ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the six days since Magnotta's arrest, I've been looking for additional reporting on one aspect of the investigation that seems to have gone silent: From the Mirror (a UK based tabloid considered as MSM)
"French clubber reveals terror after spending two nights with fugitive gay *advertiser censored* star"
www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/cannibal-killer-i-slept-with-luka-rocco-861745

My roots as a journalist immediately made me recognize that, if true, this story has legs. The details and discussion of their alleged time together would merit coverage not only in tabloid publications, but also: MSM throughout Canada, local Paris media, GLBT-focused media and other MSM organizations because, in my opinion, if this is true, this guy has a story to tell.

However this story has completely disappeared.

Thoughts?

I think I've read this story in the french media too but it seems that it's not in my browser history. Anyway, there wasn't much info in the report.

I read in an MSM report (sorry no link) that he threw his phone in a rubbish bin in the Paris metro. However, the phone was found by a cleaner and used, leading police to think he was still in Paris when he was actually in Berlin.
need a link please.

In the six days since Magnotta's arrest, I've been looking for additional reporting on one aspect of the investigation that seems to have gone silent: From the Mirror (a UK based tabloid considered as MSM)
"French clubber reveals terror after spending two nights with fugitive gay *advertiser censored* star"

My roots as a journalist immediately made me recognize that, if true, this story has legs. The details and discussion of their alleged time together would merit coverage not only in tabloid publications, but also: MSM throughout Canada, local Paris media, GLBT-focused media and other MSM organizations because, in my opinion, if this is true, this guy has a story to tell.

Thoughts?

maybe he is a potential future witness & has been advised not to talk or maybe he's in hiding from all the vulturistic photogs (or maybe he never existed to begin with and the 'police source' was full of it)

Hastings it is not a news source it is potentially in fact likely a primary source in the case a letter of a friend of L.M. or L.M. himself. Of course we can't authenticate it from here (!) in fact my comment was in the form of an enquiry. Anyway the video itself is not from a trusted news source.

Trust me the police are searching for knowledge of L.M.'s movements and his link to other cases I doubt they are dusting off their first year psychology textbooks and discussing nature vs. nurture. But ok I will stick to the thread on that other case to discuss it though I do not see why we can't discuss possible links of L.M. to other cases. Even where he lived blocks away, really? Isn't that what the police are doing?

Bot? Let's all stay calm. There is great pressure in the Canadian media at least to contain this story and keep out all elements that link L.M. to 1. politics even though he sent a threatening letter to the P.M. 2. racist anti-immigrant groups even though he posted on Stormfront etc.3. organized crime and I don't think we only have to think Russian here 4. maybe especially high end prostitutes with high end clients and the potential fall-out if names get named. If you read the Wiki article on L.M.'s girlfriend she claims some high end contacts.

But we don't have to mirror that reluctance here.

Thoughts?

The guy might not be 'out' to his family & I can't think of a worse way to come out ...

"Mom, Dad ... I'm gay & by the way, you're going to be seeing some interviews I did in the news about how I harbored the Butcher of Montreal for 2 nights after I met him in a nightclub."

I think I've read this story in the french media too but it seems that it's not in my browser history. Anyway, there wasn't much info in the report.

Thanks 9InchNails. Given the sensational nature of the "reporting" of this case, would you agree that the guy who made the two day hookup claim and the details he could share of Magnotta's activities during those two days is something that would get huge media attention?

In fact, the reason I watched the video at all was because it is in line with my profession and this perp is one I care to study a bit, due to his unique profile.

No doubt "Grimm Love" was also watched for professional reasons, Hollywood is the best source of unbiased factual research.

If the full video came out I would watch it. I have a problem watching hard core non-consentual sadism however I doubt the video contains any such thing.

Does anyone know how he met the victim? If not, why is that still such a mystery? I am guessing it was online and LE knows how they met.

The guy might not be 'out' to his family & I can't think of a worse way to come out ...

"Mom, Dad ... I'm gay & by the way, you're going to be seeing some interviews I did in the news about how I harbored the Butcher of Montreal for 2 nights after I met him in a nightclub."

The MSM could easily protect his identity (using the proper, ethical sourcing methods to do this) if this was the case. The MSM does this all the time, like when Greta's opinion program interviewed the Anthony juror.

