ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the law suit was for 3.5 million, but the intial policy was for 1.5

It appears the OM will be visiting the states to meet with the FBI regarding the case.

To go to USA for FBI consultation case Gardner
WEDNESDAY, 20 JUNE 2012 09: 42

ORANJESTAD — the public prosecution service (OM) will soon with the FBI in the United States talking about the matter-Robyn Gardner. "There is a number of research questions at the FBI plotted on which we will have," Chief Prosecutor Peter Blanken tells to Amigoe.

Also the FBI has questions about the State of affairs of the research and the results which it has posted. The forthcoming visit to the American authorities has nothing to do with the recent demand of prime suspect, according to Gary Giordano. "Coincidentally falls to visit together," says spokesperson Ann Angela. Giordano complains the insurance arm of American Express. The company life insurance of the u.s. refuses namely Robyn Gardner to pay out. Gardner disappeared without trace during a vacation on Aruba last year August.

<snip>

Spokesperson Angela tells that the visit to the US is not uncommon. "We have very regular contact with the FBI. But also with the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration). That is very important for us. " To the question what is the reason for the visit, spokesman says that it is a logical stage in the investigation. "We are almost a year further. We want clarity about the plotted search queries. " Wrote last year that it had a request Amigoe deposited with the United States and had more questions about phone information of both under the victim as the suspects. Which research questions are still open, could give no reply thereto a Chief Prosecutor Whites this morning.

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/...gardner?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I wonder if it is really common for Aruba prosecution to come to the states to meet with the FBI. It is interesting that this happens almost immediately following GG's insurance claim.

From what I understand here, as it's all a little jumbled up as a result of the translation, there are questions being posed by Aruba prosecution concerning phone records of GG and Robyn? And other "research" questions which they don't reveal here?

I thought the law suit was for 3.5 million, but the intial policy was for 1.5

As did I. How could the information have been so misreported, or, how could the amount have changed? Puzzling.

I wonder if it is really common for Aruba prosecution to come to the states to meet with the FBI. It is interesting that this happens almost immediately following GG's insurance claim.

From what I understand here, as it's all a little jumbled up as a result of the translation, there are questions being posed by Aruba prosecution concerning phone records of GG and Robyn? And other "research" questions which they don't reveal here?

I have been wondering the same thing

It would seem important for them to travel to the US when a phone call would do to ask a question. And the timing is interesting
JMO

Yes I agree with you
If he staged her death, he would probably sanitize the scene
The rental car was useless to LE

Yes, since they weren't investigating it as anything other than an accidental drowning, I doubt they even checked the car. Also, if GG did do anything to Robyn in the car, he surely would have cleaned it already anyway. I'm coming to the belief that whatever happened, whatever it was, didn't happen in the car.

As did I. How could the information have been so misreported, or, how could the amount have changed? Puzzling.

I don't think its misreported
I think he is suing for the larger amount

I don't think its misreported
I think he is suing for the larger amount

A larger amount than the insurance policy was for? If so, how can he possibly do that?

Yes, since they weren't investigating it as anything other than an accidental drowning, I doubt they even checked the car. Also, if GG did do anything to Robyn in the car, he surely would have cleaned it already anyway. I'm coming to the belief that whatever happened, whatever it was, didn't happen in the car.

I feel the only way something may have happened in that car was if it was some kind of spontaneous combustion, nothing premeditated

If such a thing happened, and I am inclined to agree that nothing happened in the car, he would have had time to clear away anything obvious

The car was returned and cleaned by the rental company
Were any tests done to detect blood?

I feel the only way something may have happened in that car was if it was some kind of spontaneous combustion, nothing premeditated

If such a thing happened, and I am inclined to agree that nothing happened in the car, he would have had time to clear away anything obvious

The car was returned and cleaned by the rental company
Were any tests done to detect blood?

Later, and IIRC nothing was found.

A man considered a person of interest in a woman&#8217;s 2011 disappearance in Aruba filed a lawsuit Thursday against an insurance company for allegedly failing to pay a death benefit on her life.

Gary Giordano is suing Chicago-based AmEx Assurance Company for the $3.5 million benefit, which he contends in a suit filed in Cook County Circuit Court. was part of a travel insurance policy he took out before his trip to Aruba with Robyn Lynn Gardner.

Forester said he was originally told the benefit was $1.5 million, though Giordano is seeking $2 million more through the suit.

The lawsuit said the $3.5 million was the &#8220;full death benefit,&#8221; and Gardner was a &#8220;covered person&#8221; in the policy.

The two-count suit seeks the full death benefit as well as additional damages.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/13193....- in-aruba.html

A man considered a person of interest in a woman’s 2011 disappearance in Aruba filed a lawsuit Thursday against an insurance company for allegedly failing to pay a death benefit on her life.

Gary Giordano is suing Chicago-based AmEx Assurance Company for the $3.5 million benefit, which he contends in a suit filed in Cook County Circuit Court. was part of a travel insurance policy he took out before his trip to Aruba with Robyn Lynn Gardner.

Forester said he was originally told the benefit was $1.5 million, though Giordano is seeking $2 million more through the suit.

The lawsuit said the $3.5 million was the “full death benefit,” and Gardner was a “covered person” in the policy.

The two-count suit seeks the full death benefit as well as additional damages.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/13193....- in-aruba.html

This man, GG, is so audacious it is mind boggling, "additional damages"? Absolutely amazing.

When I see a thanks, I immediately think the thanker agrees with the posters point of view

there are some posters who "thank" every post in a thread to know where they've left off reading... so it seems there are a few other reasons posts get thanked other than just "the obvious"...

This man, GG, is so audacious it is mind boggling, "additional damages"? Absolutely amazing.

His actions are not surprising, IMO
He is arrogant. Above it all

What I meant in my post before was that the car should have been searched while it was still there at the scene where he claimed that she drowned. She could have hit her head on a rock and stumbled to car while GG pretended to seek help on foot. I would think LE would have checked out the car right then. I think if this had happened here in the US it would have been, and according to a witness GG seemed intoxicated while talking to LE.

I should have also said that drinking and driving seems overlooked. In the NH case it seemed to be as well. Are there any numbers of tickets they hand out a year for DUI's in Aruba?

A larger amount than the insurance policy was for? If so, how can he possibly do that?

this is the chart from amex: as you can see the largest payout for accidental death is $1.5 million...

Travel Accident Protection
Coverage for an accident resulting in death or dismemberment while on your trip, starting from the moment you leave to the moment you arrive home.

Basic
Up to $250,000
Up to $250,000
$22.00

Silver
Up to $500,000
Up to $500,000
$38.00

Gold
Up to $1,000,000
Up to $1,000,000
$54.00

Platinum
Up to $1,500,000
Up to $1,500,000
$70.00

the other $2 million? he's trying to "punish" amex for not paying even though it has not been 365 days yet? he's crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80