LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought i saw somewhere that he graduated from LHS..If that's the case, graduation wasn't until 7pm. If it was AHS then it was at 11:30.

It's AHS. They live off Gov Miro but more importantly that's where Mickey graduated from as well.

I also want to add that Mickey immediately touched my heart. I can't tell you how many young people I have taught through the years, her love of animals is very telling of her heart and soul.

This is the second picture from closer.

And as you all can see this isn't residential. It's thick woods and there isn't water or anything in here. Seems like they unhitched and ran. This is about 8-9 miles from the intersection of st Landry and university ave where the white trucks were filmed.

New here. Hard to keep up with every post. Do the pics of MS on bike on St Landry by Circle K and pic of white truck in same spot she was have the exact times they were taken or recorded?

I had to address this part of your post. The FBI NEVER said that DTL was white. The "Task Force" did, and that was their mistake. The "Task Force" only released portions of the profile that they wanted the public to see. The whole profile was NEVER released until DTL was arrested. When the "Task Force" said he was white, the FBI didn't agree or disagree. However, it is rare to have a serial killer that crosses racial lines (if that's the right word). The "Task Force" couldn't find their way out of a paper bag when it was first formed. I think it was chance that DTL was swabbed and caught. If there ever was a "Task Force" on how to do all the wrong things, "The Baton Rouge Serial Killer Task Force" was it.

DTL should have been arrested years before he was. He fit the profile almost to perfection.

JMO, IMO, :moo:, and all other disclaimers.

to make it even worse, there were witnesses that saw DTL snooping around charlotte murray paces condo in sharlo at LSU a few days before she was murdered.

And as you all can see this isn't residential. It's thick woods and there isn't water or anything in here. Seems like they unhitched and ran. This is about 8-9 miles from the intersection of st Landry and university ave where the white trucks were filmed.

I for one am glad you called it in. You never know.

This one...........

What aggravates me is we are working off still shots of video where video would solve many f the questions we all have about if it is the same truck. Don't get me wrong, I trust LE judgement on what to release...

But darn it is frustrating.

Yep. That is one of my greatest fears - that if anyone had my DNA, or my husbands, or kids that we could somehow be framed or wrongly accused of something we didn't do.

Cameras can watch me all day long, but I'd like to keep my DNA to myself thank you very much.

OT and tin foil hat time, but I've alway wondered if they saved and cloned the DNA of a serial killer to see if they would turn out the same later in life. Scary in many ways...and I don't want to think about too much.

I know you had to be scared silly, just wish you would have taken a look inside it. There was no smell around was there?

New here. Hard to keep up with every post. Do the pics of MS on bike on St Landry by Circle K and pic of white truck in same spot she was have the exact times they were taken or recorded?

Neither of those shots are time stamped but LPD said Mickey was there at 1:48.

I showed the same thing earlier. I think that is the 1st picture of that truck. It came up Landry, was caught on camera there, then at Circle K, then turned around and was seen at Circle K again (after Mickey).

I agree. I am not 100% sure of the time stamps or even if we have stamps for everything. But the color of the traffic lights at the intersection AND the reflection of lights in the silver box are consistent with this truck path.

Also, if time stamps are rounding to the nearest minute, that will confuse the timeline line.

1:58:29 becomes 1:58
1:58:31 becomes 1:59

They appear to be separated by a minute, but in truth only 2 seconds.

My theory is that the pic in the left lane is the second pic. It would have just passed Mickey and decided to turn around and pursue her. The photo facing away from the intersection is the last one. Just my theory.

Yes. Came up Landry, turned left onto University. There's a small parking lot between 2 buildings on the right where the truck could quickly turn around.

This is on the 6000 block of north university if anyone wanted to know where the location is

Thanks for the pics. Sorry if I missed it earlier.. is the boat on a trailer? If so... flat tire on trailer and moved it to get it off the highway?

I thought i saw somewhere that he graduated from LHS..If that's the case, graduation wasn't until 7pm. If it was AHS then it was at 11:30.

I initially thought it was in the evening, other posters said no. I was trying to figure out how long it took the family to really notice Mickey's absence.

I raised two children. I doubt I'd have been particularly troubled if my 21 year old college senior daughter was out & about until there was a definite event she should be there for.

My sentence structure is getting worse & worse. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat