Armchair psych profile and personal background

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! DEF the wrong person. I'd probably be less bored with life and have a lot more money if I was in adult entertainment!
Funny, I bet you thought what the heck, this dude is already all over the place - where did he come up with this!
Enjoying the mental stimulation, and healthy discourse, from reading you all, but the navigating is making me think I need to go find some Risperdol -- Luka is far away tho! ha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We do know what medication it is, and it definitely is a psychotropic drug.
(It was stated by a journalist on twitter just before the publication ban).
So it's not all just guessing.
Can somone update me on the publication ban first hearing of it?

Another twisted thought I have (trying to think like LM... :/ )......anyway...is that LM could have drugged Lin Jun with the psychotropics he was using himself. He may have also concocted some sort of coma cocktail using other known sedative type drugs. Some of these type of meds can totally knock you off your feet and make you out of it. Especially if you don't have the condition.

My nephew was on respirdone for many years along with clonedine (sp?) and ritalin for adhd and aspergers. He was very angry and could become violent. Not to mention ocd. Very scary!

We do know what medication it is, and it definitely is a psychotropic drug.
(It was stated by a journalist on twitter just before the publication ban).
So it's not all just guessing.

but we are not discussing it... right peeps? thanks!:rocker:

(this includes what "class" of drug, etc etc etc... just a gentle reminder)

I watched Luka's interview vid. His behavior was not that out of the ordinary for someone who is nervous. My experiences with meds (antidepressants), dry mouth side effect usually disappears over time....

Another use of 'R' that I have personally seen is with a friend's mother who was stage 4 alzheimer...

Okay, So we know there's an psychotropic med. It's clear to me that LM had a plan in place for his murder long before it occurred. Of course, we all know that something is mentally awry. However, isn't it possible that he feigned mental illness to some professional who then gave him a serious mental disorder diagnosis...and the medications. LM could have been working on an insanity defense before he acted out his plan. It will be interesting to found out just how long he's been on medication. If its been longterm then it may not be another major manipulation of his. However, if he started meds more recently...say in the last 6 months, then it may yet again be smoke and mirrors...and his attempt to minimize his consequences.

From what I understand (from LM's posts online and different news articles), it has been a long-term thing.
That doesn't necessarily mean that he's been on meds steady.

Can somone update me on the publication ban first hearing of it?

Twitters during the hearing today ..

Justin Ling ‏@justin_ling
No request for psyc assessment. Prosecution asking for publication ban on the medication. (Oops.)

Justin Ling ‏@justin_ling
I've deleted the name of the medication for the sake of saving my own *advertiser censored*.

Okay, So we know there's an psychotropic med. It's clear to me that LM had a plan in place for his murder long before it occurred. Of course, we all know that something is mentally awry. However, isn't it possible that he feigned mental illness to some professional who then gave him a serious mental disorder diagnosis...and the medications. LM could have been working on an insanity defense before he acted out his plan. It will be interesting to found out just how long he's been on medication. If its been longterm then it may not be another major manipulation of his. However, if he started meds more recently...say in the last 6 months, then it may yet again be smoke and mirrors...and his attempt to minimize his consequences.

Wow, what a thought. It's possible, IMO. The stuff on his website about posers on the Internet looked to me like he was possibly setting up a defense. Or at least trying to make people believe he wasn't some of those sock puppets that he actually probably was. This is like one of those mind-bending movies.

Hi
Thats what its all about - interesting differences opinion ! I agree with the Narc rarely committing suicide BUT he has so many issues - losses - no CONTROL over anything - what he lived for (!) -while incarcareted - that is what will do him in just my take!!

No internet- clothes-makeup- *advertiser censored* - folks to manipulate -do not envision him being an avid reader ha! Sorry that just hit me!

I agree that he has probably been freaking out about some of these things. A lot to get use to...his lack of make-up, etc...and no doubt he is missing the net. I think he will still be trying to manipulate people, though. I guess we will see how smart he really is.

Robert Hare's book, "Without Conscience" had a really interesting story in it. He is the creator of the psychopath checklist. He tells of how he was fooled by a psychopath when he was working in a prison. I don't have all the details, because I got the book out of the library. But if the creator of the checklist can be fooled....

I watched Luka's interview vid. His behavior was not that out of the ordinary for someone who is nervous. My experiences with meds (antidepressants), dry mouth side effect usually disappears over time....

When I saw the video I didn't know that he had been on prescription meds....I thought he may have been on an illicit drug....but this was just speculation on my part.

Sorry if it is possible the briefest of digressions and I will connect this to our topic here in a follow-up.

When DNA is collected from a corpse or skeleton what is the usual train of transmission in terms of individuals. Who is there when DNA is collected?

The person testing the DNA I assume is simply given the sample and told this is a legit sample from the body and then they test against a relative?

What are the chances of 1. error? 2. mischief? How many people would have to be involved for 2. mischief? I mean anywhere in the world.

