LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, you are right. I looked up tracking dogs and there are several different ways dogs are used for tracking

No need to apologize. I only looked it up because I vaguely remembered the use of dogs in another case locally. I remember being amazed at the distance they could track and the length of time the scent remained. I don't have any of those details/numbers for you because it was many, many years ago (during the DTL murders).

the thought makes me sick to my stomach but it is possible that she may have indeed been placed in the same area of her bike but with all the wildlife such as alligators and etc ..... would never be found. I am sorry. It is sick and makes me sick but true.

Would prefer to think she is alive... I truly hope she is injured and being held captive til she heals or agrees to hush. Human trafficking scenerio is bad but all I can do us hope she's alive.

I know Fairest.
There is always hope that she is alive. There is a chance and it is good to hold onto that.

I apologize for being insensitive. I sometimes think in a detached generalized way. There are so many missing-I want them all to come home. I want the suffering to stop.
JMO

In your OPINION... do you think the bike could be unrelated?
I mean she was abducted and the bike was left behind...
THEN when "whoever" took the bike took it to the bay AFTER
finding out it was involved with a missing person
removing the identifying handle bars for transport...

It sounds crazy! Why not call LE and say hey I stole this bike. The girl
wasn't there...
They had to take both! Why hide it and not just toss it randomly??:banghead:

Am I making any sense?

Crystal clear, I live 2 blocks within Mickey's last known spot. I have had my bicycle stolen from outside my house so there are bike theives in the area. Actually, I believe I was one of the first to throw this scenario out. However, judging by where it was found, I believe this was the work of the perp and he may have rid of any more evidence into the water. I think he dumped her bike before his intentions with Mickey were done. She could be anywhere. I hope LE has solid leads.

ETA: Do you think a bike theif wouldn't come foreward for a $25,000 reward?

:waitasec:Maybe I don't? Thought I heard it... but if it was inconclusive or he failed why would LE say BW is NOT a suspect or a POI and is cooperating with them?

Maybe I *advertiser censored*-U-ME-D bad thing to do!

They do seem to be keeping it all very close to the vest ....but I have not heard them explicitly say BW is not a suspect or a POI, just as I have not heard them say Rocky McGee is not a suspect or POI.

/i have heard over and over that BW is not suspect, but never from LE
/i have heard RM has been 'cleared', but never from LE

Crystal clear, I live 2 blocks within the Mickey's last known spot. I have had my bicycle stolen from outside my house so there are bike theives in the area. Actually, I believe I was one of the first to throw this scenario out. However, judging by where it was found, I believe this was the work of the perp and he may have rid of any more evidence into the water. I think he dumped her bike before his intentions with Mickey were done. She could be anywhere. I hope LE has solid leads.

Honestly???
NO his legal fees could FAR exceed $25,000
moo

They do seem to be keeping it all very close to the vest ....but I have not heard them explicitly say BW is not a suspect or a POI, just as I have not heard them say Rocky McGee is not a suspect or POI.

Dang I was sure I heard LE I believe Moulton? state BW had been cleared.

Let me look for the link. Maybe it was his presser but I don't think it was.

Maybe it was Jane Velez? LOL

sorry. :computer:

seriously, i have been neglecting the laundry and cooking.

Same here. This site and this case is on my mind even when trying to go about daily tasks. I live right outside of Lafayette (south), been lurking since early on this case. I haven't been able to post since I can't seem to catch up and I don't want to disrupt the topic flow. Wouldn't consider jumping ahead because I'm a stickler for detail and wouldn't want to miss any posts. :book: Keep up the good work WS'ers.

Prayers go out for the Shunicks and ALL who have dedicated time and effort to this case.

The reward is prefaced by the return of Mickey Shunick. It's not likely that a simple bicycle thief would be able to provide any information or evidence to lead to that end.

It bothers me that she was not seen BUT we KNOW she was ok after the Taco Bell purchase sooo.... even if he told a little white lie and went alone and used her card to get her food... WAIT she TALKED to a friend WHILE at Taco Bell with him!
HE passed his poly and isn't a POI!

maybe she WAS laying down cause she felt bad?

I think the video indicated there was a passenger (probably Mickey) but the passenger was not visible. I believe BW handed food to the passenger.

The reward is prefaced by the return of Mickey Shunick. It's not likely that a simple bicycle thief would be able to provide any information or evidence to lead to that end.

He can provide a crime scene to LE as to where the bike was found. Nonetheless, how likely is it that a bike theif would dump the bike in Whiskey Bay, 30 miles away, when they could just sell it or dump it in Lafayette, within their means?

