Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
100 - 1 if you were to ask me

My guess would be more like 5 to 1 on, doc's comments re.the 90 degree bend in the river are relevant, the way currents behave around man made pylons (there's a reason people fish around them)' and comments from local interviewed by police at scout ground who claims they were confident Allison was disposed of in that area, not at the bridge itself. Following flood water, I'd be pretty confident a lot of floating debris is found washed up in that same spot.

July 10, 2012 5:38AM

QUEENSLAND Health has blamed an interstate forensic testing facility for delays in determining the cause of death of Allison Baden-Clay.
Concerns over the time it was taking were raised yesterday at a court hearing into her alleged murder.

It has been three months since the body of the Brookfield mother, 43, was found at Kholo Creek, at Anstead, in Brisbane's west, 14km from her home where she was last seen alive.

QH Forensic and Scientific Services Centre senior director Greg Shaw said all forensic tests performed there were completed at the end of May.

"We understand additional tests have been requested which are currently being performed by an interstate laboratory," he said in a statement.

Prosecutor Danny Boyle told Brisbane Magistrates Court yesterday the Crown was waiting on results from the autopsy, as well as computer and phone examinations.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...lison-baden-clay/story-e6freon6-1226422152595

I remember a reporting asking what time allisons car was returned home, or was it returned home at 11 and mark ainsworth had no idea what they were talking about, does that ring any bells?

Yes, I said to my hubby "Did you hear that? Something about a car being returned?" He didn't hear it, as it was so quick... but a few others on here did. The police looked rather puzzled... at first I thought they weren't releasing that info and the reporter had blurted it out. Probably just a mistake in hindsight.

Wow BJS, where did you find that? Is there a link? Might not be him though. I think he'd be too worried about dropping the Baden from his name and just being known as clay.

Could he have manouvered it that way? taken the time to set up accounts etc in the name Clay, to enable him to still be viable under Baden Clay? it that even possible? because if it is...then this is the man that would have tried to swindle it.

Slighty on that topic, when I was studying tax accounting, our lecturer hinted many times that there a ways around everything when it comes to tax avoidance, particularly when it comes to companies, and setting up subsidiaries, holding companies, offshore accounts, non resident companies. It went on and on, very interesting.
But there is a difference between a smart accountant saving money for his client, and outright tax evasion etc. It all comes down to morals and ethics and whether you have the right character.

He might not have the know-how himself, but he strikes me as the type to go for bankruptcy under a different name, because then he can still keep up appearances,

and its all about keeping up appearances with this lot

Any insolvency action is permanently recorded on the ITSA National Personal Insolvency Index (NPII). The register can be searched by anyone FOR A FEE.

I haven't searched there and don't intend to but elsewhere I found Bankruptcy proceedings by ATO for a Gerard Clay, Brisbane, in 2003.

Might be him, might not be... but it is possible. I've noticed over the years that certain legalities only show parts of a hyphernated name. Didn't they only have the Clay name for a while?

Could he have manouvered it that way? taken the time to set up accounts etc in the name Clay, to enable him to still be viable under Baden Clay? it that even possible? because if it is...then this is the man that would have tried to swindle it.

I wonder the same thing minni. I think there's probably a lot more to the financial side of things than what little we already know.

Slighty on that topic, when I was studying tax accounting, our lecturer hinted many times that there a ways around everything when it comes to tax avoidance, particularly when it comes to companies, and setting up subsidiaries, holding companies, offshore accounts, non resident companies. It went on and on, very interesting.
But there is a difference between a smart accountant saving money for his client, and outright tax evasion etc. It all comes down to morals and ethics and whether you have the right character.

He might not have the know-how himself, but he strikes me as the type to go for bankruptcy under a different name, because then he can still keep up appearances,

and its all about keeping up appearances with this lot

With him and his bogus ways of life, I think anything is possible. Dodgy person in so many ways. When you hear of the lengths some people go to... well, for some reason I'm thinking it might be him.

I remember a reporting asking what time allisons car was returned home, or was it returned home at 11 and mark ainsworth had no idea what they were talking about, does that ring any bells?

Yes, that was what sounded like a young nervous male reporter asking something like 'was the Pajero returned home around 11?'... And super.Ainsworth said it was news to him (as other reporters corrected the guy that it was a Prado, not Pajero.

Around that time locals were saying one of the family cars was seen 'behaving erratically' on Brookfield Road on the Thursday night. I think the police have a bunch of statements that might help place the car/s more accurately than our genius realises, at least I hope so.

I wonder the same thing minni. I think there's probably a lot more to the financial side of things than what little we already know.

Hence the need for a further 5 months to go through his financials. hmmm. Might be starting to make a bit of sense to us all now.

I'm still wondering how the heck he is going to pay for his legal team? He, on paper, appears to have no money? Has he got a secret stash somewhere? {considering his dealings} ... or he has something on a lawyer? {That is far fetched, I know} But for the life of me I cannot see how he's doing this... legally I mean.

My guess would be more like 5 to 1 on, doc's comments re.the 90 degree bend in the river are relevant, the way currents behave around man made pylons (there's a reason people fish around them)' and comments from local interviewed by police at scout ground who claims they were confident Allison was disposed of in that area, not at the bridge itself. Following flood water, I'd be pretty confident a lot of floating debris is found washed up in that same spot.

thanks KB, if you were to take another bet would you say little ugly creek over scout camp? of the three places we visited on Sunday, Little Ugly Creek was by far the most accessible and secluded. It was barely running but thats irrelevant as we know the downpour would have changed all that. There is also the mans dog going off all night. There is not much IMO to fault this scenario.
My feeling with the bridge is based a lot on coincidence. I have difficulty believing she happened to come to rest in such a convenient spot. Your comments above help explain that and strengthen your argument, along with another post last night which spoke about the pipes acting as a barrier during the period where it poured. (we were there at high tide on sunday and there was plenty of room between the water level and the first pipe, but it hadnt recently rained a lot)
Another point I had which has also been proven wrong that I was basing my thoughts on was the charge of interfering with a corpse. I had wrongly believed it was 'interfering with a corpse at Kholo Bridge', not creek. so my factual argument is falling apart quickly.

finally, one reason I was going with against the scout camp is that it is too obvious...even for a man as intellectually challenged as GBC, surely even he would know the connection he has with the place would implicate him, and his father would know this too. I believe that it would be a very high steep embankment down to the waters edge from the scout camp. I think IMO they would leave very good tyre tracks there too, as you can see dirt roads inside the camp and all.

off topic...but it is SO SO good to be back in front of my computer again!!!

Around that time locals were saying one of the family cars was seen 'behaving erratically' on Brookfield Road on the Thursday night. I think the police have a bunch of statements that might help place the car/s more accurately than our genius realises, at least I hope so.

I've always wondered about this Keyboredom, and if it is true, who was driving the car, or who was in the car?

I still think it's possible that she was still alive in a car at some stage that night (after coming home earlier of course)

I'm still wondering how the heck he is going to pay for his legal team? He, on paper, appears to have no money? Has he got a secret stash somewhere? {considering his dealings} ... or he has something on a lawyer? {That is far fetched, I know} But for the life of me I cannot see how he's doing this... legally I mean.

My guess is someone else has to be paying the bills (no idea who) I don't beleive for one minute that Mahony or Peter Davis SC are representing him pro bono

I know there was some talk way back early on that Mahony may have been from Toowoomba, I stand corrected if that is wrong, but i remember reading that here I'm pretty sure...........so maybe he and GBC have some prior relationship, but as for Peter Davis....I'm guessing he would not need a high profile case that much that he would do the work for free.....Just my opinion though

I'm just a bit shocked that the judge would actually show that he was annoyed with the police.... infront of the defence. I know, it's the way it is, but to me it's like giving the defence a bit of 'something' to enjoy.

I think it is the judge stamping his authority on his court. He is effectively telling everyone 'don't think I don't know you are using this to gain more time'. It is a shot across the bows not to expect to be able to do this again IMO.

I've always wondered about this Keyboredom, and if it is true, who was driving the car, or who was in the car?

I still think it's possible that she was still alive in a car at some stage that night (after coming home earlier of course)

I too think thats possible. I originally thought it might be Allison, upset, going to confront mistress (one of them?) but now think it was be GBC driving, and that the screams heard from Will Truter and his neighbour that night, may have been Allison. just my opinion

does anyone know whereabouts on Brookfield road the car was seen driving erratically? The screams were heard up the brookfield end of Rafting Ground Road I think, so was the car driving towards rafting ground road? away from it? or was it nowhere near that end, and seen between boscombe road and heading towards Kenmore?

this would be really helpful information in determining whether the screams heard might be related

Re: tyre tracks around the camp, as I understand it, there should have been a lot of them because parents came the day before to pick up their kids. GBC could have assumed that as well. Then the rainfalls. This is how the quality of a track changes (right to left)

depositphotos_6088539-Collection-of-seven-fading-High-Quality-Grunge-Tire-tracks.jpg

I too think thats possible. I originally thought it might be Allison, upset, going to confront mistress (one of them?) but now think it was be GBC driving, and that the screams heard from Will Truter and his neighbour that night, may have been Allison. just my opinion

does anyone know whereabouts on Brookfield road the car was seen driving erratically? The screams were heard up the brookfield end of Rafting Ground Road I think, so was the car driving towards rafting ground road? away from it? or was it nowhere near that end, and seen between boscombe road and heading towards Kenmore?

this would be really helpful information in determining whether the screams heard might be related

Not fact, but I read somewhere (can't link sorry as not sure where) that the screams were heard around Rees Way, which comes off Rafting Ground Rd, about a km or so from Allison's home.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member