Frantic search for mother of three Allison Baden-Clay missing in Brookfield

by: Suellen Hinde and David Murray
April 22, 2012 12:00AM

Increase Text Size
Decrease Text Size
Print
Email

Allison Baden-Clay

MAJOR CONCERN: Police have set up a command centre at Brookfield Showgrounds as SES volunteers mount a search for Allison Baden-Clay (pictured with husband Gerard). Source: The Sunday Mail (Qld)
Allison Badenclay

Missing: Allison Badenclay from Brookfield. Source: Supplied

RESIDENTS in the leafy enclave of Brookfield have been urged to join the massive hunt for the wife of a prominent Brisbane real estate agent.

Mother-of-three Allison Baden-Clay disappeared on Thursday and is now at the centre of a huge police search in Brisbane's western suburbs.

Police issued a plea late yesterday for residents to "search their backyards'' in the hope of finding the 43-year-old.

Real estate agent Gerard Baden-Clay reported his wife missing on Friday morning. Police and SES volunteers spent all day Friday and yesterday looking for clues to Mrs Baden-Clay's disappearance from the couple's 0.8ha property.

Neighbours reported late yesterday both the couple's cars being towed away by police.

"We are running it out properly as a missing person,'' regional crime co-ordinator metro north Detective Superintendent Mark Ainsworth said. "Obviously we are very concerned for her.''

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
Missing mum's home now a crime scene

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

Mrs Baden-Clay was last seen about 10pm on Thursday wearing grey tracksuit pants and running shoes.

View Larger Map

Det-Supt Ainsworth said Mr Baden-Clay was the last person to see Mrs Baden-Clay before reporting her missing just after 7.30am on Friday.

"The husband has gone to bed and that was when he last saw her,'' he said.

He ruled out the woman being abducted. Police said they "had some suspicions''.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-mother-of-three/story-e6frep2f-1226335230727

Thanks for posting this again. Interesting to re-read some of the articles published early in the investigation. 'had some suspicions' in the last paragraph certainly indicates the police had their suspect/s in sight from the very first moment. Not new news, but looking back there have been some clues in what the police have said all along.

I wish we could have a list of facts and a list of theories / what people have come up with themselves. Only because it's getting confusing ( except for if you keep going through all the posts) to know what was from the police/media and what wasn't lol. I wish it was that easy to do though :floorlaugh:

Hi Angel, I can help with some of that.I posted this previously but not sure how to link to past comments?

Thought I would post JUST the QPS media statements.
QPS Media links.

Missing person, Brookfield
April 20, 2012, 6:01 pm
"Police are seeking public assistance to help locate missing 43-year-old woman, Allison Baden-Clay.
Ms Baden-Clay was last seen at a residence on Brookfield Road at Brookfield around 10pm last night.
She is described being Caucasian, has blonde hair and is around 165cm tall with an average build. She was last seen wearing grey track suit pants and a grey/black top with white running shoes.

Police are urging anyone who may have seen Ms Baden-Clay last night or today to contact Crime Stoppers."
http://qpsmedia.govspace.gov.au/2012...on-brookfield/

Mannequin to be used in search for missing Brookfield woman
April 26, 2012, 7:05 pm
The mannequin will be displayed from around 6am in clothing similar to what Allison is believed to have been wearing prior to her disappearance on April 19.
http://qpsmedia.govspace.gov.au/2012...okfield-woman/

Update: search for missing Brookfield woman
April 28, 2012, 12:06 pm
Police investigating the disappearance of Allison Baden-Clay have renewed their appeal for anyone that might have seen either of two vehicles (pictured) on the night Ms Baden-Clay went missing (last Thursday evening or early Friday morning), to contact them.
**snipped**
"Police investigating the disappearance of Allison Baden-Clay have renewed their appeal for anyone that might have seen either of two vehicles (pictured) on the night Ms Baden-Clay went missing (last Thursday evening or early Friday morning), to contact them.
“Today’s search includes resources from Metro South and Metro North police regions, Police Divers, the Police Mounted Unit and the State Emergency Service. "
emind residents in the Brookfield area, where there are a large number of acreage homes and former mining sites, to again check their properties, to remain vigilant and report anything unusual to police.

