LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
And as you all can see this isn't residential. It's thick woods and there isn't water or anything in here. Seems like they unhitched and ran. This is about 8-9 miles from the intersection of st Landry and university ave where the white trucks were filmed.

With the Whiskey Bay connection that boat is extremely suspicious. You don't just see boats dumped back up into the trees like that. It looks like a large curve up ahead ...why would someone take the chance of getting somewhat perpendicular in the road to back it in? If a flat tire, they would continue on to a place where they could pull over and park it parallel on the shoulder.

Did you call Carencro PD?

New here. Hard to keep up with every post. Do the pics of MS on bike on St Landry by Circle K and pic of white truck in same spot she was have the exact times they were taken or recorded?

I believe some are rounded to the nearest minute which will certainly confused the issue. Hopefully they are are synchronized together. That would be easy and necessary by LE.

(referring to picture in POST #421 in this thread)
I downloaded this picture and played with it a bit with Photoshop and another imaging program (ImageJ). I wasn't able to clear up the image very much, but it did strike me that the truck in this frame is very far to its side of the street.... maybe it was pulled over?

I agree. I am not 100% sure of the time stamps or even if we have stamps for everything. But the color of the traffic lights at the intersection AND the reflection of lights in the silver box are consistent with this truck path.

Also, if time stamps are rounding to the nearest minute, that will confuse the timeline line.

1:58:29 becomes 1:58
1:58:31 becomes 1:59

They appear to be separated by a minute, but in truth only 2 seconds.

That was my immediate thought on the 1:47/1:48 thing.

Then I thought they'd probably have to be more accurate, or why have them? That was probably not a valid assumption.

My theory is that the pic in the left lane is the second pic. It would have just passed Mickey and decided to turn around and pursue her. The photo facing away from the intersection is the last one. Just my theory.

Btw my theory is opposite. ;)

Yes. Came up Landry, turned left onto University. There's a small parking lot between 2 buildings on the right where the truck could quickly turn around.

I bolded that (bolded by me=bbm)

Big enough of a lot for a large truck to turn around in? Fast?

So basically we think that the same truck was indeed following her from Versailles, down to Circle K, turned around, headed back toward Circle K and then what?

I posted this possibility the other day in response to ACI's question when I suggested a route to I-10 to avoid cameras. I thought Pinhook, to Mt. Carmel Rd into Breaux Bridge (which is near where the Basin Bridge begins heading east) and then
on to I-10:

Originally Posted by A.C.I
@mahmoo and mamamia
How do they get to those routes FROM st. Landry withought being caught on one single camera? Theyre on video somewhere.

Originally Posted by mahmoo
If we assume the truck is involved, the driver apparently did manage to avoid camera detection after the Univ/St. Landry photo ... as far as we know at this point anyway.

He may of somehow managed to get over onto Pinhook and then onto Carmel Drive. People/business's in those areas may have not thought to check cameras on the belief she (or perp) was not traveling in those areas.

Possible route ... Brashear to Lee (crossover University - no cameras at that intersection???), right onto Jefferson head towards Pinhook.

OT and tin foil hat time, but I've alway wondered if they saved and cloned the DNA of a serial killer to see if they would turn out the same later in life. Scary in many ways...and I don't want to think about too much.

Yikes!

New here. Hard to keep up with every post. Do the pics of MS on bike on St Landry by Circle K and pic of white truck in same spot she was have the exact times they were taken or recorded?

:welcome2:

So basically we think that the same truck was indeed following her from Versailles, down to Circle K, turned around, headed back toward Circle K and then what?

$10,000 question.

I have another. If the truck turned around as we are thinking, why does it appear to be braking?

True, there is a change in surface there, but Chicken Fried said it was pretty smooth. What if he turned around and temporarily lost her?

Nothing more of this mysterious green van with TN plates?

I'm not even remotely convinced that this vehicle wasn't involved, based on an eyewitness account of what happened to her earlier that day, involving said van.

I've been thinking a lot about the van too. The only place I've heard about the van is here - is this something that has been verified or is it just a rumor? I've searched online a bit but haven't been able to find anything.

My theory is that the pic in the left lane is the second pic. It would have just passed Mickey and decided to turn around and pursue her. The photo facing away from the intersection is the last one. Just my theory.
I hadn't thought about that before but now that it's been mentioned I definitely see that possibility. I had initially thought just the opposite because if I correctly recall I thought LE stated the truck was seen following her on Versailles. What you're saying makes sense though.

individually owned places? like cottages? or places the public can use?

Yep, it can work two ways, depending on where the camp is located. Sometimes you own the land and the camp...which can range from a shack to a mansion-like dwelling...sometimes the government owns the land and you can lease the land and build a camp on it.

to make it even worse, there were witnesses that saw DTL snooping around charlotte murray paces condo in sharlo at LSU a few days before she was murdered.

Yep. And they had a pretty good POI picture drawn up, too. Remember that cartoon POI that LE had released?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona