouldn't rule out someone who was there... Was she tagged there on Facebook?

Does Artmosphere have a Facebook page?

I must have missed this earlier in the threads, but is that Mickey stopped on the sidewalk with her bike on the time stamped pictures?

I'm just throwing this out there....I keep wondering why there is no evidence of a struggle, which may indicate this person was in law enforcement or security. There's a major scandal going on here right now with 9 Lafayette officers suing the police chief and Lafayette consolidated govt. Also mentioned as a defendant is the head of IA. I may be totally off and believe me I hope I am, but it makes sense.

I believe the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members