LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok this is where i get weirded out about brettlys bike again. it WAS only a matter of hours between when it was stolen and when it was found shoved in some bushes (that is of course if it was stolen the day bike lafayette reported it missing which was May 9th). i have the link to the facebook conversation where the guy that found it tells bike lafayette about it. so strange. i cant help but feel that its somehow connected. just such a strange coincidence to me.

I said that earlier, That I think its connected...Could be wrong but I feel very strongly about it...

Can somebody please look at the image mamamia54 posted with this (back at post #32 this thread) and tell me whether there's any chance that is someone standing OUTSIDE the dark car, on the driver's side, sort of bent over?

Probably not -- it wouldn't be the first time I've seen things in all these pics that probably aren't there! -- but just want a few other pairs of eyes to check.

Looking closely I can see where it does appear someone may be standing or leaning slightly over the car, but I see it on the passenger's side, on the right side of the car.

Can somebody please look at the image mamamia54 posted with this (back at post #32 this thread) and tell me whether there's any chance that is someone standing OUTSIDE the dark car, on the driver's side, sort of bent over?

Probably not -- it wouldn't be the first time I've seen things in all these pics that probably aren't there! -- but just want a few other pairs of eyes to check.

i thought the same thing. I'm using a laptop !w/ a pretty good resolution and I swear I see a person standing almost top and center---right of the pole?!

Two quick things that I can't remember if they were discussed.
1. When one of DTL's victims was found at Whiskey Bay, her mother raised a stink about there not being cameras or better lighting there. They assured her it would be taken care of so no one could use Whiskey Bay in this manner again. Obviously we couldn't find enough tax dollars to rectify this OBVIOUS PROBLEM WITH WHISKEY BAY.

2. BOTH trucks would be personal vehicles I'd guess. My main reason which was staring me in the face that I didn't see til now, is that neither of them have tool boxes. I still think ALL the white truck pictures are the same truck. I haven't seen an overlap or discrepancy with the photo timestamps to rule that theory out for me.

LE said today that they were different white trucks. There are 3 VOIs - two different white trucks and the Olds that they keep calling a Caddy.

Looking closely I can see where it does appear someone may be standing or leaning slightly over the car, but I see it on the passenger's side, on the right side of the car.

I thought the car's front was facing us ... duh? Is the rear facing us, then? What I am seeing is on "our" (viewers') right.

so I am on the delivery vehicle, service industry path. IF MS would have gone Brashear to Johnston Street, there is a popular shopping place behind a hospice. alberstons; walgreens is on the corner of south college and johnston right there where Tasha Patterson said she was 'abducted'. Anyway, there are several restaurants in this mall; chinese at one end near the hospice, a BBQ place. This BBQ gets their prok, beef, turkey delivered from the farms around here. and goes in back of the building in a field where they BBq eevrything themselves. has anyone thought these delivery trucks could be coming and going from that place at 2 am? would explain truck in vicinity of both Tasha and MS.

I don't think she ever said she was "abducted" though just offered a ride, and stupidly accepted it. Your other stuff, idk. I don't think 2Paul's would get deliveries at that time of night. Are you trying to say the old guy who gave Tasha a ride is delivery driver? In a white Z71/Sierra Texas Edition, whatever it is? I don't think so...

Until we get clarification of the post Artis read elsewhere, let's drop the subject. The last thing we want to do is give legs to rumors.

That white truck was coming from the area of the circle K and going left on university like OUR WHITE truck. That is why I spooked. and yes it looked the same as the one we have two pics for. exactly the same; I tried to ID the gas cap, but couldn't. It was headed down st landry towards the circle K and I am pretty sure it went left. freaked me out.

That white truck was coming from the area of the circle K and going left on university like OUR WHITE truck. That is why I spooked. and yes it looked the same as the one we have two pics for. exactly the same; I tried to ID the gas cap, but couldn't. It was headed down st landry towards the circle K and I am pretty sure it went left. freaked me out.

Tasha Patterson insisted that her white truck was a Sierra Texas Edition. The one in Mickey's pics, police are calling a Z71 I believe. Regardless, there are a billion white trucks that look "exactly" the same. We should all be required to have some highly visible ID number on the windshield/roof/all doors/truck of our vehicles!

Haha GLP is junk. Yeah, we can drop that, it's probably someone that they are trying to get in trouble.

Didn't know the info came from GLP. Please disregard my previous post!

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/29/missing-co-eds-bike-found/?hpt=ng_mid

"During the course of the ride, the man also told her he “liked to ride around town looking for pretty young girls to pick up,”

There's a certain type of guy that's unique to Lafayette and to a degree, Houston. Local slang is 'hard-legs'. The age can range from 20's up to late 50's or so. Many of them work offshore on a regular 7 on/7 off schedule, or they work for the oil service companies coming and going all times of the day or night, some on call 365 days a year.

This is typical in an oilfield town which Lafayette is, predominantly.

They make good money, have all the man-toys ...the nice boats, the nice trucks, electronics, etc. They usually won't have a nice home, though. Or a nice stable relationship. It's sort of a nomadic life these guys live; they drift in and out of relationships, many drink heavily, they party the 7 or 14 days they are in and then back out to the rigs they go.

They keep the strip clubs in business to a large degree. Many would use the above term to refer to themselves, or they self-reference as a good-old-boy. They come in and want sex but have no wife or girlfriend so they cruise like the guy Tasha Patterson reported. The guy she described fits the stereotype (there's that word again) ...older, fed well, slightly scruffy ...and admits he likes to drive around looking for pretty girls (which are plentiful in Lafayette) but in my opinion, mostly harmless. The fact that she said no and he shrugged and said ok and let her out at the corner supports my contention.

I keep thinking, as I read some of these posts, about the old saying:

When all you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail.

Didn't know the info came from GLP. Please disregard my previous post!

I only found out b/c I asked him for the link--went there to check it out and saw what it was. I looked briefly for kicks, rolled my eyes and pressed the big red X.

Also, some strange man picks her up during the night and she willingly jumps into his vehicle. He says he looks around the area for pretty young girls and then propositions her. Did she really think he was going to take her down to the local shop for ice cream? Maybe I missed a part of her story, but it all seems like something that probably happens in every decent sized city on a nightly basis.
It was not the middle of the night. It was broad daylight; 2pm in southern hemisphere.

I thought the car's front was facing us ... duh? Is the rear facing us, then? What I am seeing is on "our" (viewers') right.

I can't the front or back of the car well but if it's parked correctly the passenger side would be at the curb. I think we're looking at the rear of the car.

In the streetlight along the furthest point of the road, I believe that they are "seeing" a car along the left part of that streetlight, either with lights on or lights off. There is some distortion there, but a car may be a leap of faith. I would have to see another image from that camera before I would commit to a car.
There is another image and it is not a leap of faith. Please go back to thread 10 and see the post with this same image encircled with a BOX in the upper left corner. Mamamia54 posted it. do not know the number. you will see a car and I think agree. But what type is it. IS it an OLDS 98? Is it the OLDS 98 on st landry after it crossed university?

I don't think she ever said she was "abducted" though just offered a ride, and stupidly accepted it. Your other stuff, idk. I don't think 2Paul's would get deliveries at that time of night. Are you trying to say the old guy who gave Tasha a ride is delivery driver? In a white Z71/Sierra Texas Edition, whatever it is? I don't think so...

2-Pauls does not get deliveries that time of night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member