LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if these have already been answered, if they have please forgive me, but i was wondering,

Was micky known to carry a knife?
If this guy tends to burn evidence isnt it a good possibility he burnt her remains? That would make them harder to locate wouldnt it?

God bless mickey and her family. Impossible as it may seem i still hopecand pray that she's out there somewhere, (maybe a fuge state?) and that this is all a big coincidence. So so sad.

Does anyone know if the supposed shallow graves were found anywhere near where the buzzards were seen? And also could someone remind me what kind of truck he bought to replace the "stolen" one.

Also, I would not be surprised if BSL did have something to do with the New Orleans Jessica Hawk murder.
Although the sketch resembles his 1999 mugshot, and not the current one, I'm pretty sure he was probably still very skinny once he was released from prison. He probably gained weight once he began eating food out in the real world again.

Since inmates are required to keep their hair short, it would explain why the sketch depicts a shorter hair (almost shaved) version of BSL.

Also, a family member of his posted on here that BSL was questioned and a person of interest in 2 other Acadia Parish murders before, but never actually convicted because of lack of evidence. One was a young girl, whose remains were found at a camp.

Can I get a link to these two cases online, or can you tell us more about the previous cases?

bbm: I'd like to know more about those cases, too, if there is truth to the rumor that he was questioned as a person of interest. (If they were sexual attacks, he may have been questioned mostly because of his RSO status, if he was in the area of the attack/s at the time.) At any rate, it appears he was not charged in those cases. I wonder if anyone has been?

Honestly though a pic probably doesn't matter because it's all contact dermatitis and no two rashes are exactly alike but I'm no medical professional.

allergic dermatitis is all the same! He might have broken out in poison ivy after the 19th but i agree with the previous poster... RUMOR.

Sorry if these have already been answered, if they have please forgive me, but i was wondering,

Was micky known to carry a knife?
If this guy tends to burn evidence isnt it a good possibility he burnt her remains? That would make them harder to locate wouldnt it?

God bless mickey and her family. Impossible as it may seem i still hopecand pray that she's out there somewhere, (maybe a fuge state?) and that this is all a big coincidence. So so sad.

I believe it's been reported here that commenters on the findMickey page (I think) have made reference to her carrying a box-cutter.

Does anyone know if the supposed shallow graves were found anywhere near where the buzzards were seen? And also could someone remind me what kind of truck he bought to replace the "stolen" one.

I think the replacement truck is said to be "just like" the burned one. (Maybe a different year, I'm not sure.)

bbm: I'd like to know more about those cases, too, if there is truth to the rumor that he was questioned as a person of interest. (If they were sexual attacks, he may have been questioned mostly because of his RSO status, if he was in the area of the attack/s at the time.) At any rate, it appears he was not charged in those cases. I wonder if anyone has been?

According to his family member/friend that wrote the post, he was a person of interest in the murder cases that were in Acadia Parish, not sexual attacks. Not sure if any rape even occurred in those incidents. He just mentioned them finding the remains buried at a camp.

Maybe in those particular cases, he only partially participated leaving behind slim to nothing or maybe they just never had enough on him even if he individually did it. But of course, OJ got away with murder and they had a whole crime scene pointing to him... so why couldn't BSL?

Not sure the guy that posted was BSL's friend or relative. Now that I think about it, possibly his friend.
He said he grew up with BSL, told about his 2 homes that burned down and how he had a rough life, and spoke about the persons of interest deal with BSL in those Acadia Parish crimes.

I'm not sure if he is still following this board, but I'm sure he is. Hopefully he will reply.

Apparently according to LE, he bought another Silverado, or whatever it was he had before...

Not sure where the search at the "shallow graves" was, compared to reported buzzards.

Cuts older than 8-12 hours are not usually sutured!~ due to infection!

a cut should be closed with stitches within 8-12 hours
http://www.centracare.org/Home/Whatsgoingaround/tabid/14718/Default.aspx

They probably "knew" it was older! A 3pm stabbing and driving around "lost" for hours makes no sense!

We don't know what type of wound care was done at the ER in Oschners. Hopefully they did a great job documenting the condition of the site.. I really wish we could see the notes as they would tell us a lot. Some docs won't suture at 6 hours, some will go out as far as 18. We do know he went there.

