LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what DWT stands for. If this is a truck that is considered evidence in this case, it could be on its way to state police crime lab in Baton Rouge.

DWT= Damn White Truck

Thanks...sure hope this is the truck!

I would not be surprised if we never hear about this again...(the towing of this truck...)

Yeah I know.... that's the maddening aspect of the whole thing. There are times that I feel like we are a bunch of crazies here (no offense anyone:)) for being so devoted in the absence of actual info.

If they are coming to Baton Rouge, how long before crossing Whiskey Bay?

ETA: about 1.5 hours since first reported here.
Pooh ... we missed em then if they were heading to BTR. It's about 45-60 min. drive depending on traffic.

Are we sure about this sighting of a DWT being towed? I don't want to get my hopes up! I think I need confirmation before I will believe it.

No we aren't sure. We are going off the word of a local whose co-worker saw the truck being towed.

It looks like (from google maps) depending upon the way the alleged tow truck (saying alleged since I did not see it) was heading they could have gone right in front of The Daily Advertiser's offices. Maybe someone at the newspaper noticed the caravan.

Mine too. I hate that. Felt the same way when the news about RM broke.

Just a bit logistical info - it it turns out to RM's truck and they got it where he lives it wouldn't have been seen in Lafayette.

eta: If indeed it were being brought to BR crime lab. They'd have jumped on I-10 at Henderson or Breaux Bridge, east of Lafayette.

I drove to Lafayette yesterday and volunteered. I absolutely do not think that anyone there (search organizers/leaders) thinks she was "run over" - that's not to say that no one thinks that she could have been hit. JMO

It looks like (from google maps) depending upon the way the alleged tow truck (saying alleged since I did not see it) was heading they could have gone right in front of The Daily Advertiser's offices. Maybe someone at the newspaper noticed the caravan.

Yep.

(entire sarcastic portion of response deleted)

:)

ACI an Chicken must be following the tow truck! They must be hot on the case and too busy to check in on their smartphones.

I am joking, sort of....I hope they are hot on the case.

Just a bit logistical info - it it turns out to RM's truck and they got it where he lives it wouldn't have been seen in Lafayette.

eta: If indeed it were being brought to BR crime lab. They'd have jumped on I-10 at Henderson or Breaux Bridge, east of Lafayette.

I see how my post may have been misleading but I wasn't insinuating it was RM's truck. I think we all realize that he's been "cleared" (according to ACI).

Btw, I know it's impossible to remember everyone's history but I'm a Lafayette native ;)

Yeah I know.... that's the maddening aspect of the whole thing. There are times that I feel like we are a bunch of crazies here (no offense anyone:)) for being so devoted in the absence of actual info.

I stay because I am keeping vigil with others doing the same. It gives me some measure of comfort to be here with folks who care as much as I do. Including you, you've spent so much time here with us. I know we all just feel helpless.

I stay because I am keeping vigil with others doing the same. It gives me some measure of comfort to be here with folks who care as much as I do. Including you, you've spent so much time here with us. I know we all just feel helpless.

I feel obligated to bear witness. I felt the same way after the tsunami in Japan. I owed them my attention.

Makes no sense, but it is what it is.

And I'm feeling extra bad for Jaren Lockhart today.

Definitely. I haven't even been able to actually cry about the whole thing, but I would really like to. Very sad. I come here for comfort too.

For those of you that live in the area... Have you heard of the "knock out game"? It started out as young people, usually men, approaching a victim and punching them unexpectedly, trying to knock them out. Now, it has escalated into groups of young men that attack a lone bicyclist.

It may be a gang initiation type activity. There are alerts for this in some communities. Just not safe to do anything anymore.

This sounds like happy slapping. It was big in UK a couple years back. Charming.

Nothing new on the 5:00 PM news. They interviewed her poor mom who stated " there is a reward for info leading to MS and if you want more we can give our cars or home" I feel vey sorry for her family.

Bless her heart :heartbeat: I can only imagine how she is feeling. I would also give anything to get my child back, even if it were my own body or life. Parents are not supposed to out live their children.

Writing this doesn't accomplish anything, but...

LIFE CAN BE REALLY UNFAIR.

I was working on my attitude, and got to the point that I really liked the world I live in, and then this happened.

Events like this really shake your sense of well being if you are a woman and relate to the victim. Or if you relate the family of the victim.

And I guess that spells it out. Somehow the perp doesn't relate to the victim or the family. How dangerous.

Life in this dimension, the physical plane, can be brutal. For most people, it is. I'm a spiritual person, not religious, and came to the conclusion that the Creator/GOD/whatever you want to call it, isn't an entity that answers prayers. There is no interference with man's free will. I DO think prayers can be effective because I think our thoughts have an impact on how reality takes shape. I'm also deep into politics and conspiracy and I KNOW for a fact how corrupt and evil this plane is, yet we have to find joy in our own lives. By each one of us deciding to be the most loving, compassionate and aware person we can be, I do think it's lifts up the whole of humanity but, damn, the bad stuff out there is just Satanic and it can really get you down. Finding a balance between being an awake, fully conscious human being and not letting our awareness of evil drag us down, can be really tough. I experienced that working in animal rights where I had to focus on the good that was done and not just the horrors. It's really hard, sometimes :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palenp