“It is essential that residents register searches of their properties by calling Policelink on 131 444 or by attending the Police Forward Command Post at the Brookfield Showgrounds.”"
Ms Baden-Clay was last seen at a residence on Brookfield Road at Brookfield around 10pm on Thursday, April 19.

Update: Search for Allison Baden-Clay
April 30, 2012, 4:41 pm
Police are searching the area where the body of a woman was located in a creek at Anstead this morning.
A canoeist reported the discovery to police about 11am.
A formal identification of the body is not expected today.
appealed to people who live in the area to come forward if they saw or heard anything suspicious in the past two weeks.

“There are a number of residences, particularly near the Tyarnolum Camp Site or on Bunya Street of Wirrabara Road, in the vicinity of the where the body was located."
Mt Crosby road from Hawksbury Road to Tandera Road is expected to remain closed for several more hours as police continue their investigations.

Update: unknown woman’s body, Anstead
April 30, 2012, 7:37 pm
The woman’s body has been transported from the scene for forensic examination.

Mt Crosby Road is expected to be open within the next hour.

The police forward command post has moved to the intersection of Bunya Street and Mt Crosby Road.
Detectives are appealing for anyone who lives near the Tyamolum Scout Camp, Kholo Creek Bridge, Mt Crosby Road or Bunya Street, Anstead to contact police if they saw or heard anything between 8.00pm Thursday April 19 and 7.30am Friday April 20.
Police continue to conduct searches of the area and appeal for information.

A major incident room is still in operation at Indooroopilly Police Station.
http://qpsmedia.govspace.gov.au/2012...-body-anstead/

Brookfield investigation continues
May 4, 2012, 1:11 pm
Police investigating the death of Brookfield woman Allison Baden-Clay are continuing to appeal for more information from the public.

Investigators would still like to hear from anyone who drove in the vicinity of the roundabout at the intersection of Brookfield and Moggill roads, Kenmore between 11.30pm on Thursday April 19 and 4am on Friday April 20.
“However, I’m sure many more people are out there who we haven’t heard from yet.

“We would like to hear from anyone who might have seen anything in that area between those times,” Detective Superintendent Ainsworth said.

There are no further updates in relation to the investigation at this stage.
http://qpsmedia.govspace.gov.au/2012...ion-continues/

Thought this might help???

can't agree with these seniments, we were ALWAYS only going off media and/or official police information, which is not any less info now than what it was several weeks ago. AS for what she did after the hairdressers, well again, what she did directly after or who she was with would only be relevant if this was the last reported sighting of her. But it wasn't, according to media reports she was either last seen watching TV at 10pm when he went to bed OR she went for a walk and didn't return. (This being the most frustrating contradiction of the whole dam incident in my opinion).

As for wondering what it is really going on here - I would not recommend trying to workout the impossible because you will never know 100% what the QPS are doing and how.

This is now a waiting game. It's that simple.
As for a cover up, no doubt!!
People have to comprehend that the Police are not going to rush an arrest that n't stick in court, why bother. rush an arrest and the perps get off on a technicality or insufficient evidence OR slowly slowly mount a solid case and the perp rots away for 15-20 years. I know which one I would prefer..

that is my point thanks Mountainhigh, I don't believe anymore what was told to the police, I think it was made up from the start.

And as for the police being at the house at 9pm, if that was the case surely they would have said that they had contact with Mrs BC at 9pm.

Hi Angel, I can help with some of that.I posted this previously but not sure how to link to past comments?

Thought I would post JUST the QPS media statements.
QPS Media links.

Missing person, Brookfield
April 20, 2012, 6:01 pm
"Police are seeking public assistance to help locate missing 43-year-old woman, Allison Baden-Clay.
Ms Baden-Clay was last seen at a residence on Brookfield Road at Brookfield around 10pm last night.
She is described being Caucasian, has blonde hair and is around 165cm tall with an average build. She was last seen wearing grey track suit pants and a grey/black top with white running shoes.

Police are urging anyone who may have seen Ms Baden-Clay last night or today to contact Crime Stoppers."
http://qpsmedia.govspace.gov.au/2012...on-brookfield/

Mannequin to be used in search for missing Brookfield woman
April 26, 2012, 7:05 pm
The mannequin will be displayed from around 6am in clothing similar to what Allison is believed to have been wearing prior to her disappearance on April 19.
http://qpsmedia.govspace.gov.au/2012...okfield-woman/

Update: search for missing Brookfield woman
April 28, 2012, 12:06 pm
Police investigating the disappearance of Allison Baden-Clay have renewed their appeal for anyone that might have seen either of two vehicles (pictured) on the night Ms Baden-Clay went missing (last Thursday evening or early Friday morning), to contact them.
**snipped**
"Police investigating the disappearance of Allison Baden-Clay have renewed their appeal for anyone that might have seen either of two vehicles (pictured) on the night Ms Baden-Clay went missing (last Thursday evening or early Friday morning), to contact them.
“Today’s search includes resources from Metro South and Metro North police regions, Police Divers, the Police Mounted Unit and the State Emergency Service. "
emind residents in the Brookfield area, where there are a large number of acreage homes and former mining sites, to again check their properties, to remain vigilant and report anything unusual to police.

“It is essential that residents register searches of their properties by calling Policelink on 131 444 or by attending the Police Forward Command Post at the Brookfield Showgrounds.”"
Ms Baden-Clay was last seen at a residence on Brookfield Road at Brookfield around 10pm on Thursday, April 19.

Update: Search for Allison Baden-Clay
April 30, 2012, 4:41 pm
Police are searching the area where the body of a woman was located in a creek at Anstead this morning.
A canoeist reported the discovery to police about 11am.
A formal identification of the body is not expected today.
appealed to people who live in the area to come forward if they saw or heard anything suspicious in the past two weeks.

“There are a number of residences, particularly near the Tyarnolum Camp Site or on Bunya Street of Wirrabara Road, in the vicinity of the where the body was located."
Mt Crosby road from Hawksbury Road to Tandera Road is expected to remain closed for several more hours as police continue their investigations.

Update: unknown woman’s body, Anstead
April 30, 2012, 7:37 pm
The woman’s body has been transported from the scene for forensic examination.

Mt Crosby Road is expected to be open within the next hour.

The police forward command post has moved to the intersection of Bunya Street and Mt Crosby Road.
Detectives are appealing for anyone who lives near the Tyamolum Scout Camp, Kholo Creek Bridge, Mt Crosby Road or Bunya Street, Anstead to contact police if they saw or heard anything between 8.00pm Thursday April 19 and 7.30am Friday April 20.
Police continue to conduct searches of the area and appeal for information.

A major incident room is still in operation at Indooroopilly Police Station.
http://qpsmedia.govspace.gov.au/2012...-body-anstead/

Brookfield investigation continues
May 4, 2012, 1:11 pm
Police investigating the death of Brookfield woman Allison Baden-Clay are continuing to appeal for more information from the public.

Investigators would still like to hear from anyone who drove in the vicinity of the roundabout at the intersection of Brookfield and Moggill roads, Kenmore between 11.30pm on Thursday April 19 and 4am on Friday April 20.
“However, I’m sure many more people are out there who we haven’t heard from yet.

“We would like to hear from anyone who might have seen anything in that area between those times,” Detective Superintendent Ainsworth said.

There are no further updates in relation to the investigation at this stage.
http://qpsmedia.govspace.gov.au/2012...ion-continues/

Thought this might help???

Thankyou for that i really appreciate it :)

Surely this info about thursday night police attending would have been a virtual impossibility for the media to keep a lid on and/or why would they have to?? Even if the police didn't confirm it to them, They only need one other person to tell them that the police attended this address on thursday night for it to be from a source and to be able to print it. Could be, might be, but can't see how this would not have been a bigger news story. in fact, the biggest news story of the case in many respects. Police attend a Disturbance call and woman then goes missing. Very hard to keep a lid on this type of thing up until now somehow IMO
B

I think if that had of been the case GBC would have been arrested day one

I don't believe the story about the police being there the night before for three reasons.
1. They were saying at one stage she could have been dead from as early as 8pm
2. They would have most likely charged him already. To make an arrest they only have to have enough info to arrest him, not to go to trial. Also double jepardy doesn't apply lke most people think it does. Qld has different laws, there were changes about 5 years ago.
3. There are a lot of people who listen to scanners who would have heard this and it would be commented upon more in blogs and forums.

Edit: Opps too slow with point 1. Good to see others saw this straight away.

