LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the people who commented under the article is from Vermont (apparently) so I'm pretty skeptical that she has any inside local information.

I think the dozens of Lafayette locals we have posting here at WS know more than that person about what's really going on in Breaux Bridge.

But if you click on her FB page, she is from Louisiana, Beau Bridge I think it says, or something like that.

I had RLS for 17 years! I know how you feel! Luckily I found the cure for mine! 2 years without ANY symptoms!!
Now I just have insomnia off and on throughout the month! LOL...
I will hang out here with you! :)

:banghead: Where is MICKEY???

Please do share your secret!!!

Have had it happen a couple of times and is very uncomfortable.

And what about the dogs that were used? I'm assuming they came to a dead end in their scent of her. This wouldn't be the case if she was still nearby.

I would love to know what dogs they used.

I hope they used more than just tracking ones.

So the Olds 98 (X and Y) turned right on St. Landry after the Z-71.

If that is the Z-71 in Camera 6 (??) heading back to University, was there time to turn around? We know the approximate time frame, because the Olds is in the shot.

Also, there is no time stamp for the truck in the turning lane (B). So, might be either truck.

Bringing this forward. It came just before the trolling and got lost.

UGG! I don't know! I mean her brother was graduating... her birthday was a day or two away. Thee was nothing but happy times coming her way! To get snatched by a stranger just seems too odd. That is why I believe it was someone she KNEW that didn't want her happy.
MOO

BW was MS's "friend"
BW said MS was tired and didn't feel well
BW took MS to Taco Bell and she ate food! and felt better after eating?
BW didn't take MS home that night even though he knew she
didn't feel good and was tired
BW, an avid "biker" didn't have a bike rack on his car. He states this is why she biked home.
BW was to move to Nolo with MS ...
BW was the last person to "see" MS (yet she was caught riding on camera later)

If she was really ill and BW was really such close friend (someone she planned on living with...) she would have asked him to drive her home and
retreived her bike the next day!
MS IMO had "other plans" after leaving BW that night that he had NO knowledge of!
AND perhaps none of her friends did either!
MAYBE she had something going on that didn't have anything to do with her friends?
Something related to the brother's graduation? A surprise? A party? :banghead:
hmmm...
:moo:
also her birthday weekend.

Did BW buy the meal @ Taco Bell and was there activity on her card that night? Have police monitored her debit account since she went missing? Did the police ever get Taco Bell pictures???

UGG! I don't know! I mean her brother was graduating... her birthday was a day or two away. Thee was nothing but happy times coming her way! To get snatched by a stranger just seems too odd. That is why I believe it was someone she KNEW that didn't want her happy.
MOO

She was 22. I wonder how close to finishing her degree she was?

Did BW buy the meal @ Taco Bell and was there activity on her card that night? Have police monitored her debit account since she went missing? Did the police ever get Taco Bell pictures???

The food was purchased using her atm card. Her father has stated there has been no activity on her card since. LE does have video from the taco bell drive through of BW and a passenger. I do not believe Mickey was actually seen in that video.
hope that helps
JMO

Hey sleuths, sorry for another late post. The volunteer search is still pervasive and more people are wanted. Also, locals with access to boats are urged to lend their resouces. We are combing out areas of interest such as wooded areas near the areas of interest , like woods by water ways and what not. I have had a chance to search the Bike drop area. It is very a very eerie, convalescent dumping ground. The link presented earlier sums it up best.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/arti...030340/Exploring-Whiskey-Bay?odyssey=nav|head

The bike, IMO, is a sign that the person is either a criminal with prior knowledge of this dropoff, or a local who knows how logical of a dumping ground this is. Does anyone think the evidence from the bike will be released? Or will there even be evidence found? This seems to be the only concrete topic to sleuth.

The VOI of interest is a bit ambiguous to me and it seems like a hopeless topic to reach an agreement. Hopefully, LE is holding out and has more footage, whether it is on St. Landry or I-10 cameras.

