Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that I don't think he was considering politics as a career, therefore cannot see it as a motive.

I don't see it as a motive either.

Perhaps GBC is just enamoured of politicians because of the power and influence they have and groupies on them just so he can name drop and it makes him feel important. People like that think if they can get close to the power(ful) theen a little bit of that power transfers itself to them. You've seen those 12 year old girls and Justin Bieber? Well, adults do it, too, just more discretely but with no more dignity.

Perhaps GBC secretly entertains fantasies of becoming Prime Minister one day. It would help block out the pain of failure and provide a nice refuge from the reality of his banal existence. If he could make it happen, boy, would they look at him differently! But that is just a fantasy...sigh.

Just re: the 2 car theories, here's mine.

Another reason why two cars are taken is if somebody is visiting from interstate and you lend them your car.

I'm just trying to think off the beaten track, so to speak, with a "what if Pastor Ian (or Pastor Skip, as I like to call him) and/or his wife were involved?" scenario.

ABC is at the hairdressers. GBC calls her and says, "Relative X has asked us to dinner/coffee etc. I've loaned them my car so come home and pick me up and we'll go and meet them. I know you've got a conference tomorrow but so have I and they're not down that often so we really should spend some time."

ABC agrees, picks up GBC, unidentified relative/s are waiting further down the track and murder ensues. Cue Olive's concerned and timely appearance the next morning just in time to take the kids to school. What if she was already here and had been for a day or two?

Perhaps ABC is privvy to info regarding dodgy land deals that GBC and Pastor Skip and possibly others are involved in, maybe with respect to the Church, maybe not. Maybe dodgy development approvals are being pushed through. Maybe Allison stands up and says, "You've got to be kidding me." Maybe Allison becomes a liability that might stop everyone else in the family making a killing and clawing back some of the status associated with the name Baden Powell. Maybe that's where Paul Tully's 5 accomplices come from. 2 (Nige and Elaine) plus 2 (Pastor Skip and Olive Oil), plus 1 = GBC.

Just putting it out there for you to rip to shreds or build on as you see fit. I'm not a sleuther, per se, I just have a vivid imagination.

... but, according to the hairdresser, Allison allegedly said she had the night off after the appointment.

Perhaps GBC is just enamoured of politicians because of the power and influence they have and groupies on them just so he can name drop and it makes them feel important. They touch the power and a little bit of it transfers into them. You've seen those 12 year old girls and Justin Bieber? Well, adults do it, too, just more discretely but with no more dignity.

Perhaps GBC secretly entertains fantasies of becoming Prime Minister one day. It would help block out the pain of failure and provide a nice refuge from the reality of his banal existence. If he could make it happen, boy, would they look at him differently! But that is just a fantasy...sigh.

You hit the nail on the head .... "Groupie"!

I can't believe nobody has responded to this post. The first bolded quote, if true, means Allison can't have died the Thursday night.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are the CM meant to say Thursday morning.

There were many inconsistencies reported in the early days, however I'm pretty sure Det Insp Ainsworth later stated/clarified that she was last seen by her husband at 10 pm on the Thursday night, watching the Footy Show.

Could it be that they had an argument after she got home from the hairdresser and had dressed in trackers and a tshirt to unwind, police rock up, only GBC there 'says she has just walked off towards Winrock street' police call ABC on mobile, she is shocked police are there does what most women do in situations like that and says 'no I am ok just taking a breather', police leave, GBC is livid that his reputation is being sullied by having police turn up at door and looses the plot goes looking for Alisson, grabs her, she screams, he strangles her, she looses the phone, he gets her back to the car and rings NBC.

He later realises that the phone is missing and cannot exactly remember where. Maybe the police is/was so keen to find the phone as that may be the place where Alisson met her demise. MOO
RATIONAL: All possible. In addition, there was a rumor in a previous thread that GBC was embarrassed at the supermarket checkout when his card had no money left on it. This would be embarrassing in public in an affluent area such as Brookfield. My opinion only, not fact.

... but, according to the hairdresser, Allison allegedly said she had the night off after the appointment.

Night off meaning what? No kids? The kids are round at Nan and Pop's visiting with Uncle Pastor Skip and Aunty Olivia. So nice to get a break?

For us to do his profile : We need also to look at who he was seeking as a friend on FB and not worry too much about who would have wanted or not wanted to know him and or to be his friend too.
He aspired to rub Shoulders with these people and FB helped him believe he did have friends in political places.( narcissists paint false pictures of themselves and they really believe this persona they have created.) gosh I have trouble typing, ignore my mistakes pls.

