Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think that it's all being done pro-bono - high profile case, political white collar business man who has just lost his wife and access to daughters has been accused of murdering his wife. Basically confirmed guilty by the public before his arrest. Sure to lose his business on top of everything else due to public stone throwing.

There are a lot of reason's that top notch legal firms would love to be involved in his acquittal. I wonder if he is acquitted if he will be able to claim compensation for his loss of business? We have all seen the friends on his fb profile dwindle and the properties on his web page vanish.

MOO - though not personally suggesting that he is or isn't guilty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could be right about that.

Morning all :) Couple of points before I have to resume the real world stuff.

First - the spot where the screams were allegedly heard is nowhere near the roundabout - either the Kenmore one (several Km away) or the Brookfield one near the showgrounds. It is over a Km along Rafting Ground Rd, then into Rees Way at Huntingdon estate.

Second, and the main reason for posting - I just got an email back from my forensic contact in the UK (from the famous "Met") and in their experience, it is not currently possible to age blood, especially in stain form. However, they did say that "overlays" such as hand prints, shoe prints, etc can indicate time windows if other stuff is known. More information can be had from the spatter analysis, eg a nosebleed vs a beating. However, the blood in the back of Allison's car looked more like a contact and/or dripped down stain, rather than splattered around - but that's just to my eyes from those photos.

So - bottom line is that it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the defence were to try and create reasonable doubt by alleging that the blood in the back of the car pre-dated Allison's death by some time.

OK - back to the real world.... :(

Yep the screams were heard around 4klms away....report re the screams...

April 29, 2012

Mr Truter, who went to police last Saturday after seeing news reports of the disappearance, lives in a house near Rafting Ground Rd, about a half-hour walk from Ms Baden-Clay's Brookfield Rd house in Brisbane's west.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ar...-mum-disappeared/story-e6freuzr-1226341571937
----------------------

They only had the car for two months prior to Allison's death so I hope this may make it difficult for defence to try & come up with some story.

June 27, 2012

Police examine the Baden-Clay's Holden Captiva SUV, which they had owned for eight weeks.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...d-badenclay-20120626-210bz.html#ixzz20AwAIzpD

I have had ongoing trouble with the Thanks button- I really like using it - its my all purpose, yes totally I agree, wow great post and thanks for that info and point of view. So it annoys me no end when I can't see my name pop up in thanks list.I have discovered a work around I thought I'd share:- so its hit the Thanks button and then if your screen name doesn't show up, refresh the screen and then if it still doesn't show up hit the thanks button again and it should pop up. Works about 90% of the time, sometimes I think the site traffic may affect the utility.

Me too Liadan..... and thanks lol.

it sure does. i still think it was a result of a domestic and went wrong. if it was why not call the police and plead guilty to grievous bodily harm accidently causing death. surely that would be better for all particularly the girls. cant fathom this guy at all:banghead: maybe someone call tell me the penalty for that crime, would be a lot less than murder sorry hope i didnt give the impression it was an accident because i dont think it was

I thought it was too but there was too much planning, then again not enough planning if you know what I mean.

Maybe he had thoughts of it and after a domestic that night he put them into action. I have always thought Allison had something on him that she threatened him with.

Morning all :) Couple of points before I have to resume the real world stuff.

First - the spot where the screams were allegedly heard is nowhere near the roundabout - either the Kenmore one (several Km away) or the Brookfield one near the showgrounds. It is over a Km along Rafting Ground Rd, then into Rees Way at Huntingdon estate.

Second, and the main reason for posting - I just got an email back from my forensic contact in the UK (from the famous "Met") and in their experience, it is not currently possible to age blood, especially in stain form. However, they did say that "overlays" such as hand prints, shoe prints, etc can indicate time windows if other stuff is known. More information can be had from the spatter analysis, eg a nosebleed vs a beating. However, the blood in the back of Allison's car looked more like a contact and/or dripped down stain, rather than splattered around - but that's just to my eyes from those photos.

So - bottom line is that it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the defence were to try and create reasonable doubt by alleging that the blood in the back of the car pre-dated Allison's death by some time.

OK - back to the real world.... :(

Thanks for asking about that Doc - love the avatar and yes Makara is a diva when it comes to photoshop and Marlywings is a goddess when it comes to finding links......

:yourock:

exactly thats what i meant to say thanks linette

Blast! Every time I look for Squizzey - he has gone........

Squizzey - were you told a time for NBC sitting at the bus stop?

Sorry if I am the umptyumpth person to ask that......:blushing:

I thought it was too but there was too much planning, then again not enough planning if you know what I mean.

Maybe he had thoughts of it and after a domestic that night he put them into action. I have always thought Allison had something on him that she threatened him with.

Agree!! The part about the planning, yet not enough planning is spot on. I think he did have plans to kill her, but it happened out of the blue, so it comes across like a cross between planned and unplanned. IYKWIM?

The report which states Allison's car was at the residence that morning...

April 23, 2012

Insp Gundry confirmed that when Ms Baden-Clay was declared missing, her car was still on the family property.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ng-in-brookfield/story-e6freoof-1226335681703

Insp Gundry confirmed that when Ms Baden-Clay was declared missing, her car was still on the family property.

perhaps it's all in the wording the QPS seem to choose their words carefully

My theory on payment of legal bills is that whoever was willing to put up bail money would be the one paying the legal bills. Wasn't it a doctor???

Exactly. If they can raise $500K for bond in any form [cash, real property or other security], then they can pay legal bills. I do not think this practice would act pro bono for their services in this matter. This case could extend for three years!

The high profile exposure is a bonus, and would likely be appreciated by the practice, but I am very confident that their services will be paid for. It is not uncommon for legal practices, in high net worth matters, to lodge a caveat on a client's property [as security for payment of legal fees in the long term].

:scale:

“I prefer by far the warmth and softness to mere brilliancy and coldness. Some people remind me of sharp dazzling diamonds. Valuable but lifeless and loveless. Others, of the simplest field flowers, with hearts full of dew and with all the tints of celestial beauty reflected in their modest petals.”
― Anaïs Nin, The Early Diary of Anaïs Nin, Vol. 2: 1920-1923

I thought this worth a reposting with the discussions about scout camp/bridge. It really does seem to me police were more interested in whether her body was placed upstream from where she was found. Maybe GBC thought she would be found sooner rather than later, by either scouts or these people playing skirmish.

May 03, 2012

Police yesterday remained near the scene where they found the body.

Crime scene tape cordoned off one of the gates off Bunya Rd to the nearby Tyamolum Scout Grounds as well as a segment of bushland on Wirrabara Rd near to Kholo Creek, where Mrs Baden-Clay's body was found under a Mt Crosby Rd bridge.

It is understood the bushland nearby has previously been used by people playing games including laser skirmish on weekends but was otherwise relatively isolated, although it was used by local Scouting associations.

The 15ha Scouting grounds are intersected by several waterways that spill into Kholo Creek.

They are usually bounded with signs to warn trespassers the area is private property, belonging to the Scout Association of Australia.

The landscape of the grounds, which contain several shelters and some cleared roadways, is typical of the bushland of the area, with thick, tall gum trees and deep gullies.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/tr...ents-in-the-area/story-fnat7jnn-1226345491639

I think she had something on him too Bayside

Blast! Every time I look for Squizzey - he has gone........

Squizzey - were you told a time for NBC sitting at the bus stop?

Sorry if I am the umptyumpth person to ask that......:blushing:

it was early morning around 2 I think

I personally think that it's all being done pro-bono - high profile case, political white collar business man who has just lost his wife and access to daughters has been accused of murdering his wife. Basically confirmed guilty by the public before his arrest. Sure to lose his business on top of everything else due to public stone throwing.

There are a lot of reason's that top notch legal firms would love to be involved in his acquittal. I wonder if he is acquitted if he will be able to claim compensation for his loss of business? We have all seen the friends on his fb profile dwindle and the properties on his web page vanish.

MOO - though not personally suggesting that he is or isn't guilty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It makes me feel sick to my stomach that lawyers would be happy to advertise themselves through bringing about an acquittal, if in fact GBC is guilty. How cynical.

I comfort myself that karma catches up with all, sooner or later.

As somebody once said "the wheels of God grind slowly, but they grind exceeding small".

:maddening:

I think she had something on him too Bayside

i do too affairs, debts, business going bust and probably more but i dont think she would be the type to use them or blackmail him. i think TM may have said leave her or pay back my money NOW. probably lent him the money as a bait and wanted to trap him. poor misguided woman JMOO

I think Allison was smart enough that she would have known some of it, but I doubt she knew all of it

Exactly. If they can raise $500K for bond in any form [cash, real property or other security], then they can pay legal bills. I do not think this practice would act pro bono for their services in this matter. This case could extend for three years!

The high profile exposure is a bonus, and would likely be appreciated by the practice, but I am very confident that their services will be paid for. It is not uncommon for legal practices, in high net worth matters, to lodge a caveat on a client's property [as security for payment of legal fees in the long term].

:scale:

“I prefer by far the warmth and softness to mere brilliancy and coldness. Some people remind me of sharp dazzling diamonds. Valuable but lifeless and loveless. Others, of the simplest field flowers, with hearts full of dew and with all the tints of celestial beauty reflected in their modest petals.”
― Anaïs Nin, The Early Diary of Anaïs Nin, Vol. 2: 1920-1923
yeah but he dont have no property:floorlaugh:

i do too affairs, debts, business going bust and probably more but i dont think she would be the type to use them or blackmail him. i think TM may have said leave her or pay back my money NOW. probably lent him the money as a bait and wanted to trap him. poor misguided woman JMOO

At first I thought maybe Allison had threatened to leave him, but now I think he wouldnt have cared if she left him as she would at least take half the debt off his hands and then blamed it all on her.

I think it might have been the other way around that he was threatening to leave her and she was trying to keep her family together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member