We don't know if he was refused surgery at Opelousas General or if he really was referred to a Surgeon. We don't know if it is a fact he had a rash, poison Ivy or any other skin problems.

I find it not only a far fetched story that a 220 pound man was attacked and stabbed several times by a knife wielding man in broad daylight, but we are to. Sieve he recalls all sorts of details about the man but none about the vicinity or the gas station?

Guys don't stop and ask for directions, especially ones who have been to/ through New Orleans before. I highly doubt that he has never stopped there before after coming in from Venice.

According to his family member/friend that wrote the post, he was a person of interest in the murder cases that were in Acadia Parish, not sexual attacks. Not sure if any rape even occurred in those incidents. He just mentioned them finding the remains buried at a camp.

Maybe in those particular cases, he only partially participated leaving behind slim to nothing or maybe they just never had enough on him even if he individually did it. But of course, OJ got away with murder and they had a whole crime scene pointing to him... so why couldn't BSL?

Not sure the guy that posted was BSL's friend or relative. Now that I think about it, possibly his friend.
He said he grew up with BSL, told about his 2 homes that burned down and how he had a rough life, and spoke about the persons of interest deal with BSL in those Acadia Parish crimes.

I'm not sure if he is still following this board, but I'm sure he is. Hopefully he will reply.

bbm: Yes, I realize the poster said they were murder cases, but just wondering if they may have had a sexual-attack component (or were suspected to have), and thus might have drawn BSL in for questioning, along with other RSOs in the area/s.

I think it was someone who went to school with him that spoke of his past and possibly being questioned about incidences as a juvenile but we really don't know. It was just recent someone came on and said they were kin to BSL.

Also, I would not be surprised if BSL did have something to do with the New Orleans Jessica Hawk murder.
Although the sketch resembles his 1999 mugshot, and not the current one, I'm pretty sure he was probably still very skinny once he was released from prison. He probably gained weight once he began eating food out in the real world again.

Since inmates are required to keep their hair short, it would explain why the sketch depicts a shorter hair (almost shaved) version of BSL.

Also, a family member of his posted on here that BSL was questioned and a person of interest in 2 other Acadia Parish murders before, but never actually convicted because of lack of evidence. One was a young girl, whose remains were found at a camp.

Can I get a link to these two cases online, or can you tell us more about the previous cases?

allergic dermatitis is all the same! He might have broken out in poison ivy after the 19th but i agree with the previous poster... RUMOR.

Could the Opelousas Hospital story be a cover up by BSL? The cuts may have looked severe enough to require the stitches but someone posted there is a time limit to suturing wounds. His family/friends may have noticed they should have been stitched so BLS made up the story that Oschner referred him to Opelousas for stitches but it could not be done because of poison ivy (or mace). As the irritation cleared, he may have just told people he decided not to have the stitches because the wounds were healing.
JMO

There is no fact to the him needing surgery, having poison ivy being referred to another hospital, his finger being almost cut off ect. I have been following since day one and have read 100's of articles on the web and haven’t found anything to validate any of these claims (well besides on here) so if these are FACTS can someone post links of these?

gngr~snap:

BSL probably got poison ivy at WB and by the time he made it to OGH a few days later he had developed an itchy rash and swelling.

Could the Opelousas Hospital story be a cover up by BSL? The cuts may have looked severe enough to require the stitches but someone posted there is a time limit to suturing wounds. His family/friends may have noticed they should have been stitched so BLS made up the story that Oschner referred him to Opelousas for stitches but it could not be done because of poison ivy (or mace). As the irritation cleared, he may have just told people he decided not to have the stitches because the wounds were healing.
JMO

No the police were called to the hospital to make a report.
http://www.katc.com/news/lavergne-questioned-in-jefferson-parish-may-19th/

I believe I missed something: Where did the Opelousas General story come in? When was he there?

Has he said who his "friend" was that he was going to see in New Orleans?

FYI, another area of interest that could be considered is the Lake Maurepas/I-55 corridor. My understanding is it is a notorious body-dump area. I don't know that BSL would consider it unless he is familiar with that area. Seems he sure covered a lot of ground in the weeks following MS's disappearance.

JMO

Depending on the damage to his hand he may have been referred to a surgeon. He may need reconstructive hand surgery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayne_solves