Thanks don't have time to get into medical or forensic texts at the moment though I would like to if anyone has a provisional idea at least.

My nephew was on respirdone for many years along with clonedine (sp?) and ritalin for adhd and aspergers. He was very angry and could become violent. Not to mention ocd. Very scary!
Just an FYI: Clonidine isn't a psych med. It's a blood pressure med that is used for a variety of conditions other than lowering BP.

I agree that he has probably been freaking out about some of these things. A lot to get use to...his lack of make-up, etc...and no doubt he is missing the net. I think he will still be trying to manipulate people, though. I guess we will see how smart he really is.

Robert Hare's book, "Without Conscience" had a really interesting story in it. He is the creator of the psychopath checklist. He tells of how he was fooled by a psychopath when he was working in a prison. I don't have all the details, because I got the book out of the library. But if the creator of the checklist can be fooled....

Isn't that a great book? The prisoner he talks about would be Ray, his first patient during his tenure as the prison psychologist. This occurred after he'd received his master's in psychology in the early 1960s, but had no practical work experience as a psychologist and no particular interest in clinical psychology or criminological issues. It was at a maximum-security penitentiary near Vancouver. Truly excellent story how he was taken in by the smooth talker waving the knife in his face.

A must read book for sure! Now back OT .. :seeya:

I have read posts by LM that discuss various mental disorders. In particular I recall one about Borderline PD. I'm not sure how far back his posts go. Minimally he read up some on various mental diagnoses whether it was as a result of him having been diagnosed or out of curiousity is whole other issue. LM was constantly strategizing his manipulations, using sock puppets, innuendo, self-started rumors, wigs, make up, etc, etc, etc... Although his meds may have started long ago and "legitimately"...I still see him as just as likely to have conjured up a condition as means of getting access to strong psychotropics (for his victim) as well as laying the foundation for a mentally insane defense. I realize that his lawyers have not requested the psych eval. I am not well informed on Canada's legal system but suspect the request will likely happen at some time. Is it a one time option to request the eval in Canada's system? Or can he revisit the request months from now when he's more acclimated to incarceration?

Glad to see you guys have started a thread on this topic!!! I haven't had time to read back thru it, but I will... I have a question about any mental illness/insanity defense he might invoke in terms of the TIME it took him to put this evil crime into reality. He PLANNED it (posted it on the internet before it happened), and then - this is the part that gets me - FILMED the entire thing and then TOOK THE TIME to EDIT it!!! Who does that??? The psychological aspect of planning, committing, editing, and then PUBLISHING your crime is in a league of it's own. He had plenty of time to change his mind, grow a conscience, develop a sense of disgust, etc.... He did not do this. After the PLANNED and FILMED murder, he took the time to package up numerous body parts (up to six???), go to the postal service and mail them, pack his clothing, purchase an airline ticket to Europe (can't wait to hear when this was done), put on a favorite Mickey Mouse t-shirt and vamoos to Europe. Next up on schedule: Get caught in an internet cafe a few days latter looking at naked pictures of self and searching for news about self. What kind of mind does this??? Thoughts??

Shimmers! I've sent you a PM with the myspace link.

I did mention his grandfather early baldness exactly because I've read somewhere that genetics have a big influence about it!

Also about the make-up, yes, I've been wondering if his nose looks slimmer sometimes because of make-up contouring techniques. There are some make-up artists able to transform a person just by playing with light and shadow (youtube channels dope2111 and pixiwoo are experts with that stuff). And your explanation about his 'flat looking plastic face' is spot on. He didn't play with light except the lips, you are so right about that part. So I agree with you, it could be all make-up tricks but I still am unsure, I mean if you look at his high school picture his nose looks so different from the mugshot. But then again he is an adult now...
I guess, unless we see a clear picture of LM from when he was around 18years old it will be difficult to be totally sure about the nosejob. Hopefully we will find out... Thank you for your reply, I'm glad I'm not the only one curious about this :)

One thing that looks different to me is there appears to be less space between the bottom of his his nose and his lips when he was younger. Maybe aging changed that? His nose does look different to me.

Has anyone noticed the strange ridge on his head? That could be from the hair transplants. The pic is in the link below:

http://www.montrealgazette.com/World+knows+Luka+Magnotta+well+Eric+Newman/6812501/story.html

Isn't that a great book? The prisoner he talks about would be Ray, his first patient during his tenure as the prison psychologist. This occurred after he'd received his master's in psychology in the early 1960s, but had no practical work experience as a psychologist and no particular interest in clinical psychology or criminological issues. It was at a maximum-security penitentiary near Vancouver. Truly excellent story how he was taken in by the smooth talker waving the knife in his face.

A must read book for sure! Now back OT .. :seeya:

Thank Deanna! I appreciate you filling in that info. Yes, I think I am going to read the book again.....it is great! So it was early in his career. That would make more sense. Such a good book!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
B_Hazey