Not going to quote the post in question, but I'll entertain the theory for a second and pretend it was presented maturely...

Why would someone leave the body near the scene but take the bike and dump it somewhere else? If anything I'd think someone would leave the bike and take the body. Wouldn't that make more sense? It's riskier to leave the body there, and the chances it will be found are pretty good RIGHT there in the St. Street area, but if you leave the bike then people might think her body is in the area, too, and you trick them into continuing to look there while you dump the body somewhere else.

Anyway, this doesn't matter because the bike was NOT left there, obviously, but I'm just going over this in my head, and I don't think it makes much sense to leave the body near the scene and dump the bike elsewhere.
if she was/is "still there" the bike could have still been stolen after the fact. Whoever took her could have taken only her.

The VOI of interest is a bit ambiguous to me and it seems like a hopeless topic to reach an agreement. Hopefully, LE is holding out and has more footage, whether it is on St. Landry or I-10 cameras.

Its certainly is a major topic as to whether the two trucks at the Circle K are TWO DIFFERENT trucks or the SAME truck.

Do you have any thoughts? What about your associates with the search?

Is the only VOI the truck facing away from the intersection? They have been using the truck facing the intersection for some of the television crime shows about the case.

MOO

It seems that way, but I think it's just coincidence. I'm pretty certain that if it wasn't her it would have been a different girl on another street. It seems like everyone's zoning in on a location for the crime, and it seems a local, especially one she knew, would wait for a safer alternative that minimized their risk. Just my opinion of course.

The food was purchased using her atm card. Her father has stated there has been no activity on her card since. LE does have video from the taco bell drive through of BW and a passenger. I do not believe Mickey was actually seen in that video.
hope that helps
JMO
It bothers me that she was not seen BUT we KNOW she was ok after the Taco Bell purchase sooo.... even if he told a little white lie and went alone and used her card to get her food... WAIT she TALKED to a friend WHILE at Taco Bell with him!
HE passed his poly and isn't a POI!

maybe she WAS laying down cause she felt bad?

Hey sleuths, sorry for another late post. The volunteer search is still pervasive and more people are wanted. Also, locals with access to boats are urged to lend their resouces. We are combing out areas of interest such as wooded areas near the areas of interest , like woods by water ways and what not. I have had a chance to search the Bike drop area. It is very a very eerie, convalescent dumping ground. The link presented earlier sums it up best.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/arti...030340/Exploring-Whiskey-Bay?odyssey=nav|head

The bike, IMO, is a sign that the person is either a criminal with prior knowledge of this dropoff, or a local who knows how logical of a dumping ground this is. Does anyone think the evidence from the bike will be released? Or will there even be evidence found? This seems to be the only concrete topic to sleuth.

I am going to take an educated guess and say no any evidence they find will not be released. They are keeping stuff very close to the vest so to speak.

I can't recall a time where there is such confusion over pictures LE has realeased like this so I have to believe that there is something to the pictures. I am as well certain that LE knows more just not releasing it.

I as well have been of the impression this is someone that knows the area yet at times it seems like the bike is the red herring and feel like they should be looking in a different place and I don't know why I feel this way.

Thanks for the updates on the searches. Wish I was closer to help!!!

They rode from the concert back to his house together.

Taco Bell was a seperate trip.

Yep ... They rode together on their bikes to his house and left for taco bell in his car because you can't go threw a drive threw on your bike and he knows that because they tried it befor

It seems that way, but I think it's just coincidence. I'm pretty certain that if it wasn't her it would have been a different girl on another street. It seems like everyone's zoning in on a location for the crime, and it seems a local, especially one she knew, would wait for a safer alternative that minimized their risk. Just my opinion of course.

I have a hard time with coincidences when it comes to pretty, young, missing women!
More often than not it's a boyfriend, x-boyfriend, family memeber, husband, fiance etc...
BUT, I am trying to keep an open mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member