Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live close to the BC residence, and a mate of mine was driving past on the night that she went missing and there were cop cars there at 9pm (note, she apparently went missing at 10pm!). My mates sister later told me that when the police door knocked she asked about it and the cops said they were there for a domestic distrubance... and that they were looking for a body (this was about 5 days into her being missing). The domestic distrubance story was mentioned in the first few news stories, but then was taken out - maybe suppressed on request from the police???
All heresay of course ;)
Mind you, I've heard every theory under the sun from the locals - but I trust that this guy wouldn't just make stuff up

I realise it's only hearsay, but that would explain why the police acted so quickly on Friday morning MOO

I realise it's only hearsay, but that would explain why the police acted so quickly on Friday morning MOO

It would, but I don't think it really adds up with what has been reported. And granted we don't know everything. BUt I would think rather than police saying they made unsepcified observations when being called to the house on the Fri morning when Allison was reported missing, they would say they wer concerned after being called to a domestic dispute the night before? MOO. ANd not once has it been mentioned that Police saw her at 9pm-( when her movements have been discussed) when called to a domestic dispute or similar.

Not saying it didn't happen, and thanks for posting zookyliz..Just in my mind doesn't seem to add up..but again just my opinion.

I live close to the BC residence, and a mate of mine was driving past on the night that she went missing and there were cop cars there at 9pm (note, she apparently went missing at 10pm!). My mates sister later told me that when the police door knocked she asked about it and the cops said they were there for a domestic distrubance... and that they were looking for a body (this was about 5 days into her being missing). The domestic distrubance story was mentioned in the first few news stories, but then was taken out - maybe suppressed on request from the police???
All heresay of course ;)
Mind you, I've heard every theory under the sun from the locals - but I trust that this guy wouldn't just make stuff up

This makes sense to me! For a moment (just speculating), I will assume this sighting of police cars at 9 pm is true. This could indicate that police were called (by neighbours? by Allison?) on Thursday night because of some domestic disturbance. Allison is okay, she doesn't want to press charges and police leave. Next morning, when she is reported missing, big alarm bells ring and police jump immediately. All just my own speculation.

That had me confused for a while too..

After getting brain in gear and rereading some of the news articles, I think the way Olivia said it is what causes confusion. She mentions Thursday, but doesn't say Wednesday, instead refering to Wednesday as the night before. I now think his sister meant that she talked to Allison via phone on Wednesday night and not Thursday night.

Ms Walton said in the days leading up to her disappearance, Allison was her usual self.

"I spoke to her the night before she disappeared on Thursday night and she seemed fine," she said.

"I saw her last week and she seemed normal, delightful - her normal, easygoing, beautiful-natured, thoughtful, kind-hearted self.

Dated : April 26, 2012 http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ry-disappearance/story-e6freoof-1226338290711

I agree Blue Bottle, that's how I interpreted it. OW spoke to Allison on the Wednesday night before she disappeared (on the Thursday night).

The over use of adjectives however, in my opinion, is totally over the top!

Huh? I'm not quite understanding the timeline of events you are reporting. Allison wasn't reported missing until the next day. If it happens she was involved anyway in a disturbance the night before.. I don't know a few things don't add up with it. Just MOO

(I don't know for sure. but I do tend to think it may have been reported if police had attended the residence on the Thurs night at 9pm. Not once has this been mentioned in all the reports of what happened, who saw her last etc)

An hour or so before she supposedly went missing (as GBC says it was around 10pm).

I also know the neighbour with the dog - she said something must have been going on to upset the dog.

Thank you unfolding. <modsnip>

Ok.My appologies, but, I thought we were allowed to put our own opinions in ;)(I was not answering something of fact that had already been done). See plenty of things that have been answered on numerous(more than 3 occasions)and I also don't see posters being called out on it for putting an opinion in even if a few other people have..

This makes sense to me! For a moment (just speculating), I will assume this sighting of police cars at 9 pm is true. This could indicate that police were called (by neighbours? by Allison?) on Thursday night because of some domestic disturbance. Allison is okay, she doesn't want to press charges and police leave. Next morning, when she is reported missing, big alarm bells ring and police jump immediately. All just my own speculation.

Yes I agree that it's possible, it was reported that neighbors heard arguing in the house on the Thursday night. If the police on the Friday morning told the press that they'd been there the night before because of a domestic dispute then it's like saying that GBC killed her and it's not a missing persons report. All MOO of course.

Yes I agree that it's possible, it was reported that neighbors heard arguing in the house on the Thursday night. If the police on the Friday morning told the press that they'd been there the night before because of a domestic dispute then it's like saying that GBC killed her and it's not a missing persons report. All MOO of course.

Yep. I could be wrong in my thought. And I'm not saying the poster is wrong or making it up.BUt I also recall the police saying she could have been killed as early as 8pm on the Thurs.. This would mean they have no record of visiting and seeing Allison a 9pm.

I am really beginning to believe that we know a lot less then we thought we did. It seems that after Allison's leaves the hairdresser around 7pm on the Thursday night that we really don't know what she did, where she went or who she was with.

The more and more I think about this in light of the toxicology news and what police have said in the last day, the more I wonder what is really going on here. There are so many things that don't add up - personally and professionally, someone/s are playing a game of cover up, and that game usually involves money

can't agree with these seniments, we were ALWAYS only going off media and/or official police information, which is not any less info now than what it was several weeks ago. AS for what she did after the hairdressers, well again, what she did directly after or who she was with would only be relevant if this was the last reported sighting of her. But it wasn't, according to media reports she was either last seen watching TV at 10pm when he went to bed OR she went for a walk and didn't return. (This being the most frustrating contradiction of the whole dam incident in my opinion).

As for wondering what it is really going on here - I would not recommend trying to workout the impossible because you will never know 100% what the QPS are doing and how.

This is now a waiting game. It's that simple.
As for a cover up, no doubt!!
People have to comprehend that the Police are not going to rush an arrest that won't stick in court, why bother. rush an arrest and the perps get off on a technicality or insufficient evidence OR slowly slowly mount a solid case and the perp rots away for 15-20 years. I know which one I would prefer..

All heresay of course ;)

The police would never say they are looking for a body while doorknocking,

Yep. I could be wrong in my thought. And I'm not saying the poster is wrong or making it up.BUt I also recall the police saying she could have been killed as early as 8pm on the Thurs.. This would mean they have no record of visiting and seeing Allison a 9pm.

Good point, you're spot on!

All heresay of course ;)

I think there is so much confusion as to when she actually went missing/was last seen. It's been stated both Thursday night and Friday morning, so could it be that your friend meant he saw the police at the house around 9 pm on the Friday night?

She was officially reported missing on the Friday morning, and the house declared a crime scene, so it's understandable that the police would have been there on the Friday night (at least 12 hours after she was declared missing)

IMO

I wish we could have a list of facts and a list of theories / what people have come up with themselves. Only because it's getting confusing ( except for if you keep going through all the posts) to know what was from the police/media and what wasn't lol. I wish it was that easy to do though :floorlaugh:

I bet the bumps on my chest that this is proven to be correct. QPS are doing everything they can to withhold information that may sway prospective jurors; and this includes the removal of several bits of information previously released by the media. In my opinion, it is the information that has been removed that is more telling than that that has been made freely available.

I don't believe the story about the police being there the night before for three reasons.
1. They were saying at one stage she could have been dead from as early as 8pm
2. They would have most likely charged him already. To make an arrest they only have to have enough info to arrest him, not to go to trial. Also double jeopardy doesn't apply lke most people think it does. Qld has different laws, there were changes about 5 years ago.
3. There are a lot of people who listen to scanners who would have heard this and it would be commented upon more in blogs and forums.

Edit: Opps too slow with point 1. Good to see others saw this straight away.

I have been thinking about this after seeing the old news report re the times police were originally thinking asking about sightings. I wonder if this scenario is worth thinking about.

IMO I don't think Allison went home after the hairdresser - I don't know where she went or if had any bearing on the tragedy of that night, but because of the police timeline, I don't think it was to her Brookfield home.
What time she returned is also open to conjecture - whether her return bought on the ensuing argument, that was overheard by the neighbours KI don't know. I feel that this was one of the reasons why the police were interested in the roundabout, what they saw on camera, did not fit with the GBC story.

From the CM article today, I don't think the case is as clear cut as many of us hoped. I think and arrest may be quite a while away and I feel IMO that the toxicology results were not what the police expected or hoped them to be.

IMOO

I've also been wondering about this spratsmum. Perhaps, after leaving the hairdresser Allison drove to the Nigelaine house to say good night to the girls before heading home to prepare for an early start on Friday. Did something happen to Allison at Skull Manor or on the way home to Brookfield?

MOO>

I'm not sure about that. In early threads another poster also commented that this is what someone was told after asking what they were looking for.

Surely this info about thursday night police attending would have been a virtual impossibility for the media to keep a lid on and/or why would they have to?? Even if the police didn't confirm it to them, They only need one other person to tell them that the police attended this address on thursday night for it to be from a source and to be able to print it. Could be, might be, but can't see how this would not have been a bigger news story. in fact, the biggest news story of the case in many respects. Police attend a Disturbance call and woman then goes missing. Very hard to keep a lid on this type of thing up until now somehow IMO

I spoke to a friend today who confirmed TM drives a blue four wheel drive - it's a big Lexus though, not a CR-V. I'm not so sure she was actually involved in this and my friend seems to think that GBC and TM are still an item...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member