I am very interested in what sort of tools LE found in his apartment, the dismemberment cuts are VERY CLEAN and almost such that you would assume they were done professionally by a surgeon, the body is not all hacked up, the cuts are clean and precise and there IS NO WAY he was able to hack through the bone with the little steak knife he had in the video because he did not dismember at JOINTS he had to have cut through bone on several occasions leading me to believe he at least used a hand saw, since the neighbor did not hear anything I doubt he was using an electrical saws although they do have cordless saws these days that are pretty quiet. But there is no doubt he had more tools than just the steak knife you see in the video and it seems he certainly must have had some experience with dismemberment because it doesnt look like the job of a rookie.

"Canadian police have launched a cold case review on suspicion Magnotta may be a serial killer who has murdered many times".

This is from the article on the French guy who picked him up in Paris it is the Mirror online since someone else has linked to it a few posts back I am hoping it fits into the definition of a trusted news source. To be honest it is not what I myself would call a trusted or official news source but I think it fits the rules here.

Thanks 9InchNails. Given the sensational nature of the "reporting" of this case, would you agree that the guy who made the two day hookup claim and the details he could share of Magnotta's activities during those two days is something that would get huge media attention?

He has no obligation to speak to the media. His obligation ends with telling his story to LE. At least he didn't come out & publicly state he was entertaining bids for his story like the internet cafe employee.

I have a hunch that the French are more tight-lipped about such matters than we Americans are. Can anyone shed any light on this?

My hunch is this is his first murder, because he made a lot of mistakes. Having said that, if I was LE I would be checking his past movements very carefully for any link with previous murders, because there's always the chance that he got away with a few before and just got sloppy.

I have seen several people state that the authorities have now for certain determined that it is Luka in the video. This is NOT apparent in the edited version and the assumption is that in the unedited version that the authorities have he can be seen. I have found NO reports that indicates this but it has been stated here as fact several times, so can anyone show me a report where it indicates that he can be SEEN in the unedited version and the authorities have FOR CERTAIN tied him to the video, because I dont believe that is the case.

I am looking for stuff myself but not finding anything yet.

I posted this on that last page of the last thread. Catching up AGAIN, sorry if it's been answered already. :blushing:

Originally Posted by susan1122 View Post
A bit of ESP going on there? Yes, it must have blown you away!

About if it was him in the video.....I just hope that they have irrefutable evidence.

Catching up again, but would this be "irrefutable evidence"?

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/...#ixzz1x35Nl1IN

Quote:
May 30: Viewing of the video at 4 a.m. allowed Montreal police to ascertain the victim was Asian. They linked this to a missing person’s report filed May 28 for 33-year-old Concordia University student Lin, who was last seen on May 24. A close friend of Lin later confirms the identity

"not a rookie" yes Paximus I agree and maybe not just someone who has practiced rather someone who was trained/taught.

[bbm]

this is like a game of telephone tag IMO & this is why we need to post MSM links
I agree about links, but I think we all understand what basics are true: that Luka left it in the subway and from that point on it was not moved on Luka's person. Whether the cleaner who found it then traveled by car or subway train or foot or a mixture of all three, I think it's irrelevant at this point. It's interesting though, but personally I'm focusing on finding evidence that proves guilt beyond reasonable doubt; otherwise I would have spent the time finding a link for you. :)

He has no obligation to speak to the media. His obligation ends with telling his story to LE. At least he didn't come out & publicly state he was entertaining bids for his story like the internet cafe employee.

I have a hunch that the French are more tight-lipped about such matters than we Americans are. Can anyone shed any light on this?

I lived in France for 7 years, and definitely found them to be bigger on privacy than us in the UK at least. There is quite a big barrier between media and private life, and stricter privacy laws than we have here.

Yeah, that movie was disturbing. There was not a high degree of gore, it was more the psychological implications that were disturbing. Very dark and soul piercing.

Back to gay cannibals, the film you mentioned. They are about the happiest friendliest least sadistic folks one could ever meet in those circles. Also IMO the most real online as far as actual incidents go (not that I have any stats, I am sure there have been a whole lot of "accidental" hangings with web cams running as well).

A few years ago I was corresponding with one guy, he was very friendly and sent me several stories (cause I was running a story site at the time). Nice guy, funny, chipper etc.... I am certain he went down that road and he ever came back. He had been with the same partner for 20 years, they found his jeep abandoned.

He was looking for real, much like Armin's "victim", and he found it. I wish him God's Speed as he was a nice guy.

"not a rookie" yes Paximus I agree and maybe not just someone who has practiced rather someone who was trained/taught.

Well this isnt the place for my crazy far out theories but I do have some about who and what Luka might really be, what the purpose of this all could be and who he may be working for and trained by. From the sound of your previous posts I think we are on the same page wrt some of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA