Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to know whether those screams heard were related, but certainly possible, also the direct neighbours say they heard loud arguing that night.

Maybe more remote, but I guess it's possible the screams were fake, to maybe imply random attack if someone heard them and reported it (as they did)

He apparently said to some people at least, that she went for a walk around 10pm Thursday night, when the screams were heard.

MOO

I have had ongoing trouble with the Thanks button- I really like using it - its my all purpose, yes totally I agree, wow great post and thanks for that info and point of view. So it annoys me no end when I can't see my name pop up in thanks list.I have discovered a work around I thought I'd share:- so its hit the Thanks button and then if your screen name doesn't show up, refresh the screen and then if it still doesn't show up hit the thanks button again and it should pop up. Works about 90% of the time, sometimes I think the site traffic may affect the utility.

further to someone stating (much earlier) that Allison was on canteen(tuckshop) duty on the Thursday morning and heard something new about her husband's affairs....the poster stated that Allison was on tuckshop on the first Tuesday of the month- this from the Brookfield School's newsletter
This is a part-time position with our Tuckshop opening 3 days per week (currently
Monday, Wednesday and Thursdays)

http://www.brookfieldss.eq.edu.au/content/newsletter/newsletter.php

My guess is someone else has to be paying the bills (no idea who) I don't beleive for one minute that Mahony or Peter Davis SC are representing him pro bono

I know there was some talk way back early on that Mahony may have been from Toowoomba, I stand corrected if that is wrong, but i remember reading that here I'm pretty sure...........so maybe he and GBC have some prior relationship, but as for Peter Davis....I'm guessing he would not need a high profile case that much that he would do the work for free.....Just my opinion though

Which makes me wonder, WHO would put up that much money to help him? Your average Joe wouldn't get that sort of help. I'm thinking, keeping in mind the dodgy dealings of the past, maybe he does have something on someone... someone who also stands to lose alot if it comes out. {This could be the reason this person is putting up the money for him} I think this is going to be far more than just a murder case in the end.

I've wondered if it's family trust money which will cover the lawyers? I wouldn't be surprised if there is some kind of family trust fund.

I've wondered if it's family trust money which will cover the lawyers? I wouldn't be surprised if their is some kind of family trust fund.

You could be right, I just thought they were all pretty broke, so to speak. I thought they might have already accessed any trust fund there might have been. Anyway, what a way to waste a trust fund. haha
This is going to VERY expensive in the end.

Absolutely parkerp! I have just been going back through some threads as I have this uneasy feeling (nothing more) that we are missing something in relation to the link between GBC and NGB, both in terms of financial mismanagement (as a minimum) and fraud and murder and accessory. I just feel that is what is going to tie a lot of things together.

I know this has been gone over before but there was a mention in the first few threads 1-3 about a car being left at the show ground and I again have this feeling tha he poster mentioned NBCs car. Someone else later mentioned Allison's car.

I cannot find the post. Marly are you still here or if not if you have time tomorrow please???

All MOO

I had a look through earlier threads & couldn't find a mention of NBC's car being at showgrounds although I did find the following...

#430 05-04-2012, 12:47 PM
Keyboredom
Registered User Join Date: Apr 2012

I just spoke to someone who said a police officer told him recently that Allison's car was in fact found at the Showgrounds. It's second hand, but was completely unrelated to the post mentioning it on here. So maybe it was. That would explain why they are more interested in it than the other car (at least that's the way it seems).

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7869990&highlight=car+showgrounds#post7869990
-------------------------------------------------

#112 05-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Maverick.au
Registered User Join Date: May 2012

1) Reports of the argument have them coming from the house.
2) Brookfield is a safe area - no need to take the car to go across the road no matter what the time.
3) If she was fearful of her husband why would she leave the children behind?
4) Why drive her to a roundabout and leave the children at home alone?
5) The car wasn't left in the showgrounds, it was at the house.
6) He didn't take his car to the police station to report her missing, why would he leave the children at home when there is a phone?
7) He didn't crash his car, he crashed a borrowed car because the police had impounded their cars.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7866403&highlight=car+showgrounds#post7866403

I know it's been said before, but you're a legend Marlywings lol, thank you :)

I wish Maverick.au would come back (maybe he just lurks?) :)

Geocatcher found it with a welded ankle and a dog. Can't be that hard. No way I would climb the pipes. NO WAY. Nope

I thought that particular geocacher approached on foot, climbing down the banks without going near the pipes?

Also the kayaking tip to approach Kholo Creek at high tide in order to navigate over the submerged pipe, could be referring to a pipe crossing further up Brisbane River. I mean, I think I could well have misinterpreted the location of the submerged pipe at high tide. I thought it was in reference to the pipe at Kholo Creek. Oops. Still not sure :blushing:

I know it's been said before, but you're a legend Marlywings lol, thank you :)

I wish Maverick.au would come back (maybe he just lurks?) :)

Thanks Laura ...& you're welcome :)

Yep could be he's just reading along....perhaps he'll turn up out of the blue one day.

