Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
State politics - he was going to run for a local MP or something. I have read it in MSM. No other sources. By the way, Julie Bishop is one of his friends on FB.[/

Thanks, so whats makes you think he unwillingly wanted to enter politics?

Also, regarding the Julie Bishop FB connection -
Can you confirm if it Bishop's MP Facebook account or her personal FB account?

Campbell Newman is one of his FB friends too. I don't think it does make any difference to this case if he has some politicians as contacts on FB.

Happy Medium,

the dogs at Anstead were howling and then barking.

Two different situations.

I didn't know they were shepherds.

And don't forget it was a new moon which is the quietest time for dogs and possums

You could very well be correct. I dont personally know GBC, but I really don't believe that being friends with a federal MP on FB proves anything. JMO

Look ,nothing we have will prove anything.
But looking at his friends on FB and who he spent time with helps with our profiling of GBC.
It is a little clearer to determine a motive if you understand the persons profile.
Motive : You need to be pretty angry to murder your wife I would think, and a motive is a major piece of this huge puzzle.
Who what where when and why?

HOO DUN IT: Valid points to consider in the mix. How we assume things. We don't know that the alleged domestic argument was GBC and ABC. In addition, It equally could have been ABC and somebody(s) else.

Valid point! Thanks :)

Campbell Newman is one of his FB friends too. I don't think it does make any difference to this case if he has some politicians as contacts on FB.

IMHO Julie Bishop wouldn't look twice at GBC. She's used to dealing with genuinely powerful and accomplished people, however Campbell Newman, with influence from the right quarters, just might because he's a numpty, IMHO.

willough, I thought we were kind of forum friends. I am sad about this.:tears: I think you misunderstand me.I enjoy reading your posts.
I'll take a break

Willough and Curious -

Aunty is right - we need you both as you give so much on this forum.

The problem (I've said it before) is that the landscape of a forum is a flat landscape - there is no tone of the voice etc (only emoticons)
so it is easy to take someone's meaning out of context.

Big hugs to you both - I love both of your input.

Yes but it shows what he was interested in ( where his mind was at) where he focused his life!
It shows he desperately wanted to be a politician! Did he try to be friends with many other high profile politicians?
Was Allison silenced( murdered) close to the election? :what:
At a time when he would be considered to be the face of a particular party?
Was he smelling the success and very close to achieving his dream?

Was TM also following this dream ? And daddyo too?

Doesn't make sense to me, sorry. Why, if was considering politics as a career, would he have gone to the enormous expense of moving offices, putting himself into more debt? He could have stayed where he was at the previous office then.

And don't forget it was a new moon which is the quietest time for dogs and possums

Possum - you are the best; so wise!

I always look forward to your posts........

Hmmm I haven't heard that one before about the new moon but I will take your word for it.

Mind you, if there is a cat acting annoying sitting on a fence, just out of reach - most dogs will go off! lol

However, in Scraps case, I have thought that he was reacting to the two footed variety of stimulus!

Those dogs howling at Anstead intrigued me when I read it as I have not experienced dogs howling at an intruder etc
then a couple of weeks ago I went to a friend's acreage property and her next door neighbour's dogs were on a balcony and though some distance away from us, they heard us talking in the yard and started howling, not barking!

Doesn't make sense to me, sorry. Why, if was considering politics as a career, would he have gone to the enormous expense of moving offices, putting himself into more debt? He could have stayed where he was at the previous office then.

People who crave power and influence often will do whatever it takes to get it. Most politicians become politicians because deep down they're control freaks who crave power. IMHO. Politics is all about gaining and holding power.

He obviously didn't pursue the state election thing as that election was less than 2 weeks away. I thought he was looking at the Federal election which would make more sense. Not sure that it makes any difference anyway. JMO

Don't be concerned so much about where this post is leading us to , rather take grannies info and use it to add another piece to this puzzle . She has helped me to see a motive for murder.
Thanks Grannie what other thoughts do you have?

The problem is that I don't think he was considering politics as a career, therefore cannot see it as a motive.

People who crave power and influence often will do whatever it takes to get it. Most politicians become politicians because deep down they're control freaks who crave power. IMHO. Politics is all about gaining and holding power.

... and deceiving IMO!

Yes but it shows what he was interested in ( where his mind was at) where he focused his life!
It shows he desperately wanted to be a politician! Did he try to be friends with many other high profile politicians?
Was Allison silenced( murdered) close to the election? :what:
At a time when he would be considered to be the face of a particular party?
Was he smelling the success and very close to achieving his dream?

Was TM also following this dream ? And daddyo too?

Courier Mail article 6/5/2012 below may clarify the 'political aspirations', which were back in 2004.

AS POLICE continued the hunt for Allison Baden-Clay's killer, a picture is emerging of the close ties the prominent family has to the community in Brisbane's affluent western suburbs.
Husband Gerard was once favoured in the LNP ranks as a future member of parliament, touted by at least one federal MP as the "best candidate" in the Moggill electorate for the 2004 state election.
"I thought he was definitely a future state government minister," said former LNP member and federal Ryan MP Michael Johnson. "He has a very strong pro-business background and that is the DNA of the Liberal Party."
Mr Baden-Clay, 41, has focused on building his real estate business Century 21 Westside in past years, maintaining connections to high-profile identities including sitting Moggill MP Bruce Flegg.
He has been president of the Kenmore and District Chamber of Commerce since 2004 and been involved in the Brookfield State School P&C.
Mr Baden-Clay's affinity with the LNP is evident on social networking sites where he is "friends" with Federal Ryan MP Jane Prentice, former Cunningham MP and expelled LNP member Stuart Copeland, Premier Campbell Newman, former LNP leader John-Paul Langbroek, and federal deputy Opposition leader Julie Bishop.
Others in the party were aware of Mr Baden-Clay's strong community networks, but said they didn't believe he was lining up for endorsement.
Mr Johnson, who was disendorsed by the LNP in 2010, said he had met Mr Baden-Clay many times at public functions and was disappointed he wasn't "active in the political scene".
"I thought he was someone who could've taken over from (former Liberal leader) David Watson," Mr Johnson said

Willough and Curious -

Aunty is right - we need you both as you give so much on this forum.

The problem (I've said it before) is that the landscape of a forum is a flat landscape - there is no tone of the voice etc (only emoticons)
so it is easy to take someone's meaning out of context.

Big hugs to you both - I love both of your input.

The same with emails ... that's why we should always be careful how we word our emails/posts/letters, etc. JMHO.

This could be his motive for murder.
Maybe the influentIal figures supporting him in his conquest to be a politician did tell him and her that he would be dumped from the party , if he had any involvment in DV or pending divorce issues.
If Allison was about to divorce him and shout to the world he was an adulterer and an abusive husband, then he would need to silence her to keep his ambitious dream. But how do you silence your wife?
Her last words to him , im getting a divorce, could have sent him into narcisstic rage. This rage is the most dangerous rage and could easily result in murder!
"I'm divorcing you and everyone will finally know about you . I'm not going to stand beside you and lie to my community and my friends that you should represent them in politics. " maybe the dirt she was about to expose was adultery, abuse, and (tax fraud /business fraud)
Omg granny you have hit the nail on the head for the motive.
He had super grandiose plans to be in politics , ( the ultimate position to feed his narcissist desires) and if she divorced him, he would definately fail.
To keep his political ambition alive , she had to be silenced. He would have wanted to shut her up. How do you get the voting pubic to be deaf to this news. Say she's crazy? No that wont work! He couldn't achieve any way to silence her.
She had to die via suicide and depression. He would not be tainted by this and might even get sympathy from the public. He would then be able to continue on his journey to be in politics, and rub shoulders with greatness (in his mind only)
The rest is history.
Thanks granny you are amazing. :rocker:

Yes I'm with you, imagine the sympathy vote a bereaved widower would get, as opposed to a philandering womaniser, to say the least.
IMO

Not necessarily - for if these cars were seen at the Anstead shops - then they need to turn left off Mt. Crosby Rd to go into the car park of those shops. A car travelling towards Kholo Bridge would turn left and a car coming from Kholo bridge would need to turn right into the street where the inlet is for the car park. Where both of the cars parked in that car park - one would not being able to tell which direction they came from. The car park can only be made through the road they turn down onto from Mt. Crosby Rd.

Thanks coffeechick. Do you know if the cars were sighted in the actual carpark of the (Mower?) shop? If so, then yes, it would be anyone's guess as to the direction they were travelling. I just presumed that they were parked on the side of the road, adjacent/outside the shops - isn't there a large, gravel area there that they could have pulled over on?

IMHO Julie Bishop wouldn't look twice at GBC. She's used to dealing with genuinely powerful and accomplished people, however Campbell Newman, with influence from the right quarters, just might because he's a numpty, IMHO.

For us to do his profile : We need also to look at who he was seeking as a friend on FB and not worry too much about who would have wanted or not wanted to know him and or to be his friend too.
He aspired to rub Shoulders with these people and FB helped him believe he did have friends in political places.( narcissists paint false pictures of themselves and they really believe this persona they have created.) gosh I have trouble typing, ignore my mistakes pls.
*I have to go as my family are sitting here waiting for me to join their lives . Im needed else where so Gotta go . talk later tonight . Xx

I've re-read this article again, published by the Courier Mail on 23 April, three days after Allison was reported missing. Some things stand out for me (BBM below).

Brittany Vonow and Alison Sandy From: The Courier-Mail April 23, 2012 2:41PM

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ul-plea-for-help/story-e6freoof-1226336283974

Quote:
Police investigating her disappearance said it was a traumatic time for her children who were very close to their mother and had not seen her since Friday morning.Unquote:

So according to this article and as quoted by police, Allison's daughters had not seen their mother since Friday morning. How is that the girls saw their mother on the Friday morning? Does this mean they were in fact at home on the Thursday night and Allison was alive on the Friday morning?

Quote:
They wouldn’t comment on whether foul play could be involved but said the search had been extensive and they had used helicopters and infra-red technology.Unquote:

IMO this is where the story was borne that Allison's body didn't have any evidence of foul play. The CM has just run with this story throughout due to the lack of any further information from police and it has now become 'fact'. IMO it is sloppy and lazy reporting on the CM's part.

Quote:
It is believed she left her home before 6am Friday morning to go for her regular walk.Unquote:

It is believed that Allison left her home before 6am Friday morning. Where did the CM glean this information from? They are not quoting the police here. IMO they are going on hearesay and once again it is sloppy reporting, not investigative reporting. I realise that the media, including the CM are under an embargo but IMO it's about time that the so called investigative reporters at the Courier Mail lifted their game.

BBM.

MOO.

I can't believe nobody has responded to this post. The first bolded quote, if true, means Allison can't have died the Thursday night.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are the CM meant to say Thursday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drena519