I was going to mention point 3. I have a friend who listens to the scanners in his area and apparently it's a popular pastime. I imagine something would have cropped up about any police intervention at the address the night Allison disappeared.

MOO

That had me confused for a while too..

After getting brain in gear and rereading some of the news articles, I think the way Olivia said it is what causes confusion. She mentions Thursday, but doesn't say Wednesday, instead refering to Wednesday as the night before. I now think his sister meant that she talked to Allison via phone on Wednesday night and not Thursday night.

Ms Walton said in the days leading up to her disappearance, Allison was her usual self.

"I spoke to her the night before she disappeared on Thursday night and she seemed fine," she said.

"I saw her last week and she seemed normal, delightful - her normal, easygoing, beautiful-natured, thoughtful, kind-hearted self.

Dated : April 26, 2012 http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ry-disappearance/story-e6freoof-1226338290711

I was confused reading that one too, and still have no idea whether it refers to the Wednesday or the Thursday night that Olivia spoke to Allison.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/allison-baden-clays-sister-in-law-says-husband-gerard-baden-clay-left-completely-devastated-by-wifes-mystery-disappearance/story-e6freoof-1226338290711

Not sure it makes a difference or not, apart from her saying she seemed fine, but then why did she she also mention that Allison was depressed, in another news segment?

I have tried and tried to find a link for this 'depressed' comment from Olivia, but I just can't find it. I've heard many others here mention it...can anyone help with that? I'm just curious to watch/read it, as it's one I've missed.

This one weirded me out a bit though...

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/house-searched-for-missing-mum-clues-20120425-1xk24.html

I thought it was strange that she was saying "Gerard loves Allison" etc, maybe that's just me reading too much into her comments, but why does she make a point of saying he loves her??

MOO

Surely this info about thursday night police attending would have been a virtual impossibility for the media to keep a lid on and/or why would they have to?? Even if the police didn't confirm it to them, They only need one other person to tell them that the police attended this address on thursday night for it to be from a source and to be able to print it. Could be, might be, but can't see how this would not have been a bigger news story. in fact, the biggest news story of the case in many respects. Police attend a Disturbance call and woman then goes missing. Very hard to keep a lid on this type of thing up until now somehow IMO

B

I think if that had of been the case GBC would have been arrested day one

Exactly my thought. I think this case would have played out a lot differently if it had been the case. I think they would have had an arrest and if not they would have to name GBC as POI.

This makes sense to me! For a moment (just speculating), I will assume this sighting of police cars at 9 pm is true. This could indicate that police were called (by neighbours? by Allison?) on Thursday night because of some domestic disturbance. Allison is okay, she doesn't want to press charges and police leave. Next morning, when she is reported missing, big alarm bells ring and police jump immediately. All just my own speculation.

I agree it makes a lot of sense, and if true, would explain why the police reponse was so quick IMO. We all realise the Police have withheld vital info for obvious reasons. One thing that has really bugged me from day one is that the police didnt treat this as a 'missing person' on the Friday morning - other posters have shared this view too. I remember reading in the CM that the police made "observations" when they attended the house, and this has been discussed on numerous posts, but who's to say they weren't called there the night before? The information coming from the police is very vague and open to interpretation for a reason MOO. In any case, it's all very intriguing. I really hope the perp is arrested soon. ABC's girls and family deserve some closure.

I live close to the BC residence, and a mate of mine was driving past on the night that she went missing and there were cop cars there at 9pm (note, she apparently went missing at 10pm!). My mates sister later told me that when the police door knocked she asked about it and the cops said they were there for a domestic distrubance... and that they were looking for a body (this was about 5 days into her being missing). The domestic distrubance story was mentioned in the first few news stories, but then was taken out - maybe suppressed on request from the police???
All heresay of course ;)
Mind you, I've heard every theory under the sun from the locals - but I trust that this guy wouldn't just make stuff up

You say that the domestic disturbance story was mentioned in the first few news stories. I've followed this from the beginning and honestly can't remember anything like that. Can anyone else? If so, that would be interesting!

MOO

new on here and have heard a lot from friends in the area. some interesting points 1. a witness was told ABC was strangled. 2. same witness told there was batwater in lungs.3 same witness saw something strange at roundabout, it was BC senior sitting in bus shelter late that night. 4. has been said all hard drives were blank ,interesting. BUT BC senior computer supposidly googled the scout camp late that night. not known facts just info told to me by friends

I agree it makes a lot of sense, and if true, would explain why the police reponse was so quick IMO. We all realise the Police have withheld vital info for obvious reasons. One thing that has really bugged me from day one is that the police didnt treat this as a 'missing person' on the Friday morning - other posters have shared this view too. I remember reading in the CM that the police made "observations" when they attended the house, and this has been discussed on numerous posts, but who's to say they weren't called there the night before? The information coming from the police is very vague and open to interpretation for a reason MOO. In any case, it's all very intriguing. I really hope the perp is arrested soon. ABC's girls and family deserve some closure.

Who's to say police weren't called to the house on the Wednesday night...do we know anything about what they were both up to on that night??...I don't recall reading anything.

IF any of the DV rumours are to be believed then it's quite possible police were there on Wednesday night....this may be the night that other member's friend noticed police at the house.

Exactly my thought. I think this case would have played out a lot differently if it had been the case. I think they would have had an arrest and if not they would have to name GBC as POI.

In facT, if memory serves me right...they ruled him out as a person of interest in the early stages. Surely this would not be the case if they had attended the house the previous night? MOO

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/police-interview-brisbane-man-over-missing-wife/story-e6frg6nf-1226342131175

I have to agree that it would be difficult to keep a lid on this one.

If however what the poster says is true... Maybe the police did attend at 9.00 pm in response to a call from the neighbours that there was something going on... and were told by GBC that everything was under control and that Allison had stepped out?

And, when the QPS received the call on the Friday at 7.30 am that she was missing, the alarm bells sounded because of the previous night.

This may also be the reason why the QPS stated that she could have been dead as early as 8.00 pm on the Thursday as when they arrived at the house at 9.00 pm she was not around.

As far as the stories in MMS about when she was last seen... Maybe GBC's version was that she came back and was watching TV and this is when he last saw her, or she came back, went to sleep and went out for a walk the next morning - at this stage we are not sure about this!

Maybe the reason this has not come out is because the police are only releasing GBC's version of when he last saw her, and for whatever reason, have not disclosed/confirmed the previous night's attendance at the house. Just like the hairdresser visit which we have known about for weeks but has just come out in the press. I am sure the press would have known about this visit but have never published it until now.

This is all IMO, JMO MOO!

I live close to the BC residence, and a mate of mine was driving past on the night that she went missing and there were cop cars there at 9pm (note, she apparently went missing at 10pm!). My mates sister later told me that when the police door knocked she asked about it and the cops said they were there for a domestic distrubance... and that they were looking for a body (this was about 5 days into her being missing). The domestic distrubance story was mentioned in the first few news stories, but then was taken out - maybe suppressed on request from the police???
All heresay of course ;)
Mind you, I've heard every theory under the sun from the locals - but I trust that this guy wouldn't just make stuff up
ZOOKYLIZ: OK, so if this were fact (which is unknown) then the Police would be able to describe what Allison was wearing at that time. Further, Police Media reports inform that Allison was last seen alive at 10.00pm and was wearing grey track pants and runners. Who provided the Police with this information? Is there an independant witness to this?

I wish we could have a list of facts and a list of theories / what people have come up with themselves. Only because it's getting confusing ( except for if you keep going through all the posts) to know what was from the police/media and what wasn't lol. I wish it was that easy to do though :floorlaugh:

RBBM: You already have one, here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171094"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171094[/ame]

All it takes is one motivated sleuther to pull together the facts as we know them from MSM into a timeline, and post it here for everyone's reference.

As for a list of theories, well, that's sort of what this thread is for. But you might like to look at the Michelle Parker case, where Sleuther "nobodynoz" has kept up a fantastic list of questions (and verified answers too, as they come in). You can check that out here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7904008&postcount=300"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7904008&postcount=300[/ame]

Just some thoughts to ponder! :tyou:

What confuses me about Olivia Walton's statements (GBC sister) is when she says, referring to Allison " I saw her last week..

As Olivia lives in Townsville one would assume she was visiting Brisbane the week before, that may have been the last week of the Easter school holidays. Interesting??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alafair