Morning Everyone. Sorry I haven't been around for last couple of days. Life is just getting in the way of my WS habit. I don't have time to catch up on everything that has been written but I have been following a few of the threads and thought I might make a couple of comments as separate posts so they are not too long.

Firstly - Regarding GBC not sleeping and possibly picking up a script that morning. I wonder if the police checked how many tablets were in the container - were any missing? The reason for getting the tablets may not have been to use them but to say that he took one that night and why he slept all night. He may claim that he didn't recall waking at 12.30 to make that call to his Dad because of the effect of a sedative.

Secondly re children being drugged. He had the opportunity to do that - Allison was having her night off from the kids and at the hairdressers. I suggest he fed them that night and got them ready for bed - easy to crush up tablets and put them in their drink/food. He would of course have had a legitimate reason for googling drug info.

Not fact, but I read somewhere (can't link sorry as not sure where) that the screams were heard around Rees Way, which comes off Rafting Ground Rd, about a km or so from Allison's home.

MOO
Thanks Laura...thats near the roundabout isnt it? I think you are right about that

Re: tyre tracks around the camp, as I understand it, there should have been a lot of them because parents came the day before to pick up their kids. GBC could have assumed that as well. Then the rainfalls. This is how the quality of a track changes (right to left)

Thanks for the photos grannie....last night I was thinking about that scout camp....NBC would most likely know that whole area quite well but I'm wondering,... if this whole case was pre-med, could they have gone out to that area to sus out somewhere to hide the body the weekend or some time before Allison was killed??

We know some of the things which happened the day Allison was killed as well as some of what took place the day she was reported missing....but what about the weekend prior to that...I wonder where all of them were during that time.

Thanks Laura...thats near the roundabout isnt it? I think you are right about that

I don't think it's that near the round about that was in question, but I don't know the area at all. I am just going by what I've seen on maps (and what I read elsewhere sorry)

MOO

You could be right, I just thought they were all pretty broke, so to speak. I thought they might have already accessed any trust fund there might have been. Anyway, what a way to waste a trust fund. haha
This is going to VERY expensive in the end.

Linette, imagine how the people who have lent money will be feeling - you could as much as kiss any hope of getting it back goodbye. IMO

I remember a reporting asking what time allisons car was returned home, or was it returned home at 11 and mark ainsworth had no idea what they were talking about, does that ring any bells?

I think that was in the interview where Det. A was standing in front of the cemetery. The reporter asked about a pajero/prado. It was an awkward moment.

re: hair and banding, I recall hearing Allison had her hair coloured that evening. (weird, But I've always been kinda happy that she had her hair done, and was probably feeling that bounce in her curl that night. Maybe it made her a bit stronger, unfortunately not strong enough.)

all MOO

Thirdly re forensic financial audit. Business people often have their affairs structured between different trusts specifically to make their accounts difficult to audit. THey do this to minimise their tax obligations and to make audits difficult. They may even have multiple sets of accounts. Added to that, property management companies have to set up trusts for their clients for bond money and the flow of monies for rental incomes and expenses. Sure, any accountant can look at the general ledgar of a business and give a considered opinion of where things are at, but a complete forensic audit tracing through a myriad of trusts can take months. Since the prosecution alleges that GBC's primary motive for murder was a financial one they need to ensure NBC doesn't suddenly appear with a secret stash of a few million $$$'s from a family trust account, which would totally discredit the prosecution's case.

I had to laugh when I read that GBC had apparently told TM he had "hidden assets". I think the only assets he have, have not been well hidden from anyone - especially her.

Thirdly re forensic financial audit. Business people often have their affairs structured between different trusts specifically to make their accounts difficult to audit. THey do this to minimise their tax obligations and to make audits difficult. They may even have multiple sets of accounts. Added to that, property management companies have to set up trusts for their clients for bond money and the flow of monies for rental incomes and expenses. Sure, any accountant can look at the general ledgar of a business and give a considered opinion of where things are at, but a complete forensic audit tracing through a myriad of trusts can take months. Since the prosecution alleges that GBC's primary motive for murder was a financial one they need to ensure NBC doesn't suddenly appear with a secret stash of a few million $$$'s from a family trust account, which would totally discredit the prosecution's case.

I had to laugh when I read that GBC had apparently told TM he had "hidden assets". I think the only assets he have, have not been well hidden from anyone - especially her.

maybe just maybe he did have hidden assets and Allison found out what they were (that money has to have been spent on something) and maybe the motive (more than insurance payout) was so that he didn't have to share with Allison in the case of a divorce. JMO - my first husband managed to get out of our marriage with a fair bit of property that I had been paying off (with him) BUT it was all still in his parent's names :(
oh and he was a 'player' too just like Gerard seems to have been

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members