Also, this isn't a common belief among searcher or supervisors. Apparently not to LE either, they have combed the area many times for evidence.

Hey Dustibug, welcome and thanks for jumping in.

I'm in the process of working my way forward from page 35 when I dropped for a nap. Here for the nite shift now. :)

Same here. This site and this case is on my mind even when trying to go about daily tasks. I live right outside of Lafayette (south), been lurking since early on this case. I haven't been able to post since I can't seem to catch up and I don't want to disrupt the topic flow. Wouldn't consider jumping ahead because I'm a stickler for detail and wouldn't want to miss any posts. :book: Keep up the good work WS'ers.

Prayers go out for the Shunicks and ALL who have dedicated time and effort to this case.

Ive bn reading for awhile on this case & I started catching up this evening so I apologize if my 1st post is redundant or has bn discussed & thrown out. But I can't shake this yucky feeling that something isn't right w the sister. I just saw her latest article where she's telling the story of punching Mickey n the face followed by an odd insert of "I've never hit any1 again after that..." what? R u serious - that's what u want to tell the public when uve bn coached since the beginning by le to make people care abt Mickey. She starts the article w something abt maybe it was an ex of hers that mistook Mickey for her but then says she cleared that theory. She says little girls think she's a hero & tell her they hope 1 day they can do something for their sister like she's doing for Mickey. Again, what? Seriously - who's saying that to missing persons fam? U lose all sense of compassion & decency to say geez I hope my sis goes missing someday so I can be like u? there's an awful lot of I statements & not much abt Mickey that furthers a please help us please help us msg. She even talks abt how she thinks she's ok - almost like the MSG is don't worry too much abt her & now bk to me. I could be way off & maybe this is just a girl in shock not thinking clearly. I def don't want to attack family - but it isn't sounding right to me. Why are u not endearing the public to Mickey, why are u telling weird I punched her in the face stories. If someone has her u wldnt want to send a MSG of gee she made me so mad I had to pop her. I don't like it. Sorry for the length...it takes awhile to finally get to post after u join & I'm nothing if not redundant & also I repeat myself. I've thought stranger abduction from go - but now I'm wondering if there's something to the "someone she knew" or people she knew...

In your OPINION... do you think the bike could be unrelated?
I mean she was abducted and the bike was left behind...
THEN when "whoever" took the bike took it to the bay AFTER
finding out it was involved with a missing person
removing the identifying handle bars for transport...

It sounds crazy! Why not call LE and say hey I stole this bike. The girl
wasn't there...
They had to take both! Why hide it and not just toss it randomly??:banghead:

Am I making any sense?

bbm: I've always considered that a possibility, still do. As you say, though, there are some problems with the theory. But it seems there are, right now, with most theories ... because of gaps in our info.

I've been pulling a lot of all nighters lately trying to study for school and read all the post in here which isn't easy bc im on my phone an don't have a great signal
But anyway ... I've def. become addicted to this site!

He can provide a crime scene to LE as to where the bike was found. Nonetheless, how likely is it that a bike theif would dump the bike in Whiskey Bay, 30 miles away, when they could just sell it or dump it in Lafayette, within their means?

Also, this isn't a common belief among searcher or supervisors. Apparently not to LE either, they have combed the area many times for evidence.

Personally, I don't believe the simple bicycle thief scenario is likely, either. I was simply answering the question of why a 25K reward wouldn't be a motivation for someone who's not likely to collect it.

Things that are bugging me:

I'm still bothered by that security knowing Mickey's route. Yeah, I know, the guard is a woman. Why would Mickey tell some security guard her bike route? Even Charlie and Brettly thought she took a different route. This makes no sense to me.

What about the report that someone, in one of the neighborhoods that Mickey traveled, heard a scream and called the cops that night? Where and what time was that?

The person at Catfish Heaven who threw Mickey's missing poster on the ground. WTF???

Anyone?

For those not near here, Catfish Heaven is near Lake Martin, St. Martinville, Breaux Bridge, Henderson. I don't remember the time frame of the poster incident, possibly they knew one of their local boys was being interviewed.

Ok regarding BW it was in the press conference during the question and answers. He did not state the word cleared here but stated comfortable with his story.

So did not state have not ruled anyone out which I would expect if he had not been ruled out.

ETA That was in direct response to a question specific to BW.

Why would a simple bike thief need to use Whiskey Bay? There are swamps and bayous all over that hold no significance. It wasn't it's proximity to Lafayette, because there are places that would have been closer. Why Whiskey Bay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abcdowpp1