Our "quoting" is going haywire again .... I did not say that :what:

I can't believe nobody has responded to this post. The first bolded quote, if true, means Allison can't have died the Thursday night.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are the CM meant to say Thursday morning.

I think it's a mistake too Nads - I think it was supposed to be Thursday. :waitasec:

Night off meaning what? No kids? The kids are round at Nan and Pop's visiting with Uncle Pastor Skip and Aunty Olivia. So nice to get a break?

Night off ... meaning no commitment ... to go for dinner with OW and husband , as indicated in the earlier scenario.

Our "quoting" is going haywire again .... I did not say that :what:

Aunty did and then i quoted you quoting aunty... Aunty's name is at the top ofthe post. It's a quote within a quote. Quite confusing. I'll be more careful in future.

I totally see that GBC was grooming himself for a possible foray into politics one day. Did you see his CV? Chamber of Commerce, school P&C etc. Who does all that? I can see him aspiring to the political life. It's why we are always so unhappy with our politicians.

I think his family may have had political aspirations for him too.

Just my thoughts!

RATIONAL: All possible. In addition, there was a rumor in a previous thread that GBC was embarrassed at the supermarket checkout when his card had no money left on it. This would be embarrassing in public in an affluent area such as Brookfield. My opinion only, not fact.

Hi Fuskier.....I hadnt heard about the card being declined...is that fact ?...wow...he would have been mortified.

:spinner:

Courier Mail article 6/5/2012 below may clarify the 'political aspirations', which were back in 2004.

AS POLICE continued the hunt for Allison Baden-Clay's killer, a picture is emerging of the close ties the prominent family has to the community in Brisbane's affluent western suburbs.
Husband Gerard was once favoured in the LNP ranks as a future member of parliament, touted by at least one federal MP as the "best candidate" in the Moggill electorate for the 2004 state election.
"I thought he was definitely a future state government minister," said former LNP member and federal Ryan MP Michael Johnson. "He has a very strong pro-business background and that is the DNA of the Liberal Party."
Mr Baden-Clay, 41, has focused on building his real estate business Century 21 Westside in past years, maintaining connections to high-profile identities including sitting Moggill MP Bruce Flegg.
He has been president of the Kenmore and District Chamber of Commerce since 2004 and been involved in the Brookfield State School P&C.
Mr Baden-Clay's affinity with the LNP is evident on social networking sites where he is "friends" with Federal Ryan MP Jane Prentice, former Cunningham MP and expelled LNP member Stuart Copeland, Premier Campbell Newman, former LNP leader John-Paul Langbroek, and federal deputy Opposition leader Julie Bishop.
Others in the party were aware of Mr Baden-Clay's strong community networks, but said they didn't believe he was lining up for endorsement.
Mr Johnson, who was disendorsed by the LNP in 2010, said he had met Mr Baden-Clay many times at public functions and was disappointed he wasn't "active in the political scene".
"I thought he was someone who could've taken over from (former Liberal leader) David Watson," Mr Johnson said

Thanks for posting this report KG...long time ago..eight years in fact...so it's a bit of hugeee stretch for someone to post "GBC was preparing himself for politics"...when it simply isn't the truth or fact.

The link for the report...

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...touted-as-lnp-mp/story-e6frep2f-1226347642847

Pretty Sure the pastor was still in Townsville, possible with their kids . Only Liv came down.

Perhaps GBC is just enamoured of politicians because of the power and influence they have and groupies on them just so he can name drop and it makes him feel important. People like that think if they can get close to the power(ful) theen a little bit of that power transfers itself to them. You've seen those 12 year old girls and Justin Bieber? Well, adults do it, too, just more discretely but with no more dignity.

I absolutely agree SKMA...as CaseClosed has also mentioned...nothing more than a "groupie"... in my opinion.

Basically a 'look out' person.
But then police could be called in from any direction and not just be travelling from the Indro Station...and police are sometimes in 'unmarked' vehicles.
I know when I was in Brookfield yesterday...a small dark hatchback suddenly stuck a police siren on it's roof and pulled over someone...scaring the absolute pants off me...nearly dropped my pie:what:
HAPPYMEDIUM: :floorlaugh:

I believe it's very possible he had political ambitions, I recall reading his speech he gave to Kenmore High School. He must have been so impressed with it that he reproduced it somewhere on a Century 21 website. Sorry I no longer have the link but it gave quite an insight into GBC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucasmiller